Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, January 7th))

Good Afternoon/Evening!  From reading a different thread, I have more of an idea about the plumber's recommendations, Bernie.  Definitely a good idea to get a second opinion.

It is a warm, sunny day here, which makes me happy.  Yesterday, I received a copy of my gas bill (I have a gas furnace and hot water heater), and it was a bit shocking.  I used way more than in the past.  According to a neighborhood group, this is due to the usually cold weather we had for several days last month.  I don't even keep it that warm.  Oh well....

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I agreed to try to compile the neighborhood newsletter, and today I finished the January issue.  Whew!  They had purchased a new computer and a Microsoft package so I could use Microsoft Publisher (totally new to me).  I have been working on this for several days (off and on), and finally figured out how to add pictures today.  At first, the pictures were huge plus upside down.  Anyway, the President of the association just texted me to say that I did a good job and she was having the newsletter sent out (it comes out by email for most people).  Hopefully, I will do better next time, but I am very pleased that it was okay to send.

I watched a little of AM Style, but didn't find anything that was calling my name.  Again this year I am trying to reduce my spending on clothes, shoes, and other things that I really don't need.  Wish me luck.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, January 7th))

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  

It was gloomy, damp and colder today.  I don't mind the cold however I wish we had some sunshine.  I've never used Microsoft Publisher and I applaud you for figuring it out.  I'm sure the neighborhood newsletter looks fabulous.  Nothing on AM Style rocked my world either Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise