Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, May 21st)

Good Afternoon!  It is warm/hot, dry, and breezy here today, but no "red flag warnings".  

I had never heard of Evergreener's, Glenda.  Sounds like a great idea.  You certainly got a wonderful bargain on those shorts.  I am surprised you had that many clothes to declutter, but good for you.  I had tea in England (I think it was York) many years ago, but it was certainly far less food and decoration than the one I went to yesterday, Glenda.  I wanted to have tea at Harrod's, but it was very crowded.  I bet that was an exciting experience for you.

No excitement here -- took a nice walk early this morning, did an exercise DVD, my laundry is going, and I am gathering materials for my weekly financial review.  

I don't need any more creams or lotions, so no TSV for me.  Actually never tried her products.  I didn't see AM Style, but I certainly don't need any more clothes or shoes.  Andrew Lessman's eye vitamins are the HSN special for tomorrow, and I will be ordering them for sure.

Waves to Bernie, Fressa, Jean, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Bev has an appointment with her primary care doctor on Tuesday to see what is happening with her gallbladder.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, May 21st)

Linda L, we got a bit of rain yesterday, but it's a nice sunny 60° day here.  Perfect but I know it won't last long enough.  We are supposed to get rain tonight and then a beautiful day tomorrow.  I was surprised to get rid of so many clothes, but the 10+ lbs I lost a year ago made everything too big for me.  Harrod's was a great experience and I was a lot younger back in 1985!

We had a good time with our guests last night.  It's always a treat to have somebody stay overnight with us as we are a smaller town.  They have also stayed with my 2nd cousin and her dh, but they live in a college town.

The good news here is Christopher just sent me an email & he got a 4.0 from the University & starts his internship job with Culver's on Monday.   He hasn't been feeling well for a while and thinks it's allergies from his apt  so he moved back home until the end of August at which time he will be moving to another apt.

The mopeds are back, but we are waiting for the lawn mower guy to come get the riding mower for a tune up.

I bought a Husky Cherry tomato plant from Wal-Mart this morning for $3.98.  They used to be 98¢.  Then we headed to the Garden Spot to buy 5 more tomato plants when I saw a sign in a farm yard saying "Plants for $1.50.  Thus, we got 5 tomato plants for $7.50.  Now it will be interesting to see what we get.

Dinner is leftovers from our favorite Italian restaurant last night.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Great news from Christopher.  Good for you with the weight loss, Glenda.  Hope the tomato plants grow well.

DD said that my SIL and youngest DGS really like the South Carolina house and the neighborhood.  The next door neighbors were very welcoming which I am sure helped.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, that's great news about your dd's family liking the house and nice neighbors is a plus.  We built this house in 1994 & it's a residential neighborhood just 3 blocks from where we grew up. The stabbing a block away  last month is still in the, back of my mind.  I lost the weight when I had my eye teeth removed and couldn't eat anything good for several months.  I weigh less than I did on our wedding day, but my gown doesn't fit.  Things shifted from here to there!  Prayers are going out to Bev.  

I am having a leisurely night as my dh is watching a baseball game.  

I am getting my next infusion on Monday and after we eat lunch at Noodles and CO. ( without Christopher darn)  we are heading to the UW Clinic so I can make my October appt with my neurologist in person.  I tried to get through to them on Friday, but after being on hold for a long time, I hung up.  They need an 800 number.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you are okay with your weight loss, Glenda.  I had assumed it was deliberate, which I know is not always the case.  Amazing that you weigh less than when you were married.  I know what you mean about the weight shifting -- true for me as well.

Good luck on Monday.  Probably a good idea to try to make your October appointment in person.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Great news for Christopher!!! Hopefully, hell get relief with his move. 

That was a steal of a buy on those tomatoe plants!!!! I just planted the sweet pepper plants yesterday and was thilled that they had a flower of a small pepper already on them. I'm hoping I have luck with them because I love cooking with them. They were $7.50 a bag last week. UGH!!!