Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 1

Good Morning,

The sun is shining brightly and it's breezy in my part of the world.  I'm watching the leaves fall off of the tree in the front yard. 

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, November 1

Good morning bird, and to everyone else as well. Thanks for starting us off on this sunshin-y morning. cool here, but should be warming up nicely later today. I still have leaves falling also. I am hoping that the leaves already on the ground dry up quickly from yesterday's drizzle so I can get them raked up for the 3rd time, lol. Hoping everyone has a really nice day. Waves....
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I ordered a new pair of black boots last night, Lucky Brand (Boomer).  Amazon was offering 20% off, plus I redeemed the Amazon coupon that I selected when I turned in my pennies at the Soinstar a while back.  Got them for just under $100. 

I don't have Prime and qualified for free shipping so we'll see how long it takes for them to arrive.  I ordered 2 things from Amazon on Wednesday, the 28th and I'm still waiting for them to move forward in some kind of direction other than 'preparing for shipment'.

Valued Contributor

Good Morning Bernie,snicks, and everyone who posts later!

I got back from mass a little while ago, and will have the day pretty much open. DS will be over for supper later, but I got ready what I could yesterday so it will be easy today.

It's grey outside, and in the upper forties. I wore some of my new clothes this morning, and was very comfortable both in how they fit, and also that they were warm enough not to need a coat. I had the black fleece jacket on over the black turtleneck with dark denim, and will surely be wearing that combination again.

I've not felt good for days, so I haven't posted too much. I've been in a flare for some tme now, and it is really starting to get to me. (Crohn's) I tend to pull away from people, and turn inward when I feel like this, I'm not sure how healthy it is, but it's what I've always done. Add in a cold, plus allergies to the mix and it can feel like a lot.... Sorry to be so whiny, but I don't want anyone to think I've just forgotten everyone. It seemed better to explain being around less often.

We're way too far out in the woods for trick or treaters, so it was very quiet last night. Mink has been in full cuddle mode the past few days, and it's such a blessing to snuggle with him, as our other kitties are not very interested in being held for long. Happy Sunday to all!  pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad you have some sun; it is dreary and overcast with more rain in the forecast. Enjoy the new boots. Amazon has always been fast for me as long as it was in stock with Amazon and not with one of their sellers that ships directly from the seller.

Snicks--Raking leaves never seems to stop; perhaps that  is why my neighbor doesn't rake them. I have no trees that shed so all my leaf collection is from his trees.

Pinky--Sorry that you are not feeling well. I have a great niece whose husband has Chron's so it is a challenge to those having it. Your outfit sounds very nice.

I'm making some progress. I have the clothes pulled out for the trip. I could easily buy the TSV as I haven't slept well with pain for the past three nights.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, has your sleep been disturbed from the excitement over the trip or are your legs bothering you?  If this is too personal, no need to reply to me in this forum.  When I have a couple of nights of broken sleep and I'm dead on my feet, yet I know 'tomorrow' I need to be somewhere at a particular time, I tend to have yet another rotten night's sleep out of fear of oversleeping.  Does this make sense?  Maybe you will be able to get some shut eye on the plane.  I've never fallen asleep on a plane, then again, I've never been on a flight that takes as many hours.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies....cool and rainy day here although they say it is going to clear up....the week coming looks to be in the high 60's which is very unusual for here.  a lot of our leaves are down but a lot more yo come.

What kind of boots did you get Bernie...I received my 2 pairs from Macy's Friday and they are keepers....I see Macy's is still having their shoe /boots sale going on.

Hope your feeling better Pinky,and have a wonderful dinner with your son.  your Minky sounds like a nice companion to have around.

Jean wonder if Midnight is starting to wonder if something is up?  I love Hawaii but I wish it was much closer,the trip is a killer!  Have a great time.

Not much doing today, I'm watching the NYC marathon....my DD has run in it a few times but not in the past 3yrs...on her last run she came in under 4hours,her goal all along, and has hung up her sneakers!   She said all you do is eat,sleep etc running and she is getting toold for that...she still runs in different races but shorter ones.   wE used to like going into the city and  root her on.

Not one kid came last night trick or treating....we do have a long driveway but they have come in past years so don't know what happened. Oh well....

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Marijane, I bought these

Product Details

Which boots did you purchase?

Trusted Contributor

Bernie those are nice..I checked on Macy's they are not on sale...$139.00

Esteemed Contributor

BIRD MAMA, The leaves on our 2 red maples are starting to drop their leaves., but there are still lots of them on the trees.  DH likes to rake/blow them to the curb for pickup.  Getting back to curing black walnuts, DH tried that when we were first married.  His folks had plenty around their place.  I remember him putting them on wooden planks & drying them out that way all winter.  When he tried to actually harvest them, they were all rotten inside.  Our neighbors have a huge walnut tree with few walnuts on it this year.  I say let the squirrels enjoy them.  Have fun with your new boots.  I usually start wearing boots in Oct. but this year it has been too warm yet.  SNICKS,  It sounds like you still have lots of leaves to take care of.  It was rainy & cool here yesterday, but today it is sunny & should be in the 60's.  PINKY ANN, I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling poorly for a while.  Allergies & colds don't help either.  I woke up yesterday with a cold but feel about 90% better today already.  Coricidin HBP, SF cough syrup, a bottle of vicks & some hot Lemon to drink are my best friends.  JEAN, I hope that you have a fabulous trip.  I have so much fun packing my bag that I usually start a week ahead of time.  DH is at church & will stay for the potluck afterwards so I will fix something simple for my self.  No phone calls from mom's rehab facility so that is already good news to me.  DH said that when he visited her yesterday she asked him if I got a call about her fall & he said that I got 2 calls.  She doesn't remember the 2nd fall. Apparently they cannot restrain a patient so the patient can get up & fall whenever they want to. Today I will be lazy as window washing at our house starts tomorrow.  They are all ones that I can do inside of the house except for the kitchen sink crank out one which DH does & the picture window.  I hold the ladder on this one so that DH doesn't break his neck.  Hugs to all of you.