Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday Jan 24th

Linda--I also wondered how DD did in the snowfall. I hope there were no complications such as lost power. It is good that you and DH could get out today. I know dealing with his health issues is a challenge but you are doing well at trying to maintain some normal activities for the both of you to share, as well as getting services for  him.

I was doing well with filling a bag until "The Birds" came on BBC America. I haven't seen that movie in years. Let's face it; it is more interesting than filling the bag.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, when we lived in our old house, we had those traverse rods too.   Now I have a fancy rod with nice panels &  matching tie back holders.  So much easier to wash.  I laughed when I read about how many times that you remeasured your window.  I did that with my calendar last night trying to figure out how to schedule my infusions for the next 8 months. We hope to take a few extended vacations & I still don't quite have the schedule straight yet.

Jean, so glad that you didn't lose your power.  Hopefully you will get a fun day out real soon.

SNICK's, your truck driving stories are interesting.  I would be just as worried as you are.

Rosa, have a fun time out in the 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Marijane, it is good that your snowstorm was less than expected.  Our DS called last night & said they just got a little snow.

Yesterday was a busy but fun day for us.  Ladies annual brunch/ planning meeting was nice.  We plan all the events for the year in just one meeting.  Then DH washed the Subaru as our travels this week got it all salted up.  Went to an 80th birthday party & ended the day with a visit to see mom.  She was much more cordial towards me.  

It is cloudy but mild with maybe light drizzle today  & a little snow tomorrow.  Very manageable.  We went to our church services today & had a nice lunch out.  I am one that enjoys eating out either by ourselves or with friends after a stressful week with mom's situation.  We just  got out of the hot tub & will visit with Mom real soon.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon all, weather here is good, might hit 50 by next week, wow, January thaw?? but it seems to me that some years ago this happened & then whammy, over a foot of snow, so we're not out of the woods yet

Did get out the AM, had to make a trip to one of the burbs, like doing it on a Sunday morn, less trucks to deal with, I'm such a wuss!

DD not here for supper, so I'll be doing leftovers, will make spaghetti sauce tomorrow as I got some good looking pork neck bones, makes a great sauce

Glad to hear all are doing well & getting dug out

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--It is a challenge scheduling vacations aroiund medical concerns and treatments. With prescription refills, it can be tricky as they will not refill early if the trip takes place just before the needed refill. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday if the weather cooperates. That will be my first day out to enjoy a meal out, etc. Enjoy the hot tub and the visit with your mother.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello friends, just checking in. I'm glad the sun is coming out for some of you. Snicks i love reading about DDs adventures! I went to the rescue group today and picked up 2 puppies. Omg it was a disaster for several reasons, too much to go into. So my friend that foster took them and I'm going to reevaluate. Tuesday morning will take them back and keep or return. I'm thinking an older dog will be better here. My dog was so upset with me and was very vocal about letting me know. Ha ha! That was the bulk of my day. Taking DH in tomorrow early for a minute medical procedure.