Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, Jan 14th

Good Morning Shopping Friends -

It's cold here but at least the sun is shining.  Today is the day everything Christmas comes down in my house. 

Well, I might leave up the Plow and Hearth snowman with mason jar and fairy lights just to run out the batteries.  It shouldn't take long since the timer function on that thing doesn't work.  I thought I was losing my mind until one day, I turned on the timer, wrote down on a notepad when I turned on the time and then checked back over 6 hours later and there it was - still lit up.

If I never put batteries in it again, it will still be fine - I decorate with snowmen and this one is a cutie.

I received my navy Oryany Kaley bag last night.  Beautiful color and I'm glad I bought it at the clearance price. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, Jan 14th

Hi everyone,

I just finished taking down all my Christmas also! Now it's time for the snowmen here too,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/292365-Good-Morning-Enjoy-Your-Day-God-Bless.gif

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, cold day here too about 18 and very windy but the sun is shining.    I have everything down except my wreaths I have on doors inside my house....they became petrified about 4 days after I hung them up and needles dropped every time you walked by.  I had read somewhere to mist them every few days I tried that but it lasted about 3 days then I forgot to do it.....maybe next year!

Not much else happening here, I was happy to see your DH DD had a chance to visit him Linda for a few days.  

Keep warm everyone ,have a nice day.     Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad you are having a sunny day; it will make taking down the decorations easier. Glad your clearance bag arrived and it is satisfactory, I know you had two others at the original cost and were happy with them.

meallen--Thanks for the cute graphic. Good jobon taking down the decorations.

Marijane--Let us enjoy the sun while we can. Sorry the hint on keeping the wreaths fresh didn't work but daily attention to something like that requires discipline when so many things are calling out to us.

It is sunny here also but cold. I can handle sunny and cold better than cripling snow and ice. I did 8 hours of exercise last week and am off to do an hour for today likely in two 30 minute sessions. Then I have to do odds and ends around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Got my hour of exercise in. Now watching a movie streamed from Amazon. I have not checked out the Q today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hi and Happy New Year.  I meant to stop by before Christmas, but I don't know where the time goes. I'm up and walking again - getting around pretty well - and my eBay store is back in business; I made Top Rated Seller! Cat Very Happy

I've been thinking about you, Bernie - how are the birds doing?  

One of my kitties, Clawd, went on home to the Lord while I was still immobile,  and Whisper - my favorite - just disappeared one day.  There was no way he could have gotten out of the house, but...he was here one evening, and the next day was gone.  I saw some kittens offered for adoption on Next Door, and Echo looks just like my Clawd, with that little half mustache, so I couldn't resist.  The woman asked if I could take another one a few days later, and I thought Echo would like to have a playmate his own size, so...enter Zipporah!  (Zippy - named for Moses' wife. Cat Wink )

Hope you all have a blessed day!  

Echo and Zippy.jpg

Honored Contributor

Ooh Jean @KonaKat  I forgot to tell you about my good fortune.  The first bag in Olive I paid full price for.  The second bag in Wine I paid full price and then the Q dropped the price in 30 days and I received a credit of over $80. 

Honored Contributor

Well Arlene @FunkyHulaGirl  Happy New Year.  Aren't you a sight for sore eyes.  I'm sorry that Clawd passed away and that Whisper disappeared.  Poppi, the eldest sparrow is now 12 1/2 and is slowing down.  Grayson the pigeon (now 9) and Presto the baby girl sparrow (now 4 1/2) are doing well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ebates has 10% at JCP so I wandered over to the site before I took the Christmas decor down.  I started with 17 possible items and then ended up with 7 items in my cart.  I kept looking at them and asking myself - do you really need any of these?  I never placed an order. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are happy with your new purse, and you were able to take down almost all of the Christmas decorations. 

Speaking of birds, one of my friends posted a picture of a large hawk sitting on her gate, and another said that he had been in her yard last week.  Then, I saw the same or very similar large hawk on my neighbors gate this morning.  Later I saw a little hummingbird on a bush not too far from DH's place.  I think I would have noticed these birds even if you didn't make me more aware, but knowing you has increased my interest.

Waves to meallan, Marijane, Jean, and all of our posters and readers.

Glad to see you posting Arlene.  Those kittens are very cute.  Glad eBay selling is going so well for you.

DH seems to be doing somewhat better, and I'm very glad his DD came for a visit.  While she was here, she called her brother who said he might try to come in the spring, and she urged him to come sooner, but who knows.  This morning, DH did a lot of smiling, which really warmed my heart.

I got her to the airport in plenty of time for her flight, and came home to go to the gym.  That went fine, except for it pushed lunch until late, and I was pretty hungry.  I have lots to do -- weekly financial review, ironing, etc., so I'm trying to pace myself a bit.

Good for you with your exercising, Jean.  

Our weather is nice, but it is pretty cool in the morning.  I had a dream/nightmare that woke me up -- I was cold in the dream, and it was cold in the house when I woke up.  Pretty funny.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda