Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday., March 30th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is nice and sunny here, and it should reach 80 degrees today.  It is cool at night, but fortunately my house has warmed up a bit.  So, no need for heat or AC.  

Sounds like you are very organized for your Easter celebration, Bernie.  So far, I have zero plans for Easter other than going to church in the morning.  Hope you are doing well today Susan.  Interesting about that shop, twinny.  I didn't see those scents presented on the Q, but I usually don't watch cosmetic/beauty programs.  In fact, I'm getting less and less interested in any of the programs.  I still enjoy watching Leah and some of the other hosts, but the timing isn't always good for me now that we are three hours behind "Q" time. 

I had been thinking about some D&Co. pedal pushers they sell here, but I wasn't sure about the fit.  I really hate capris, etc. that flare out or are baggy at the knees.  Anyway, I read in the forums about purchasing D&Co. on eBay, and found a seller I have used in the past (and liked) had a pair of the pedal pushers in my size for about half the Q price.  Hope they work out for me, but I won't feel terrible if they do not.  Since you need to pay for S&H plus the return label here, you are out $10 plus just to try them on. Not a bargain.

Yesterday was extremely busy, but good.  Jo Ann and I had a nice time, and I happened to run into a lady who used to go to "strong bones" in Sprouts.  I had been thinking of her and wondering if she was okay.  She is younger than me, but has some sort of serious genetic lung/respiratory problem.  Her siblings and parents died of the disease, and she was using oxygen even when she was exercising.  She is worse off (needs more oxygen and was using an electric scooter in the store), but her attitude is great.  She had just come from her weekly infusion and told me she goes for PT three times a week.  Anyway, I was so happy to see her again.

Today I my usual Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review plus I'll be visiting my hospice patient in the afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday., March 30th)

Linda L, it's been nice all week, but it is partly cloudy and we might get a little rain tonight.  Then mild temps  & 🌞🌞🌞 in the 50's most of next week.  Our normal highs this time of the year is upper 40's.  That is so sad about your friend that is suffering like her parents and sibs did.  I don't watch many beauty shows either, so I had no idea what products were made in our hometown.

I did a little bit of Easter shopping this morning.  Getting ready to have an Easter egg hunt hopefully outside and things to put into 5 baskets.

lunch is BLT's.  My DH is grilling steaks on the grill for supper.  

We are both having an easy day.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday., March 30th)

Hello Linda and Twinny and all who might follow today,

It was raining when I awoke at 6:30 this morning so I rolled over and went back to sleep until 8am, lol.

I've just been running a couple of errands and putzing around the house.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise