Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, Dec. 26th)

Hello all, another Christmas is in the books and if you celebrate the day I hope you had a good one.  We had milder (40's) temps and rain on Christmas Day and even though it's colder today the sun is shining and that's always a mood booster for my flock and the outdoor wildlife that visits my yard.

I'm getting ready to take some leftovers out of the oven - meatloaf, cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole.  I don't eat big meals often so once I polish that off I will good until tomorrow morning. lol.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, Dec. 26th)

[ Edited ]

Trying not to shop @Bird mama ... Merry Christmas

eta... also trying not eat  leftovers  why does it taste so much better a day later

Respected Contributor

Happy Day after ChristmAs. Ours was fun...the 16 year old scored a lot of stuff. The highlight was a Coach purse. Now I am getting Dh and ds ready to head tonAz tomorrow.

We may have a few inches of snow overnight so the driving could be tricky for a while. But they are good snow drivers.

Hope everyone has a good day.🌵🌵🤗

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello!  Meatloaf sounds so yummy. It is sunny here and 73 degrees.  Dogs are all laying in the patches of sun in the front door.

Hello hopi, I hit the candy from my stockings pretty hard.  Time to reach for some carrot sticks!

Barbara, which Coach?  Was it yours or the 16yos?  

It has been a lazy day.  I was kinda glad our big celebrations got scaled back to just us because I don't have energy for all that and decided if I'm working full time I'm not going to plan a big celebration.  We had steak and will have more today as we bought for more people.  Eldest DD came with her Sweetie and we all sat outside socially distant and opened giflts.  I think everyone is happy with what they got.

I am having cold symptoms - the same ****** I had in November just before Thanksgiving but I grabbed a Covid test and will do it tonight before I head into work tomorrow.

I clocked in and worked a couple hours and then another, and putting clean sheets on the bed.  We've all been cleaning cleaning since Covid is in the house. Thankful that none of us are sick.

Re: shopping - I ordered the green poncho yesterday.  I am about to hit a major health goal and plan to get myself a new pair of Brooks running shoes or my R. Riveter bag in purple...  can't decide.  Other than that I don't plan on doing much shopping.

Super Contributor

Nice and quiet here. Very over cast and windy. I made baked potatoes with various things to stuff into them for lunch. Tasted good ! I do not think that I have had a baked spud for ages !

I have started putting some of the decorations away. I am one who does not leave the decore out much past the actual day. Always been like that. My Mom always left it all up till after New Years Day. 

Wow ....the wind is really picking up ! I need to go out into back yard and check on things. Have a nice evening everyone !

Respected Contributor

Hello Chessielady - I also am very tempted to take down all the tree stuff!  I usually get it out very early and put it up the day after. Your baked potato sounds yummy.  I guess I am hungry and need to figure out sides for supper.

Honored Contributor

It won't be long before I am the only one still turning on the exterior Christmas lights.  I give it a day or two - heck some folks in the neighborhood didn't turn theirs on last night Woman Very Happy

I turn the exterior lights on (just multicolor lights around porch roof and attached garage gutter) through the Feast of the Epiphany (January 6th).

My Ma kept the lights, tree and decorations out through Feast of the Epiphany.  Depending on how I feel I may take the tree and decor down the weekend following January 6th.  Then again I might keep everything up another week.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it was a nice sunny day yesterday and we had a good time considering the circumstances.  My dh's youngest bro is the only unvaccinated one, but his SO is vaccinated.  They got to the party just a few seconds ahead of us & were told they would be eating in the dining room.  My bil & his wife told us that we would be eating in the solarium with them.  The food was in the kitchen and we were the first ones getting our food with a mask on.  They left at 1:00 & so we stayed until 2:00 & then we went to see my dh's Mom.  She had lunch taken to her & enjoyed seeing us two at a time.   We are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight and another inch on Tuesday.  Too bad it came a few days late.  

Our little Christmas trees will get put away next weekend, but the snowmen & snow owls will be out until we get sick of them in March.  

I  got an email yesterday morning from my niece saying that their 15 year old ds had a 102° temp on Friday and again yesterday morning, so they were going to take him to the urgent care at 2:00.  I just got an email from her & he has Covid19.  He went to a ROTC event and laid down a wreath and then got a burger w/o a mask on.  Thank goodness Taven is feeling better.

We all got nice things and everything fit perfect.  No returns is a +.

Sydsgma, I am sure that Sydney will enjoy the Coach item.  Good luck with your dh & ds driving back to AZ tomorrow.  We are both good snow drivers as that's all we have ever known.  Black ice is what scares me & drivers that don't know how to slow down.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Yea it's hard Glenda @twinny70  when you got one in the family that makes it awkward for everyone else (insert eyeroll here).  I'm glad that you had a great Christmas despite the separate dining and I'm sure your MIL enjoyed being visited by everyone.  I hope that your great nephew is gonna be okay.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you enjoyed your big meal.  My DH really liked meatloaf, and I remember it was an extremely popular entree at the senior lunch program. 

I had a very quiet Christmas -- DD couldn't figure out how to use Zoom, and doesn't have Facetime, so our visit was just audio.  That was a bit disappointing, but I was able to speak to everyone individually, and pictures are promised.  I was so impressed with my grandsons -- so mature.  It figures given their ages (all in their 20's), but not seeing them for so long meant that I didn't know how much they have matured.  My granddaughter has always been mature for her age, so that wasn't a surprise.  I am certainly blessed to have such wonderful grandchildren, and daughter, of course.

Later, I spoke with DH's DD (spoke with his son the day before), and we had a nice time catching up.

Good luck with your shopping and eating goals hopi.  Sometimes I have to push myself to eat more of the good food I prepare.  Don't ask about the treats -- cookies, candy, etc.  

Glad you had a nice Christmas and Syd enjoyed her gifts, Barbara.  My ex gave me a Coach purse one year, and I carried it for many years before passing it on to DD.  Excellent quality, but it got to be too heavy for me.  Hope your DH and son don't have any problems with the weather on their drive to Arizona.

Wise idea to cut back on the celebrations, Kathleen.  Working that much must be very tiring.  I used to work long hours, but tried to get off a week after Christmas so I could relax.  Having a cold on top makes it worse.  Hope it isn't COVID -- I keep hearing about so many new cases even among the vaccinated and boosted.  Hope you enjoy the new poncho and the shoes or purse.

You sound like my DD, .  Sometimes she starts taking down the decorations Christmas evening.  I usually wait until New Year's Day, but may start earlier.  Glad you enjoyed the baked potatoes.  The "baked potato bar" was another popular item among the seniors.

Sorry your niece's son has COVID, Glenda.  Glad you had a nice time yesterday, and your MIL was doing okay.  Enjoy the snow.

We had rain yesterday and this morning.  But, it went away in the afternoon -- both days.  Our church is still having services outdoors, and the pastor said that he got there at 6:30 when it was raining -- then pouring rain.  But, it dried up by 10:00 when we had the service.  It was only in the low 50's, and I wished that I had worn a jacket rather than just the beautiful Linea blazer I had on -- it was chilly plus windy.  

After church, I went to the gym, and I have been doing some cooking.  No word yet on Bev -- she was scheduled for surgery this morning at 9:00 a.m.  I have to confess that I am worried.

Waves to Jean, Linda R, Susan, Marijane, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda