Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, July 9)

Linda @LindaLatte   Glad the colonoscopy is behind you.  The first one I had at age 44 in 2008 (a month before I turned 45).  GI doctor knew I digested food like a snake (took a long time).  To be honest I tried to help myself by not eating much the day before the prep.  I was supposed to start to take the prep at noon.  I'm thinking how much could there be in my digestive tract?  This should be quick.  I learned the digestive tract is a lot longer than I gave it credit for being.  I chugged that "Go Lightly" like it was going out of style - figured I would down most of it down right away (instead of pacing myself) and then buckle up for the ride.

Imagine my disappointment when nothing happened for like hours.  That's how I got the oven installed - I was gonna wait but I got bored and it was unboxed on a chair near the cabinetry and I thought well, might as well do something constructive.  Honestly the oven was in and tested for gas leaks before Ithe first churn and rumble.  Then all I did was sit in the bathroom, like all afternoon, evening and night long.  I was a basket case early the next morning because I was still going.  I remember apologizing to the doctor and nurses saying I'm afraid I'm gonna have an accident when I'm knocked out.

I had the next one in 2016. Same directions.  I said yeah I don't think so and started drinking the Go Lightly at like 9 am.  I was lifeless by the time I checked in for the test the next morning but at least I wasn't worried about having an accident.

I was supposed to go for one in 2021.  There was no way that I was going to a hospital during the height of covid-19.  I really need to make an appointment with the GI guy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you can relate to my experience, Bernie.  I was a bit worried about having an accident myself.  Live and learn.  You were much better in finding something to pass the time than I was, but at least I did get some decluttering done. 

Esteemed Contributor

I heard from Jean this morning.  Her stats from the check in yesterday were normal for her AFib.

"The broken bone in the neck is healing well but there will be some pain off and on as arthritis is my friend. May deal with pinched nerve off and on but unlikely to be continuous, just another nuisance. I was released. I was fine yesterday and also so far today. The severe pain has not returned. "

Sounds like pretty good news.

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I just did a quick glance at ours and they are up around $250 if you pay by the early date. (I always do because why pay more the next month) Considering the increase in the property values I thought that was conservative from the articles that I was reading on the township website. Now I'm in the "where am I going to pull this $$ from before the first due date? Since everything is up in cost I'm going to have to tweak the budget again.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Sorry to hear that your procedure was challenging. So disappointing. 

It's always sad when a couple ends an engagement but better that than a marraige mistake. Better to find out before than after that the "fit" is off. Sounds like he made the best decision for his future.