Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 15th

Praying for you twinny.  I'm sure you are feeling overwhelmed, but please try to take it as slow and easy as possible.  Really hope your Mom does well in the home you find for her.  I was just reading that it often takes a few months for people to become acclimated to the change -- both the patient and the caregiver.  Many hugs and good thoughts.

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Where does the time go?  I just got in from raking up the leaves; I had intended to just get the porch cleared off today, but once I got started I ended up doing the driveway as well. One of these days I'll do a final grass cutting which will mulch up the leaves in the front yard.  I had planned to getting the car windows cleaned today as well, and maybe the car washed, but it gets dark so early...I only got the leaves done because of the porch and driveway lights.

It's been chilly at night, but not bad during the day.  I do have to get the air ducts repaired in the next week or two; if I don't hear from the pool guy this week I'm thinking of asking at the church where I help with the Christmas Child boxes if they have someone who does maintenance there and is looking to make some side money for Christmas. I'd expect that with three kids and another on the way, the pool guy would be happy to make some cash, but people these days are so unreliable.

I think the only James Bond movie I ever saw was "Skyfall."  I guess if the new one comes to the cheapie theater I'll see it; I just realized I haven't been to a movie since January.

Oh, the  Honolulu Cookie Company - love them!  I had gotten an order a couple of years ago, and apart from the Kona coffee ones (the only "coffee flavored" thing I like is coffee) they were wonderful.  Maybe I'll get myself some after Christmas when finances improve. 

Hope your sleep study goes well, Jean. I've been blessed with good skin so I never wore foundation; these days I just do a dusting of loose powder, some blush, lipstick, and - if it's a special occasion - some mascara. 

LindaL and twinny...praying for you. (((hugs)))

Well, dinner is about ready.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed evening!

Respected Contributor

LindaL: and Twinny. Hugs and prayers. You both are dealing with a lot.

Yesterday I jouned some friends to go to some bazaars. I only bought a few small items but it was nice to be out and about. Last stop was Amy's Ice Cream---Kathleen know about Amys!!!

Another friend's husband received a cancer dx. Has begun chemo. We hope to meet in the next few weeks. She lives in another town opposite of me.

Came home from church and decided I was really tired. Took a nap. Felt really good. We are planning our Christmas event for church. I had planned to let someone else do the work but it seems like the usual few folks!! I really like the other two ladies so I will do my part.