Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 22nd

Susan, I'm so sorry DH is suffering with his back and knee. I hope the meds are doing their job. It's usually the case that pain eases up in time for a doctors appointment. My DH has been having issues with his hand, in addition to his long standing problems. I hope he can get the VA doctor to take a look at it while we're there, but I'm thinking it's a result of medication he'd taken for years for cholesterol. The side effects can be long lasting, and tough to manage. He's had so many problems with that medication, I don't know how they can justify keeping it on the maket.

Good luck with the cleaning. I've found once you create a place for everything, it stays nice. We've had to pare down lots to achieve that, but it was so worth it. pinky

Trusted Contributor

Jean That's a nice jacket.....I like th solid color and the printed trim.

Susan we are just having about 7-8 people so not bad....one of my sisters will stay for a few days after ,my son from Maine will too.

I hope your back doesn't start to act up again Pinky especially around this busy time of year.    Hopefully one of my kids will bring up all my Christmas decos before he goes home..he usually puts all the bins ,containers  etc in the living room...I have a lot and usually the floor is covered with them.....then at least they are brought up and I can do as much or as little I want during the coming days, at least they are there when I want them.

We're having left over chicken Parma and spaghetti tonight so an easy fix here.

Have a nice night everyone......oh loved all your pix's Kathleen....I think tonight  is the Marine ball so have a wonderful time!!        Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Well, for the first time I've had to get a jacket out today; hopefully someone will be able to repair my air ducts this week, but for the moment I'm OK with a short robe over fleece PJs and a space heater.

I helped out with getting boxes packed for Operation Christmas Child earlier today; it's a nice bunch of people at that church who do that, and I'm planning to go again tomorrow, which is the last collection day.  Some of the boxes were so sad; some only half full, and one that I checked had only some packets of tissues, wet wipes, and a hairbrush. I can't imagine what the person who packed that one was thinking.  Cat Sad  The lady who runs the ministry at that church did say that many companies donate items that are used for "fillers," so that poor little girl will hopefully get something nice.  A member of the church made 1,000 pillowcase dresses that she donated, and they too will be used as fillers at the main processing center.

Well, thanks, Jean - you reminded me that I have a Dennis Basso 3/4 length reversible coat (navy to faux fur) that I've never worn. I think I'm going to sell some of my unused jackets and purses; I have more than I need and can use the money. (I'll keep that one, though.)

Pinky, I'm with you on hating hunting...those deer are such gorgeous, majestic creatures.  Cat Sad

Sorry you're not feeling better, LindaL; take lots and lots of Vitamin D3 - it builds up your immune system, and you can't OD on it - your body excretes what it doesn't need.

Susan, I was shocked at how dirty the dining room rug was as well, especially considering that it's pretty much under the table, so it doesn't get walked on. The first two times I did it, the water came up black; the third time it was just a dirty grey.

Well, nothing special is planned for the rest of the week; thankfully I don't have to do any shopping - I wouldn't want to brave the crowds in the stores.

Hi to everyone - Have a blessed evening!

Honored Contributor

We had a couple of inches here in the Desert Southwest last week but I'd just love to have more.  Hope El Nino brings some for Christmas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment