Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, July 16th)

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Another hot day here (104 degrees or so).  There is a possibility of thunderstorms, but probably not.  

I heard from Barbara who is really having trouble with the heat this summer.  She has decided to stay indoors with the AC going this weekend.  Her back is bothering her, so she plans to tell her PT that she plans to go to a doctor.  The PT is helping a little, but not enough.  The good news is that her DH is doing well, and she is hoping to bring him back home sometime in the fall.

My bed has arrived, and I like it very much.  I have spent quite a bit of time going through my bedding and deciding what to keep, donate, or trash.  I didn't realize how many blankets I had.  

Yesterday evening, I went to a spaghetti dinner given at the home of one of the "newcomers" singles.  She went all out with the sauce, buying special bread from an award-winning bakery, etc.  The food and company was good.  They also had a trivia game created by a former librarian in the group -- famous women.  Much to my surprise, I got the most correct answers (12 of 15).  Normally, I am very bad at trivia plus I was busy filling in the answers until the last moment.  I was able to pick my prize, and got a lovely woven basket.  

No TSV for me since I don't think I look good in maxi dresses (being short), but I saw on another thread that Bernie ordered one.  Hope you love it Bernie.  I'm sure it will look great on you.

I'm doing extra laundry since I wanted to wash some of the bedding before I donate it.  Still need to do an exercise DVD and my weekly financial review.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Just saw on another thread that Barbara ordered the TSV as well.  Another tall lady who will look great.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, July 16th)

[ Edited ]

Hi Linda @LindaLatte 

I watched the local radar yesterday evening and I was so sure a wall of rain was going to come through my area.  Heck even the weatherman said we were all going to get rain; I actually fell asleep smiling about it.  First thing I did this morning at 6:30 am was run to the window to look at the wet pavement and soaked grass.  The patio was barely damp and I'm pretty sure the grass was wet from dew.  Honestly lately we've been having these walls of rain (according to radar) that have been splitting and going north and south of me.  What are you gonna do?

Heat has a way of sapping my energy.  Barbara mentioned 114 degrees in the AM Style thread and I thought - oh boy, I would pass out.  Years ago I was working along my side fence chatting with my neighbor who was sitting in a lawn chair in his driveway - he was recovering from an illness.  It was hot outside and I got distracted by our conversation and forgot to sip the water that was on the sports sippy cup next to me.  Good thing I was on my knees when I was weeding because I keeled over and scared my neighbor.  Dogs run hotter than humans and my dog Max wasn't even taking the heat that bad.  It's funny now.

I'm so glad that you like your bed.  Linens have a way of accumulating.  Ooh I love baskets and catch all types of things. It sounds like you had fun.  I don't know what it was about the TSV but it rang my bell this morning and I went through with the order.  Nice to see it offered in talls.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----I'm so glad that you like your new bed. Until you get it in your room and everything together I don't think you are convinced that you chose the one for you. Linens multiply in the closet. That's my story. I'm trying to get better with not stacking them on the top shelf but in the under the bed storage gafs. Less fit in those and it always is a small hassel to pull that bag out since the bed frame sits so low. Enjoy it!!!

Sorry to hear that Barbara is still sufferening with her back. Good to get another opinion sooner than later. 

I love the look of a maxi dress and jumpsuits but I would trip over myself with the dogs.. I missed that line of grace and poise.They seem like they would be very cool for these hot temps. Great price.   

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I think we're getting your rain. Every night this week (so it seems) we've had rain. So far, nothing too serious. The tomatoes and peppers like it but the flowers are losing their pedals. We have a few tomatoes starting to turn so crossing my fingers that the peppers do well also.

I get dehydrated in a heartbeat. I think half of it is just my system and the other half is just wanting to finish whatever I'm doing. You got lucky that Max and your neighbor were around. Humidity or not --hot is hot and we need to keep that fluid going in us. 

I'm glad that more lines are producting dresses and jumpsuits. I like them both but don't wear them since I'm home with the dogs. They look so pretty and cool. I always thought they were so versitle. Enjoy your TSV.