Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, June 6th)

Hello all, It's sunny and hot, hot, hot here.  There's a breeze so for those who like this kind of weather, I imagine it's not too bad.  I just saw the guy across the street cut the grass.  Whoo, more power to him.  I bought a small kiddie pool for the wildlife and I put it in the yard today.  I'll see if I get any takers Woman Very Happy  I made sure that I have it on a slope so there is a shallow end and deep end.  I'm trying to help and not drown anything.

How are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, June 6th)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is hot here as well, but that is to be expected in Arizona.  I sure would not want to spend time mowing the lawn (if I had one) in this weather.  Hope you get some takers for your pool.  I know several people who have them for their dogs who love them, so maybe the wildlife will enjoy it.

Today, I went to church indoors for the first time since March of last year.  It was nice -- AC on, but not freezing.  The chairs were well-spaced, everyone wore masks, you signed up in advance, and they took your temperature.  I was surprised at the communion.  They provided us with a small plastic two sided "cup" -- one side with a tiny piece of flat bread, and the other with a small amount of grape juice (I think it was juice rather than wine).  It was a clever idea, which I guess must be used in other churches.

It was okay on my early morning walk, and I did an exercise DVD after church -- that was sweaty, but not too bad.

I have a Walmart pick-up this afternoon and a few things to do around the house.  After a great deal of thought, I have decided to donate my George Foreman grill.  I haven't used it in ages, and the kitchen cabinets are pretty full. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

That really is a fantastic way to safely administer communion @LindaLatte  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  It was very warm here today, I did my lawn work this evening, but ended up finishing early.  The older I get the more I hate heat and humidity.  I hope the wildlife takes advantage of your pool.  I would like to do that hear, but my dog would hunt them down.  She does dislike Robins for some reason.

Linda - Glad to hear you made it to church.  I hope you picked up your Walmart order today.  Sorry to hear you donated the grill.  My mother has one and she does like to use it.  She no longer has a gas grill and feels safer using the George Forman.  

Not much exciting is happening here, I am still wearing my mask in crowds, but has left it off in stores that only have small crowds in it.  I am waiting a while longer before we try any day trips.  

Not much else going on here, hope everyone is staying safe and having a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading your posts and trying to hang in there, but it's been rough & hot since Friday and no relief in sight all next week.

My bf's dh's funeral was yesterday.  It was a difficult day for all of us.  I don't know if I told you or not, but the autopsy results showed an enlarged heart and he died in the night from a massive heart attack without any suffering.  I am hoping to have a She Day with just the two of us whenever she wants to get together.  Right now  she has a full plate.

We went to our nieces graduation party this afternoon.  It was an unorganized mess and the grandmother  (my nieces mom's mom wasn't happy).  It was a much smaller party than her three older brothers had because of the Pandemic.  

Our 2nd dgs graduated with honors last night from HS.  It was outdoors & hot so I am glad that we couldn't go. I just picked up 4 very nice 4" x 6" prints from Walgreens &  they are in frames.  I love having photos to walk by & smile at.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda