Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, June 26th

My trip isn't for another month, but I am sure looking forward to it.  

Respected Contributor

Hi girls,

It's another hot day; I got the pool set up yesterday and it's been taking quite a while to fill. At one point I went out to check it and saw that water was pouring out of the filter so I shut it off, as it was dark out; if I can't figure out what's wrong I'll have to wait until tomorrow and call the company to see what to do. Nothing is simple, is it?  Meanwhile, I guess this is going to be pretty much a stay-at-home day - I have no need to go anywhere.  I'm becoming pretty much of a hermit myself.

Love your pic, meallen - that dog looks a little like my Angelica.

LindaL, I'm so sorry to hear about the messes; I continue to pray for you. I know what you mean when you say the computer "may or may not be relaxing." There are some things I enjoy, but what with all the annoying ads, the click bait, the nasty people on FB, the problems with Firefox (and as bad as it is, it's better than Chrome), well...the Kindle looks more and more appealing! I don't just read on it; I use it as my radio, and there are a few games I find relaxing. Go - relax - you deserve it!

Butterfly, i need to catch up on housework as well; maybe when my classes end a week from Friday...  I don't mind doing laundry, but taking things out of the dryer, having to fold them, and put them away is annoying...but then I remind myself how it wasn't so terribly long ago that women did all their washing by hand, had to put things outside to dry (even in the freezing cold), and it was an all-day job. That stops my complaining. Cat Happy

Essie, it's nice to hear that some places still celebrate America's birthday, especially these days. Cat Frustrated

Bird, so whatever happened with the "alleged shooting" last week?  Did you ever find out?

I have one more homework assignment to get to; I guess I'll do that now and get it over with. I'm thinking the dogs didn't get to go anywhere yesterday, so maybe I'll take them to Walmart when the sun goes down and it's not so hot - they're out of ice cream, which is their favorite treat.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Very hot weather here today!!  I have decided to stay indoors other than my short walks to let our dog do her business. 

Today is kind of a sad day, we found out this am that one of our neigbors passed away.  He was such a great man, one of those types of people that was always pleasant and never said a bad word about anyone, he will be missed. 

We have 2 more days of masterbath remodel then they "should" be done.  The tile work looks excellent, I can't find one bad thing to say about the job quality or the workers.  The funny thing (and LInda, I thought about you when your were talking about your clothing donationns) is that I don't have access to my closet because of the work.  Bottom line, I am living in shorts or workout clothes basically the stuff in my dresser drawers.  I haven't even missed the closet stuff much.  I has lead me to believe that I can further donate etc. just to have some more room. 

Well, I am watching some "chick flicks" on the Hallmark channel.  The plots are simple and just what I need right now.  I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. 

Gayle

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

I never heard another word about the guy with the gun.  As far as I know he didn't shoot anyone.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Well, other than the trip for some groceries and other supplies, I have gotten nothing constructive done today. Spent time in the pool until it clouded up. Even got the little dog in for a few minutes, she so funny. Most things that other dogs love, she doesn't like, such as swimming, riding in a car, etc. But we came in, took showers and I made a quick bite to eat, now plunked down in the recliner. No inclination to do anything else. In all honesty...my kind of Sunday, lol. Hope everyone had 'their' kind of day.
"To each their own, in all things".