Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, June 11th

@Julie928  Hi Julie, I have a birdhouse that hangs from the soffitt of the garage over the patio.  I don't get the same view you have, however I look forward to hearing the first sparrow chirps once breeding season starts.  And when the babies poke their little 'joker' mouths out for food, I get so excited.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it was near 90° yesterday & hotter all week.  We have our windows open first thing in the morning & at night after we turn A/C off.  Then we sleep in the guest bedroom in our bedroom.  It is extra cool & dark.  A/C is my best friend right now.

Julie92, welcome to this board.  Weather this hot keeps me inside after lunch.  I usually take a nice nap.

Jean, I am glad that you got a good nights sleep.   I am enjoying the 2 new pairs of shorts that I bought a few weeks ago at Kohl's.  They are nice enough that when it is this hot, I wear them out & about.

CERB, I think that is the same stuff that I sprayed on our tomato plants.  Right now I am not going to use it again.  The tomato plants are really thriving in this hot humid weather.  I am wishing your DD good luck in her job search with decent wages.  So sad about your DH's former co worker.  Hopefully he will turn his life around.

Linda L. I think that our weather is hotter than yours right now.  There is a good breeze, but too hot to enjoy it.  I will enjoy being indoors most of the week.  I am just glad for A/C.  

I am having another lazy day.  I need to start washing windows tomorrow.   I can do all of them from inside, so not a big job.  We did the picture window last week.  That one takes two of us.  I hold the ladder so that my DH doesn't fall off of the ladder.

Our eldest dgs Christopher has all 4 of his Wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow.  Prayer's for a nice recovery, because he starts his summer job next week.  I think that I am more scared than he is.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I see Kohls in my future this week as I have a 30% off coupon. I haven't bought anything there for some time as I haven't needed anything or I didn't have the time to go. 

The last big purchse I made there was when they had their memory foam mattress toppers on sale at 50% off. I had looked at them the prior week but wasn't williing to pay the full price. What materializes the next week? 50% off the toppers plus I had a 30% off coupon. Both made for a winning purchase. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Well I have 4 pairs of pants, 1 tank, 1 dress, 2 handbags and 1 wristlet to donate.  I pitched one blouse, 2 pairs of pants.  I found 2 pair of summer weight pants that can go into rotation for work.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise