Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 22nd

Hello all,

I've been staring at the snow since I awoke around 7:15 this morning.  Everything looks enchanted, dusted with snow.  The driveway and sidewalks don't look bad at all.  I may need to scrape them a little and toss some rocksalt, but I don't see back pain in my immediate future.

I suppose I should get my hat and coat on and get the grocery shopping out of the way.  Joyful, joyful (not really, lol)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 22nd

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all,

I've been staring at the snow since I awoke around 7:15 this morning.  Everything looks enchanted, dusted with snow.  The driveway and sidewalks don't look bad at all.  I may need to scrape them a little and toss some rocksalt, but I don't see back pain in my immediate future.

I suppose I should get my hat and coat on and get the grocery shopping out of the way.  Joyful, joyful (not really, lol)

Haven't checked my alley yet,, so don't know if I can get out, hopefully DS came last nite to plow.  Can't put the salt down because of Sadie, but I'll wear my Yak-Trax lol

Be careful out there

Honored Contributor

Good morning all, hope everyone is feeling better today. Thanks for starting us off today birdmama. Most of our snow is gone, but it is below the freezing mark out there today. I did a big shopping trip earlier this week, and took care of a few errands yesterday, so I'm good to stay home today. Got my dining room put back together this morning, now to move half the living room furniture and work on that carpeting, can only do half at a time due to space issues. Hope to finish the living room completely on Monday. Wish it didn't take so long but that is the routine I've worked out since living here.
Such excitement...I know, lol. Waves.....
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I have seen rumors of Momma Nature's dandruff circulating in the air, but I haven't looked out to see if it is here or just on the ridge. I do hope you don't have much accumulation.

Spix--I  have some YakTrax tucked away. I guess it is time to face reality and get the winter stuff out.

Snicks--Great progress on the carpet shampooing. It would be much easier if the furniture didn't have to be moved.

I had a burst of energy this morning, so I've been having fun going through paperwork, etc. and determining what can go. I did order the December Dennis Basso TSV coat. I know the people over on the WEN forum are excited about the December TSV (It is a great deal) but I am well-stocked.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....sun was out earlier but now it's cloudy...no snow in our forecast...but I am sure that will be coming soon.  I do remember in past years we would have snow on the ground on Thanksgiving.  I keep my yak tract thingies on a pair of old slip on shoes so when I go down for the mail I stay upright....years ago I did fall and wound up with a broken wrist, so I am extra careful now.

Good luck at the store Bernie....I am sure it's going to be mobbed.  I will be running over there early tomorrow morning to pick up my final few things.

Sounds like your rug came out great Snicks hoping the other half will too.

I don't get the insider Jean so haven't seen the DB coat....not sure you mentioned the color .

I did order the s/v yesterday....both my DD and one of my sisters love the Falling in Love scent so that's for tnem.....not sure who will get what size....I'm thinking my sister uses more of the profuct than my DD would...so she may get the bigger size.

Not much else....some laundry is going now and may do some vacuuming in dining and living room  to get that out of the way for Thanksgiving .

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The DB coat comes in black, charcoal, chocolate, midnight blue, and snow ivory. The black and blue reverse to a solid faux fur whereas the others reverse to a print.. I got the chocolate. I'll not wear the animal side out but do like the accent.

DB.JPGDB!.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope the snow doesn't cause any problems for those who are having it.  I'm so not a snow fan, but I know it can be beautiful and bring joy to others.  I do enjoy snow globes and pictures of snow, but other aspects of snow (like driving in it or being "snowed in") not so much.   I think part of the problem is that when I was a kid my Dad made extra money by plowing the runways at what is now Reagan National Airport.  Mom didn't drive and wasn't much of a cook.  So, when Dad was away, we were pretty much stuck.

Waves to spix, snicks, Marijane, Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Susan, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I am sorry to say that my cold is no better.  I felt a little better yesterday evening, but this morning has not been fun.  I didn't shake hands with anyone at church for fear that I'd give them the cold.  I'm sipping on peppermint tea now to try to help with my throat.  I'm not sneezing much, but I'm taking cold medicine so that may be helping.  I rarely get colds, and I hope this one goes away very soon.

