Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, March 14th)

Hello all,

Jean @KonaKat I'm sorry to read that you have TMJ.  When I went for my periodic cleaning on Thursday the dentist did the usual - put her hands on each side of my jaw joint - and asked me to open my mouth and then move my bottom jaw left to right.  She asked it if hurt.  After decades of her doing this to me I finally asked her if something felt odd to her.  She said, no, I wondered if it hurt.  Woman Frustrated

It warmed up during the past week and all of the snow in my backyard finally melted.  It's been really windy so I haven't been that excited to be outside.  The lawnmower repair man swung by on Friday night and picked up my mower to do the annual maintenance.

I received the L'Artist sandals from DSW this week.  

Painted Wedge | Shop the world's largest collection of fashion | ShopStyle

It's a cute shoe.  The strap closest to the toe edge of the shoe uses a real buckle and had an extra hole which I needed to use.  The next two straps after that also uses a real buckle.  Those didn't have extra holes but I have a leather punch and corrected that.  The final two straps use velcro which bummed me out.  I couldn't tell that they were velcro but it is what it is.  The back strap is also velcro and I have a narrow heels so that was a hoot to get the fit right.

It could be the specific style of this shoe (mimics birkenstocks), I found it to be on the wide side.  Would I order another shoe from the Spring Step L'artiste brand?  Maybe, if velcro is not involved and there are actual straps and buckles.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, March 14th)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Those are cute sandals, but I can certainly relate to having issues due to narrow feet and heels.  With regular shoes, I often used heel inserts, but that doesn't work for sandals.  I'm not a fan of cool/cold wind either, and we have had some lately.  Hope it will be okay this afternoon when I take my walk.

I have to admit that I watched some of the garden programs yesterday, and I was very tempted by M71917 -- hens and chicks.  Still haven't ordered since I thought I would check out the local nursery to see if they had something similar.  Trying to help local businesses if possible.

Church with the Zoom breaks was good again this morning, and I have my apple dessert cooking in the crockpot.  I did an exercise DVD earlier.  Need to do some cleaning and a little ironing later.

I don't remember my dentist checking my jaw, but I am aware of jaw issues since that can be a side effect of Prolia.  Really hope that doesn't happen.  Jean said she had taken some prescription ibuprofen and was taking antibiotics.  She is very tired.  Hopefully, she will be better soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, March 14th)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  I like your sandals, hope you get to wear them this summer.  Glad your lawnmower is ready to go.  We are also having strong winds, I have no idea where all this wind had come from for the last couple years.  I don't remember having this much wind all the time.  

Linda -  Glad church was good for you today.  Like you, I am trying to buy my flowers and shrubs locally.   I really have been trying to buy everything locally and from the smaller business.  Enjoy your walk today.

Jean - Hope you are feeling better today. 

Not much happening here, I did start a new jigsaw puzzle today.  Puzzles have been my goto thru the pandemic.  I need to start thinking about getting supper ready.  We are having vegetarian soup and rolls.  Hope everyone has a great evening.