Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, March 25th)

Good Morning, I'm enjoying my coffee with NCIS Los Angeles playing in the background (ION tv).  The sun is shining and it's 26 degrees outside.  There is no snow on the ground, so I am not complaining about the temperature Woman Wink

Nothing exciting on my agenda today.  I wish it would warm up enough for me to start my lawnmower.  I should have called the maintenance guy at the end of mowing season last year.  I did not and left some gas in the tank so before I call him to come get the machine and sharpen the blade and change the oil and spark plug, I want to make sure I fire it up and run the gas out, lol. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, March 25th)

Hello Ladies..thanks for starting Bernie....it's getting down to the wire for you...seems not too long ago you had told us you had put your papers in about retirement in March and I thought wow that's far away....now it's here!    it was sunny here this morning but now has clouded up and pretty chilly too....not springtime for sure.  I am waiting to see my first Robin..I am sure they are here but not in my backyard yet.

Not much going on the past week...I was happy that we didn't receive the 18 inches of snow that everyone was predicting....just a little over 6....but I have my fingers crossed thst this is it.   I have been putting some clothes away as they come out of the dryer hoping I will not have to go digging thru them if it gets cold again.

That's about all from here.......  have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Bernie, Marijane, and everyone who visits us today.  Our weather has been alternating between sunny and cloudy, but it's not anywhere near snowing.  We did get one good steady day of rain, but nothing like the flooding that had been predicted.  Better safe than sorry I guess.

I was felled the past day and a half by a migraine.  Ugh.  I think I need to do more about my allergies and sinus issues which can trigger them.  I did get caught up on some reading which was nice.  I am playing hookie from church this morning, and the only thing I'm planning to work on is a deep cleaning of my bedroom.

Bernie - we mow our lawn all year-round, so there's no long-term storage to speak of.  That's one of the fun things to read about on these threads - it makes you think about what it's like to live in a different part of our country.

Sure hope that Jean is having a wonderful time in London!  Wishing her and all of you a wonderful day  ~  Charlene

Edited to add: I think that someone besides me on our thread owns the Susan Graver top A239300.  It's on clearance now.  She offered the same top before in different colors of a paisley print, also a long-sleeved top in solid colors.  I'm really hoping that she will bring this top back in all-new prints, because it's my favorite top ever!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Wow, only four more days -- congratulations.  I have the feeling you are really going to enjoy retirement.  The stereo/sound system you ordered looks nice.  My ex and I had a fairly elaborate system like you and your late husband had, but that has been replaced with a Bose radio with CD like twinny has.  Sounds cold there to me, but I know you are more of a fan of cool/cold weather than me.

Hi Marijane.  Glad the snow was less than predicted.  And, I hope that is it for your area this year.  I'm sure you will enjoy spring when it arrives.

Hi Charlene.  Sorry you have been suffering from migraines again.  My doctor told me that other headaches can lead to migraines -- not fun. Thank goodness I have not had a migraine for quite a few years.   I have one of those tops you like so much -- purchased from eBay.  I am trying not to purchase clothing at this point, but I did put another one on my "wish list".  Like you, I hope Jean is having lots of fun in London.

It is less windy today, but should be cooler, and cooler still until Thursday.  We are going from way above normal to below normal and back to warmer than normal later in the week.  But, it should not get below 40 at night.

I have two spring Linea jackets that I like to wear for Easter time.  And, I was thinking of saving the hot pink one for Easter, but they are predicting hot weather for Easter, so I wore it today.  I used to wear skirts all the time when I was working, and later when I went to church, etc.  However, I rarely do so these days (at least in the cooler weather).  But, I decided to wear one today.  The black shoes I planned to wear looked pretty bad (out-of-fashion completely), but I did not have time to change the outfit.  Came home, and tossed the shoes.  Then I discovered a pair of black pumps that were in my overflow shoe collection.  Yikes!  I really need to go through my shoes again and keep only those that I'll be wearing.

The call blocker I ordered came yesterday afternoon, and wouldn't you know that I haven't received one call since I installed it.  I'm sure that will change, but...... 

I'm off to the gym now, and I'll visit DH later.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda