Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - September 29th - Tuesday

@Bird mama, I knew you had ordered with your gift card. I liked the anorak jacket so much that I ordered one on Sunday night, received it this evening. Haven't taken it out of the box yet, am so surprised how quickly it came. I'll let you know shortly how it fits and how I like it.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

How in the heck did you receive yours in MO and I'm still waiting for mine? 

Just kidding.  I wonder if the sale over the weekend was so good that they are having a time filling the order.  Since they ship everything in one package they might be looking for the cords or the jeans.

On the bright side, my basel boots - the olive ones -  will have a sister that is dark brown tomorrow night. Can't wear them until I spray suede protector on them.

Oh yea, more news.  The removed the construction barrels from the street this morning so I am back to parking in my garage.

I am trying to be a good resident and not a crabby old lady, so I will wait a week before I call the city and ask if the time has been set for the construction company to pour the new driveway approach since they munched mine up.

My heart dropped when I saw the barrels being moved this morning.  I was hoping the construction company would leave maybe 2 behind (to block my driveway) as some assurance that they were coming back to fix what they broke.  I restrained myself this morning - I wanted to ask, hey where are you going?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

I don't think you are stalking me lol.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte, that is encouraging news re: your DH and the daycare. I am keeping my fingers crossed he can start next Wednesday.
@Bird mama, 5 hours after placing my order, they had emailed it was shipped, that has never happened for me before with JCP. Tried on my jacket, (sized up 1 size so I could layer a sweater under it), love the fit. I cinched it in at the waist for now, but can let that out a bit when it is cooler and I need an underlayer. Sleeves come down over the top of my hand but that will not be a problem. I have always liked the idea of anorak jackets but didn't like the bulk, this one is just right. Thanks for posting about it. I would not have seen it otherwise.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1
What color did you get? I went with the green and sized up one size too. I can't wait to get mine. I can see me wearing it like a blazer at work. That place gets cold like a meat locker.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama
I also got the green. I have been loving the greens this year. Hope you like yours when it arrives. I really like mine.