Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, May 30th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We are under another excessive heat warning -- today and tomorrow, but it should "only" make it up to 100 rather than the hotter temperatures we had yesterday.  It is already hot (over 90), and it is only 10:00 a.m.  Glad I got my walk in early this morning.

On Facebook, Jean said she slept pretty well -- got up her usual early time, but slept well.  Hopefully, she will check in with us today.

Nothing at all exciting going on here -- laundry, weekly financial review, and cleaning.  I have plenty of leftovers for dinner, so I don't plan to do much cooking.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, May 30th)

Thank you for the update on Jean. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and some extra relaxation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone1

We have a bit of a cooling spell with storms but I'll take any kind of weather that isn't in the high 80's. Our attic fan has bit the dust. No wonder it was at 90 by noon. My husband thinks he can do the job from inside the attic. We ordered the replacement fan but it will not arrived until 6/15. I swear.....everything is on the same cargo ship from China.

The new A/C guy was here on Friday and checked our system. We have to replace almost all of it. (Part of it is due to way the older company try to "fudge" a repair) I'm still waiting for the price and any other "extras". They don't have an opening until maybe the week of 6.19. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time with my breathing and other health issues. Crossing my fingers that maybe we catch a break sooner than later.

I didn't realize that today was beauty day. Darn....I was even up super early. I wish that wouldn't happen on the weekend. I watched Jane with Candace last night on the Lancer hour. It sure was tempting but I would need the sensitive formula and that wasn't on the special duo. My auto delivery of JM body butter is over so I just renewed it again. That's all I need.  

Our area is finally moving into "green" but with limitations. At least we are moving into another forward phase. My dil phoned me last night to say that she saw our brand of tp at the little market up near their camp. LOL The msytery has be solved! We had a good laugh over it which we both needed.  

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

What bad luck, Fressa.  I remember putting an attic fan into my first house (which had no AC), and it really helped.  And, then having to wait so long for the new AC.  Hope that it cools down there.

I forgot to say I am sorry to hear about Marian, Glenda.  May she rest in peace.

Jean seems to be doing quite well -- this is from her latest Facebook post ---

Good evening! I am doing fine. The pain block lasted over 24 hours. I started taking the pain pills this morning when I began to have feeling and flexibility in hand.