Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Saturday, March 10th

Good Morning shopping friends, I was able to watch AM Style today because I slept so lousy last night Woman Frustrated  You know how you sometimes get that post nasal drip that you can't quite cough out and when you blow your nose you still don't feel clear?  Well, that woke me up more times than I care to think about last night.  I finally got tired of fighting the bed.

How are you today?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Saturday, March 10th

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry you slept poorly last night, but glad you could watch AM Style.  When daylight savings time starts tonight, we will be three hours behind "Q" time, so my AM Style watching will be reduced.  Not that I watch the whole show now, but it will be less.  

To answer your question -- I'm feeling well today.  I changed out my bedding again since I was overheated last night and kept removing covers.  

Nothing special planned for the day -- laundry, weekly financial review, and visiting DH.  If I have time, I would like to do a little more work on gathering our tax information and perhaps do some baking or cleaning.  

DH was extremely sleepy yesterday, so I'm hoping he will be more awake today.  I found out that the "main" caregiver for his building has left.  Fortunately, I really like her replacement, and she is good to DH. 

It is cloudy, but nice here today -- our temperatures should reach the upper 70's.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I forgot to mention that setbacks -- health or other issues usually trigger silly spending for me.  I guess several of us have that issue, Charlene.  I think the best way to deal with it is to forgive yourself and move on like you might do if you were overeating when trying to cut back.  Try not to make it a habit, but don't beat yourself up about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sorry that you had a bad night's sleep. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

Linda--Visiting DH makes all days special. I'm sure he looks forward to your visits despite being sleepy. You do a great job keeping on top of finances.

I just got back from the orthopedic appointment  in a small city in the adjoining state. It is only 14 miles from the city but this practice has a great reputation. I got a cortisone injection, and he gave me a knee brace and wrap to take on the trip. I had considered going to a new restaurant that had opened there but since I wasn't all that hungry, I decided to come home.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I have laryngitis and I sound really funny.  I'm cracking myself up every time I say something to my birds or try to sing.  

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies.....just a quick note.....power came back a few minutes ago....a long 3 1/2 days.   HOpe you are feeling better Bernie.......Have a nice day everyone.....I know I will!!!

Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I do hope the laryngitis gets better fast.

Marijane--Glad you finally got power back. It was a long 3+ days.

My best intentions to do soething around the house were not realized as I was too tired from the trip to the orthopedic.

Right now, I am watching IT Cosmetics.  There is no threat to me yet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Geeze Louise Marijane @Genny1  That was a long time without power.  Glad everything is up and running again.

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw this on FB. It reminds me of those who have their packages sent to their work locations to hide them from DH at home.

clothesincar.jpg

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Whoa, I cannot imagine hiding packages from a significant other.