Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday July 11th)

Hello all, it's in the upper 60's in my part of the world and it's been raining gently on and off all day.  I did the grocery shopping late this morning and managed to get in and out - even using a cashier.  Meijer's is back to 'card only' at the U-scans because they have a coin shortage again.  Since I wanted to pay cash, I went through the cashier line.  I thought about placing a JCP order today and even though I only had a couple of items in my cart, I realized I really didn't need them.  

How is your Sunday going?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday July 11th)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad your weather is okay, and you were able to get in and out of the grocery store with no problem.  Good for you with resisting the shopping impulse.  That really calls out to me often, unfortunately.  No sense to add to all the clothing I already have.  

As I just mentioned on the other thread, I had quite an experience yesterday evening.  It was hot, hot, hot all day, and suddenly the wind went crazy as did the sky (lots of dust flying in).  My first Haboob, and I hope my last.  According to one post on the neighborhood website, the wind got up to 66 miles an hour.  We lost power, but only for 10 minutes in my neighborhood.  Others were without power all night.  As far as I can tell, nothing bad happened to my house or yard, but I was very concerned about the skylight in the bathroom and decided to contact a roofer to inspect the roof (and skylight).  I had this done last October, but I'm not sure that they were the best roofing company.  This one was recommended by my plumber.

When I took my walk this morning, I saw a lot of destruction -- trees, large bushes, cactus, etc., etc. knocked down -- out of the soil.  Some in the roads.  Another neighbor told me that a large tree had fallen in the alley behind her house. 

My new office chair was supposed to arrive yesterday, but came this morning while I was at church.  I need to see if I can put it together (fingers crossed). 

My niece-in-law (late nephew's wife) is planning to arrive tomorrow afternoon, and need to get things arranged for her visit -- open the sofa bed, relocate my computer, etc., etc.  I want to buy a couple things from the grocery store before she comes, and I'll probably do that tomorrow morning.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  Hot here again with a high of 104 predicted.  Maybe some more thunderstorms, but hopefully nothing destructive.

Honored Contributor

Oooh Linda @LindaLatte   I didn't know what a Haboob was so I looked it up.  I can't imagine sustained winds over 60 mph - I get squirrely when I get wind gusts over 60 mph.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--- That sounds like a scary time. High winds will make me nervous. It's amazing how much damage they can do in such a short period of time. Good to get a second opinion on your skylight if you have doubts. I can never rest easy until I have a resolve to a situation. Glad you were okay.