Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday October 20th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We are having lovely weather here.  It was warmer on my walk this morning (60 degrees when I started), but still very comfortable.  

My OLLI class on the Aztecs was very good, and it inspired me to order a book (on Kindle) that the professor recommended.  In addition to leading OLLI classes, he is a history professor at the University of Arizona.

I bought a few greeting cards and then some produce after class.  Nothing exciting.  I received an e-mail from Wal-Mart saying that my underwear order (shipped to the store) had been delayed until Monday.  That was a surprise.  Also, a small order from Amazon was delayed -- they said that the order went to Phoenix and then to Dallas rather than where I live south of Tucson.  

Good news on the grandchildren front -- youngest DGS has been hired for a part-time administrative assistant/computer person, and he will make $20 an hour.  Needless to say, he is thrilled.  He is working at a Halloween store at the Mall now, so he told them he cannot start until November since he felt he owed some loyalty to the Halloween store.

No exciting plans for me today -- just the regular laundry and financial review.  I was pondering what I would do if I won the lottery.  Of course, I have not purchased a ticket, so this is purely academic.  LOL

Congratulations to your team, twinny.  Hope things go well today.  How did Christopher's team do?.  Hope Jean is having a good time in the city, and everyone has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. AM Style was over at 6:00 a.m. here, so I only saw the last few minutes.  Leah is certainly looking great, of course she always looks good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday October 20th)

Linda L, it was sunny when I got up this morning, so I hung 2 loads of laundry outside.   Your Olli classes sound enjoyable.  I hope that you enjoy your book.  Too bad about your purchases being delayed.  Congrats to your dgc.  We didn't buy any lottery tickets either, but it is fun to dream.

We went to Farm and Fleet so that my DH could  buy a furnace filter that was on sale.  They were gone already, but I bought a dice game called TENZI.  It was $1499 & I saw it fur $19.99 elsewhere.  I hear that it is a fun game for 2-4 players.  Then I went to the grocery store for pizza fixings for supper tonight.  

We got back home & put the Badger's on & It started to snow in Madison.  The field was a sea of white.  I had already taken the laundry down as it dried quickly & the next thing I know it is snowing white pellets here.  It lasted about 10 minutes and now it is sunny and nice again.

The wind just started to blow like crazy, the leaves are flying everywhere & It is snowing again.  What a crazy weather day for sure.  I won't send it to any of you.

Thanks for wishing our Brewer's good luck this evening.  If they win tonight, they will be playing the Red Sox for the World Series Championship.

Christopher has his game right now, so I don't know what is going on yet.

I had a fun conversation yesterday at my clinic. She is one of my newer nurses &  I told my nurse what a fun time we had on our Thursday outing & she said that her  daughter's were going there today with grandparents.  Then I asked her if she & her DH were going to be "empty nester's & she said "no, we have the boys at home."

Why did I say "oh, I didn't know that you have 4 dc.". She said, "no I have 5 dc." .  Then I asked her how old they are & she said. "I have two 16 y/o & three 14 y/o.  She has twins and triplets.  I am still in shock.  Invitro boy/girl & then 2 boy's & one girl.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda @LindaLatte  thanks for starting the thread today.  AM Style started early and ended an hour earlier than usual so I caught bits and pieces.  I went to a karate thing for my 7 year old great niece.  I don't know if it was a tournament or what.  The guy who runs the dojo (?) supposedly upgrades to a new leased facility with more room this past summer.  I went to the new location and it was crammed as usual with standing room only for the adults coming to watch the tournament.  Insufficient parking too. 

Today's event included sparring between the kids going for black belt.  I looked at my 7 year old great niece (her 3 year old sister is already almost her size) and asked her mother (my niece) if the little one was going to have to do THAT.   Niece said sparring is part of black belt training and I said, don't tell me the little one is going to have to win a match - she's the tiniest kid in her age group.

No sooner I said it an older girl already in the black belt range was sparring with a boy in the black belt range and the girl was hurt - not seriously, but crumpled to the floor.

Today is sweetest day here in Michigan and one of the things I did with my sister was take her to breakfast after the tournament.  I said Mary, when the day comes for our great niece to spar I will not be going to watch.  If some kid knocks her down and hurts her, I lack the discipline to stay off the mat.  I know me, I will kick my shoes off and be on the mat in no time picking up great niece and that will embarass our niece and her husband Woman Happy

I gave my sister a card, some cash to treat herself to her favorite pizza (before she undergoes extensive dental work on Monday), a box of cheese it treat bags (her favorite) and an even higher tech miracle shovel from SnowJoe (directly).  This one is polycarbonate.  She was thrilled about the shovel Woman LOL  I said, it may not seem sweet today but when we get the first heavy snow you'll be thanking me for this shovel, lol.