Depending on how I feel, I may go to the gym today.  We clean off the machines after each use, so I don't fear spreading the germs.  We had the turkey breast for dinner, and DH seemed to love the baked sweet potatoes/yams.  That was new -- he even asked for second helpings on the potatoes.  Usually, he is a big fan of the cranberry sauce, which he ate, but not as much as I expected.  I didn't get around to making the pumpkin pie I wanted to make, but maybe I'll do that today or tomorrow.  I'll be making pecan for the church Thanksgiving luncheon.  

That coat you ordered looks great, Jean.  Hope you like it when it arrives.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Nice reversible jacket Jean (thumbs up).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today, we had a couple snow flurries,but the sun is out now.  Hope you get your grocery shopping done.

Snicks -  Glad you got the diningroom done, and the livingroom.  We did our diningroom last month, it was suprising how bad the floor was.

Jean -  Like the coat, enjoy wearing it. 

Marijane -  It is good to get some of the cleaning out of the way now, then you feel less rushed on Thanksgiving.   How many people are coming for dinner?

LindaL - Sorry you aren't feeling well, my cold lasted a good 4 days, I still have a stuffed head, it just won't go away.  Hope you are feeling well soon.

Not much going on here, DH pulled a muscle in his back, he has been living on muscle relaxents since Thursday.  He has a doctor's appt. for Monday for his knee (of course it is not bothering him now) so he can see the dr. about his back now.  Starting tomorrow I need to start cleaning again, I have these piles of "stuff" everywhere, time to declutter again.  I am determined to get some control of ths before the begining of the year. 

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Valued Contributor

Hi Gals! Bernie, Thanks for starting the thread. I hope your roads were good for you to do your shopping. It's still in the upper forties,, maybe 50 degrees here, so no snow in sight. YES!!!!   Sorry, Sweetie... lol

Jean, Very pretty coat. Wear it in good health. I hope you were spared snow so far.

Genny, I was a Falling in Love user for a long time. The scent seems too strong for me at times now, so I've been using Dove. I'll put Pure Grace on my Christmas list as that's another one I love. Maybe DS wil buy it for me for Christmas. He has no clue what to get for us, so I'm writing him a list of options. Should save him a lot of stress this time.

Snicks, I have cleaning to get done here too, but I had a bad back day yesterday where I actually  couldn't even stand up straight until after suppertime. My PT stretches helped tremendously, but I want to be extra careful with the holiday, and Christmas decorating coming up this week.

We have the VA tomorrow, so I'm not sure what I'll get done when we get home. The turkey breasts are thawing in the fridge, and Wednesday I'll do the stuffing and heat it in the warmer on Thursday. The family is really looking forward to the holiday, so I hope everything measures up to what they're thinking! lol

Linda, Hope you're about finished with your cold, and that the church luncheon is really nice. I like pecan pie, but never attempted to bake one. We're having a food drive at our church, so I have to pack up the things I pulled out to donate and drop them off. There are so many drives and charities, but this time of year, they seem to really explode. They'll be having their annual spaghetti supper next weekend t the church hall, which I really look forward to. With so many people in from out of town for hunting, they always have a great crowd. If I can, I'll bake something to contribute to their dessert tables. I'm thinking Anise cookies, but baked with vanilla, as not everyone likes the licorice flavoring.

I'm glad there are so few hunters near us. I hate the idea of it, though I'm sure it's necessary. I hope so... We've seen so many deer this fall enjoying all of the additional apples that grew on all of the trees. It's sad that hunting means maybe some of them won't be here again. 

I'd better figure out something for supper soon. DH's having pizza from last night, one of his favorite foods. I can make a quinoa salad that I got at Sam's, as long as I get it cooking soon. It's the dried grains, and comes with cranberries, almonds, and some addtional flavorings. It's very good, and is supposed to be served cold, but I want to try it warm this time. Better get movin'. pinky