Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sun., Sept 6th)

Hello all, what good in your world today?

I went to home depot shortly after they opened this morning and bought all the pipes, elbows and pipe dope needed for my cooktop.

I just finished cutting the grass.  It had been 2 weeks since the last time I mowed and rain showers are forecast for a couple of hours from now and the next couple of days.  Figured I might as well get the lawns done then if it starts raining I can play with the gasline and cooktop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sun., Sept 6th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you were able to get the pipes, etc. for your cooktop project and mowed the grass today.  Like Glenda, I would be totally intimidated by such serious DIY work.  

It should be slightly cooler today, but we still have a predicted high of 103 degrees an excessive heat warnings for today and tomorrow.  I am really looking forward to the cool down they are predicting for later in the week.  Hope we get some rain as well.

Fortunately, it was not too hot on my walk this morning.  I watched my virtual church service, and plan to do a Leslie Sansone DVD and a little ironing later.  Nothing exciting for sure.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's good that you could get to Home Depot first thing this morning.   I hope that your project goes well for you without any problems.  We had a thunderstorm early this morning and got 1 1/2" of rain.  It's now a nice 🌞🌞 70° day.  We are supposed to get rain from Tuesday - Thursday with cooler weather.  I am fine with cooler weather, but not rain most of the week.  

It's kind of a melancholy day for me.  We would normally be enjoying 3 weeks out East with our ds and ddil.  They had planned to fly back home in a couple of weeks for our hometown's huge celebration which was canceled.  It's been 2 years since my DH contracted Legionaire's Disease while we were on the East Coast.  We are so fortunate.

We had a BK drive thru lunch and then we enjoyed the hot tub.  No big plans for the weekend which is a good thing.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  Yes, I do things that I can't mess up & hurt myself.  I know how high I can go up on a ladder safely.  Two rungs most of the time.  I am glad that you enjoyed your church service again this morning.  We enjoy our online services, but we do miss seeing our friends in person.  

I didn't do my walk this morning because we were having a thunderstorm.  My walking might be iffy this week because of ☔☔☔,  but we are going to the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.  It's so nice to be able to get out of the house.

I can't believe that it's September already.  Considering we have done nothing exciting most of the year, time has flown right by us.