Linda I'm so happy for your grandson.   I smlied when I read that he needed to fulfill his commitment to the halloween store as I find that admirable. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Leah certainly is looking great. She always did but the weight loss further emphasizes her beauty. Congrats to DGS on his new job and his ethical decision to delay leaving his current employer until the Halloween season is over.

Twinny--We are also expecting snow up in the mountains here, so we have something in common regarding the weather. Good luck to your Brewers. Your infusion nurse certainly  has a challenge with twins and triplets at  home. 

Bernie--You were very thoughtfful about the vareity of gifts for your sister. She may not need it now, but the gift that will be appreciated the most will be the SnowJoe shovel when multiple snowfalls come. Something tells me that you aren't purchasing the Halo TSV.

I did go to the city today and got my hair colored. Afterwards, I went to WalMart. I saw some really well priced items that were well made and if they don't last more than one or two years, they are still cost effective purchases. In addition to groceries, I purchased two sets of sweats (pants and matching tops) and also a warm casual short coat.  

I'm tired as I didn't sleep well last night, going to sleep after  2am and getting up before AM Style started. That added to my activities today has resulted in me debating going to bed but if I do, I run the risk of not sleeping tonight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70  Did I read that right twinny?  Did you say you got snow!!!???

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Sounds like you had a productive day in the city.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Linda @LindaLatte  thanks for starting the thread today.  AM Style started early and ended an hour earlier than usual so I caught bits and pieces.  I went to a karate thing for my 7 year old great niece.  I don't know if it was a tournament or what.  The guy who runs the dojo (?) supposedly upgrades to a new leased facility with more room this past summer.  I went to the new location and it was crammed as usual with standing room only for the adults coming to watch the tournament.  Insufficient parking too. 

Today's event included sparring between the kids going for black belt.  I looked at my 7 year old great niece (her 3 year old sister is already almost her size) and asked her mother (my niece) if the little one was going to have to do THAT.   Niece said sparring is part of black belt training and I said, don't tell me the little one is going to have to win a match - she's the tiniest kid in her age group.

No sooner I said it an older girl already in the black belt range was sparring with a boy in the black belt range and the girl was hurt - not seriously, but crumpled to the floor.

Today is sweetest day here in Michigan and one of the things I did with my sister was take her to breakfast after the tournament.  I said Mary, when the day comes for our great niece to spar I will not be going to watch.  If some kid knocks her down and hurts her, I lack the discipline to stay off the mat.  I know me, I will kick my shoes off and be on the mat in no time picking up great niece and that will embarass our niece and her husband Woman Happy

I gave my sister a card, some cash to treat herself to her favorite pizza (before she undergoes extensive dental work on Monday), a box of cheese it treat bags (her favorite) and an even higher tech miracle shovel from SnowJoe (directly).  This one is polycarbonate.  She was thrilled about the shovel Woman LOL  I said, it may not seem sweet today but when we get the first heavy snow you'll be thanking me for this shovel, lol.

Linda I'm so happy for your grandson.   I smlied when I read that he needed to fulfill his commitment to the halloween store as I find that admirable. 

Bird Mama, while we were watching the Badger's playing in Madison the field was white & it was coming down hard.  After much running up and down the field it was green again.  I took the laundry down right after lunch and the next thing we knew, it was snowing what looked like Styrofoam pellets.  They covered the hot tub lid and a few minutes later it was coming down in big fluffy flakes.  Not enough to "track a 🐱."  The funny thing is it was 40°.  They are saying sunny and 50's for a few more days.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Leah certainly is looking great. She always did but the weight loss further emphasizes her beauty. Congrats to DGS on his new job and his ethical decision to delay leaving his current employer until the Halloween season is over.

Twinny--We are also expecting snow up in the mountains here, so we have something in common regarding the weather. Good luck to your Brewers. Your infusion nurse certainly  has a challenge with twins and triplets at  home. 

Bernie--You were very thoughtfful about the vareity of gifts for your sister. She may not need it now, but the gift that will be appreciated the most will be the SnowJoe shovel when multiple snowfalls come. Something tells me that you aren't purchasing the Halo TSV.

I did go to the city today and got my hair colored. Afterwards, I went to WalMart. I saw some really well priced items that were well made and if they don't last more than one or two years, they are still cost effective purchases. In addition to groceries, I purchased two sets of sweats (pants and matching tops) and also a warm casual short coat.  

I'm tired as I didn't sleep well last night, going to sleep after  2am and getting up before AM Style started. That added to my activities today has resulted in me debating going to bed but if I do, I run the risk of not sleeping tonight.

Jean, yes 5 little ones at once would be a lot of work & my nurse is always happy on the job.  It sounds like you had a good shopping day and did some multi tasking.  It is tiring when we do it all at once.  My DH took a nice nap this afternoon and he will sleep good tonight too.