Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Saturday, June 11th

Oh my goodness, I am behind on the forums today.

I watched and chatted through AM style this morning.  It was pleasant enough weatherwise when I fed the outside birds early this morning.  By the time I left to run errands it was hot, uncomfortably hot. I usually try to drive the Cricket (camaro) on the weekends, but she's got a T-roof and I roast under the glass on hot days like this.

Mailed the mortgage payment, dropped off recyclables at the recycling center and grabbed a pizza.

I feel like I should get off a dead center and do something constructive.  What I don't know, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Saturday, June 11th

Hi Bernie, I did not see you had started the thread when I posted.  It is interesting about the "cricket".  I am amazed that some people drive convertibles with the top down around here when it is 100 degrees.  Way too hot for me.

Anyway, this is what I posted.

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a nice day.  We did have a little rain yesterday, and a cool breeze followed.  But, today it is sunny, and I think they are predicting a high of 100 degrees or so.  I saw the picture of the earthquake, Charlene -- yikes!

Not sure if DH can handle the handle/bed guard they delivered yesterday.  He seems confused about getting into bed, and I had a very difficult time getting him vertical rather than horizontal.  Then, he got up a couple times during the night, and had trouble again.  I may try putting it on after he gets into bed.

The wonderful hospice volunteer came this morning, so I have been to the gym.  Really sweaty, so I did a partial second shower when I got home.

Nothing exciting planned for today -- laundry and my weekly financial review.  I am bringing things home from the storage room and deciding what I should keep, trash, or donate.  This will be a very long process, but I am pretty determined to empty the storage room this year.  After all, we have rented it for five years now.  That is outrageous, but....

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, snicks, Essie, Susan, Marijane, Rosa, Charlene, Karen, LindaR, pinky ann, Gayle, Barbara, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

I posted under the thread that you started💛

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, butterfly.  I appreciate your kind words.  Here is your post --

@LindaLatte

I am sorry to hear about your husband. 

Here it is supposed to be around 100 degrees and the plants in the garden love the sunshine.

I have not heard about an earthquake and I am praying everyone is safe.

You are a strong woman Linda and I am praying for your husband, you and your family. Hugs to all of you

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie and Linda--Thank you for your thread starts for the day. Bernie--I'm sure AM Style kept you involved via the discussion group. I often read it but not today. Linda, I am sure that you will find a way to make the bed gadget work. As Butterfly stated, you are a very strong woman in facing your adversities.

I had an appointment in the city early this morning. Afterwards, I checked out JCP and saw a handbag I really liked as well as a necklace. I resisted the sales temptation. A sales may be a sales, but if it is not something I really want or is similar to something I already have, then it is a money expenditure that may not be the best.

I met a friend for lunch at the Outback. Afterwards, I did some grocery shopping at WalMart. I had a mental list of the things I needed, so I left with several things that came to $66 total.

The weather is beautiful today. The temperature in the sun registered 95 degrees in the city; 92 degrees here. This is my type of weather. Tomorrow is expected to be cooler.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Thanx @Bird mama & @LindaLatte for the start(s) today, great minds etc.....

We are hot/humid so I'm hunkered down in the house, did attack my purses today, I will not say how many, but have a good bunch to be donated, but our local school's "garage sale" isn't till Sept, now to store till then, sure I'll have other "stuff" also.

@KonaKat glad you enjoy this hot weather, love going out to lunch, actually any meal out is a good thing

@LindaLatte, sorry DH got confused with the bed rail, do think you're right about putting it on after he gets in bed.  My prayers go out to you both & also those wonderful volunteers for donating their time to such a worthy cause

tomorrow is supposed to be cooler with rain, hope so

Wishing all a good evening

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Essie--Good job on being selective on choosing which handbags to keep. The last handbag I bought was a Michael Kors I got myself for Christmas. I have others of various brands which are in excellent shape, so I'm not very motivated to add to the collection right now. I agree with you that any meal eaten out is a good meal.

I'm watching Super Saturday. I was interested in the PTR product but came in on the tail end of the presentation and it sold out before I could act. Sometimes it pays to be slow on the ordering finger.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi ladies!  I spent a while on peaches last night and again this afternoon, and have about 6 cups to show for all that erffort!  I will not do that again.  Now I need to figure out which of these recipes I can fix without a blender.  mmmmmmm It's very hot out so I'm thinking I will wait until dark thirty to do some baking.

Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte, sad to say some were brand new, at one time I was on a Sharif (hsn) kick now not so much, so in the pile they went, I'm being much more careful these days, can only carry 1 bag at a time  lol

Essie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, thanks @Bird mama for the start. miserably hot here too, yesterday, today, tomorrow, and Monday is predicted for this stuff. Ugh.

@LindaLatte, hope you can get DH used to the bed rail, if it helps keep him from falling. So many things to consider that I haven't even thought of I'm sure. Seems to me you are doing a good job on that storage unit. You'll have it empty before you know it.

@butterfly123, very nice comment to Linda, and I agree with you.

@KonaKat, good job on not making the bag purchase at JCP this morning. Glad you had lunch with your friend and have groceries bought. I hate grocery shopping myself.

@spix, good job on the handbags, I only have about 5 or so handbags, so that is probably the only area I am not planning to work on de-cluttering, lol. I agree, any meal I don't have to cook is a good thing.

@RockChick, that is a long time to spend to get only 6 cups of peaches, sometimes the effort doesn't seem worth it, huh? I'm sure it will be though. Fresh is always better than canned or frozen, imo.

I have no news to add, have not been in a very good mood today, but have been trying to shake it off. No particular reason, just one of those days. But I do hope everyone has a good night and a great Sunday. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".