Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday Sept. 15th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon (depending on the time zone).

I have no idea why I woke up a few minutes before 5 am this morning.  Guess I had enough sleep Woman Happy

I checked out the SG TSV and decided it's too short for my height.

I ordered some bird related things online yesterday so I'm not feeling the urge to buy anything today.

I will be heading over to my younger niece's place in an hour or so.  We are celebrating her daughter's 8th birthday a week or so early because they will either be in Disneyland or on their way back from Disneyland on the actual day. 

I need to get some clarity on that Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday Sept. 15th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. The SG TSV will not be coming my6 way either but my reason is that it has a hood that cannot be detachabnle. I despise hoods.

I'm tired. The cat has been getting me up super early for about three days for some reason. This morning I was up at 4:30 but went back to bed at 9am when he was soundly napping, permitting me a couple of hours of sleep.

I need to go to the city sometime this week to get my nails done and just to be able to get out and do things without being locked into appointments.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you enjoy the birthday party.  I woke up early, but I know the reason -- it started raining.  I did get some rest after that, but I was a little sleepy when I did get up.

I understand why you and Jean will not be ordering the TSV.  Neither will I, but we all had different reasons.  I like it, just have too many coats already.  I checked out my coat closet and found that I still had a somewhat similar coat of hers from many, many years ago.  I thought that I had donated it, but.... Anyway, it is red on one side and black on the other.  I really like that coat, and actually had another one blue and green, but twonof the same coat was one too many.  

Sorry you were tired, Jean.  I guess Midnight's schedule is off.  Hope you are able to get out later in the week.

My hospice visit was okay, but my patient never even got out of bed while I was there.  Her son said that her sleeping schedule has been way off.  He was happy to have me there when he went out to pick up his daughter from college for the weekend.  It was her 18th birthday.

I was a bit sad when he said that he thought his Mom was ready to go, and both of them were at peace with it.  While I know this is a good thing, I will miss her.  Hopefully, it will not happen while I am away on my trip.

I had a very disturbing call this morning when I was just back from my walk.  This lady called and asked for me (did not pronounce my last name correctly), and I did not recognize her voice (sounded very elderly).  Long story short, it was a lady I worked with long ago, and have kept up with through e-mails, cards, etc. Not frequent contact, but a few times a year.   No phone calls in at least 10-15 years.  

She is older than me (12 - 13 years), and sounds even older.  But, what was really upsetting to me was she said "my husband and I are giving it all up".  She repeated that a few times, and I finally determined they are giving up their computers, cable, etc. and just keeping cell phones.  I knew she had some physical problems that made it difficult to get around, and I think he had some as well.  They have moved many times, but are currently living in an apartment near Boston.

I asked if they were at the same address, and she said they were temporarily in another place since their apartment was being renovated for the handicapped.  I asked how she was doing, but she didn't answer.

This was a very strong and active woman -- bright, efficient mother of four boys.  And, they loved to travel and would spend months in France.  Actually, she was the one who got me into the idea that I could save for travel and take foreign trips.  (This was back when my ex wasn't working much, and I did not make much money at mine.)  

I really wish I knew what is going on, and could help in some way. 

On to more positive news, DD has joined NOOM (weight loss computer group).  She has had such good luck so far, and I hope this helps her even more.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I could join you in not ordering the SG TSV simply because I am well supplied with coats and jackets. I still have one of her reversible fleece 3/4 coats. It would be upsetting to hear from someone from your past with what appears to be severe aging issues. I have heard good things about Noon in their ads so I hope it works well for DD.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.