Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sun., April 26th)

Good Morning Woman Happy

It looks like it's going to be another cloudy day in SE Michigan.  I can't believe how quickly the month of April is whizzing by.  When I retired over 2 years ago I was concerned that one day would run into the next without some kind of routine in my life.  That never happened - until coronavirus.  I don't know what it is over the past 2 months but all the days seem to be running together Woman Frustrated

Linda @LindaLatte  you asked yesterday about the convert a bench that I ordered last year.  I selected the Sierra Timber color and the bench looks brand new.  Because I'm in a two story house, the patio where I put the bench is shaded from the morning sun.  The bench gets some afternoon sun (when the sun is directly above the house/property).  When the sun is more west of me, I have a pine tree and a black walnut tree that provides some shade to the area.  I read about the parade for your neighbor's milestone birthday and I think it's wonderful.

I think the new family across the street (moved in May last year) tried to get something going like that for their son's birthday.  To be honest, I didn't pay attention until the end of the day Woman Very Happy  Two cops cars swung by the morning of Holy Saturday (I think, lol) and ran their sirens.  I assumed the family knew the cops and didn't know what was going on.

Later in the day a person outside of the household put a homemade sign on their front lawn closer to their house positioned this way:

Coronavirus has open houses closing and home buyers reconsidering ...

Our properties are 6 houses in from a main street where people travel 60 MPH.  If you are driving on my block you are trying to get out of the sub-division and you are not looking to the left at any signs on folks property.

Maybe if the sign had been bolder and hung this way they would have gotten a better response to the 'honk your horn for John's birthday'

Home Sale Signs Front Image & Photo (Free Trial) | Bigstock

Jean @KonaKat   I like a blue or cool red better than an orangey warm red so I can appreciate why you are returning the Lug TSV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sun., April 26th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Sitting at home and not going anywhere has definitely lead to not knowing what day it is. I know I see the day of the week and time on my cell, and other gadgets but it just doesn't seem to lock in. There was one day I thought I had forgotten to take either the morning or everning meds as I was thinking it was the next day and the med organizer was ful for that day I thought I had missed but didn't. 

This is how our state compares to the nation and its bordering states according to the 10am update for today:

April26update.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I did purchsed the TSV bench in grey last year and another one yesterday. They are very comfy and hold up well. Last year's still looks like new. I'm hoping to make a seating area on one end of the patio and a dog ball toss area on the other. Someone posted a picture in the Home section and I really liked the look. I thought this might give the dogs more room just in case we don't extend that fence for another year.

I did my solar light project yesterday. The new onex have a more subtle light so they are truly pathway lights. I think that was my error in selecting. They still look nice around the side front gardens and provide light to see the drivway. I moved the old lights around the wishing well and the back hedges and fence back. It provides a little more light at night for the dogs potty. I only have two lights that I need to re-position today. They just didn't get enough sunlight where they were. Not too bad. 

Today it's raining all day. We had rain all night and this is not suppose to stop until tomorrow am. UGH!!! I wanted to weed and plants flowers but have decided that I will take it easy today. I did clear out a few more tops in the closet that were way overdue to be tossed.

It got so hot yesterday that we had to put the A/C on.  It's that time when I'm flipping if from a/d during the day to heat at night.  That usually lasts for about 2 weeks and then we are in A/C weather 24/7.  Today I'll have to reprogram the thermostat. I liked the old one better. It was so simple to use and it controlled all systems. We had to get a new one when we replaced the A/C unit and added the seperate Hepa unit. It's a pain to program.  It has so many settings for each daypart it makes me crazy. Sometimes simple is better. That's my rant for today. LOL

Stay safe & comdy. Have a good afernoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I thought about purchasing the bench in the white birch. I decided I would wait until later in the day. I must not have wanted it asf I forgot all about it. I thought somw of the seating arrangements with more than one looked great, but I think the reason I waitd and then didn't order was that I don't spend that much time outside when it is hot.

I guess I should fix lunch. I'm not much of a kitchen person so I think I will avoid In the Kitchen With David, have a sandwich and then go and read. I am tired from work earlier this morning.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Thanks for the information about the bench.  Like Jean, I decided that I don't spend that much time outdoors to justify the purchase.  Plus, I think that the weather here (in contrast to where you live) would do a number on it.  Glad it is working well for you.  I think it is pretty.

I am totally messed up regarding the days/months, etc.  My calendar used to be so full that I would mentally go over all my plans for the day, and often set alarms on Alexa.  Just this morning I remembered that my wedding anniversary would have been this coming Friday.  

Just finished watching my church service via the computer.  They are getting a bit better with the technology, but there is room for improvement.  I was disappointed that the musicians I like so much did not participate.  I believe the ones today are from the earlier service, and now we just have one service.

Hi Jean.  I couldn't read anything on the chart you included, but I went to the West Virginia website, and it looks like the State is doing pretty well compared to many.  I have not read the article yet, but I saw a headline in the local newspaper that coronavirus  deaths in the county have slowed.  I think there have been about 80 deaths so far in the county.  There still is a shortage of tests here.

You certainly do a lot to make your home and yard nice, Fressa.    Wish I could see pictures.  I can't remember where you live -- but, it seems like you have a lot of rain.   Going back and forth between AC and heat must be a pain.  My thermostat was loose, and the technician who checked out my system tightened it, but then the door fell off.  Every time I need to change programs (like heat to AC or just turn it off), the door falls off again.  It is pretty much driving me crazy.  I am debating asking them to replace the thermostat when they come again, but not sure I want to spend the money.

It was pretty nice on my walk this morning (not too hot), and I took a slightly different route so I could mail a letter (bill).  But, I saw quite a few other walkers, and realized that I am becoming so antisocial.  If I see someone coming, I quickly find a way to keep at least six feet away, and often end up crossing the street.  Makes me feel bad.

It should be quite hot here today -- 98 degrees.  It is already 93 degrees and it isn't even noon yet.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

It's a beautiful sunny 60's day.  It's supposed to rain for the next three days.

Our dsil brought the 3 dgc down at noon for an Easter egg hunt.  My DH still enjoys hiding the eggs and the kids are off to the races.  They are never too old for some fun.  My DH and I were masked & 6' away from all of them.  The grands are tired of being cooped up. 

Our dsil will be getting the house which we have been praying about.  He has worked so hard for the last couple of years finishing off their basement.  It's a relief for him not to have to look for a different place as he totally works from home.  Our dd has rented a place in a nearby town, so I hope that things work out when school starts in the fall.

After they left, we had a light lunch, hot tubbed & then I took my moped downtown for my walk.  It was hot with a sweater on so I was hunting for the "sunny side of the street."  I felt bad that we couldn't have lunch together.  

Last week one day, I had a dream that it was Sunday,  so I thought that it was Monday and it was Wednesday.  

My DH is snoozing.  As soon as I turn the radio on, he is out like a 🚼🚼🚼.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you were able to see your grands and have the Easter egg hunt, twinny.  

I was just looking at the weekly weather forecast in our local paper, and had to laugh --

Today -- Hot -- mostly sunny and summerlike -- 98 for the high

Monday -- Partly sunny and hot -- high of 96

Tuesday -- Hot with sizzling sunshine -- high of 96

and so it goes.  They are predicting 100 degree highs for Thursday.  Weather for Jean and me, but certainly not for Glenda.

Hope things work out with your DD and SIL regarding the houses.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I was thinking about how warm it was in the sun this afternoon for my walk & it was in the mid 60's.  I am hoping that things work out with the house too, but I am glad that they didn't have to sell it & both have to look for a different place.  They have a lot of stuff with 3 children and it's a big house.