Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, Feb. 23)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We still have a little snow on the ground, but most of it melted yesterday afternoon.  It snowed until 2:00 p.m. or so, then the sun came out briefly, and then we had light rain.  I saw that Tucson got 2 inches of snow, but I don't know how much we got.  There was a hard freeze last night, and they were warning us about icy spots this morning.  Crazy weather.  Still chilly here today (high in the upper 40's or possibly 50 degrees predicted), but it  should warm up starting tomorrow, and should reach 70 degrees on Tuesday.  Our normal high for this time of the year is 70 degrees, and I wish this year was more normal.  LOL

The TSV really looks nice, but I don't have any need so I'll pass.  I have not watched the other garden shows, but it is probably best for me not to be too tempted.

Glad your goat is pregnant, Charlene.  Hope all goes well with her.

DH's DD called yesterday evening, and we had a nice chat.   I also received an invitation to the 90th birthday celebration of one of our friends husband.  That should be fun.

Nothing exciting planned for the day -- laundry and financial review plus the usual exercise and walking.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, Feb. 23)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm happy that you had a niice talk with DH's DD, as well as the snow being a thing of the past. A  90th birthday is a significant achievement for your friend's DH.

I went to  the city and had lunch with a friend and intended to go to WalMart to get groceries. I think everyone had the same idea as the WalMart lot was packed. I wasn't feeling the best so I decided to come home instead of fighting the crowds. I just wasn't in the mood to do that.

I do like the TSV. I am trying to convince myself that I have done without it so I still can do without it. Right now, I have the Bliss hammock chairs on my deck.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm sure snow on the ground has got to be weird for you.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I've been thinking about the TSV too.  I'm leaning towards the white birch.  I asked myself just how many times I sat on the patio last year with the chairs I have already.  If I go by that, I probably shouldn't order the TSV Woman Very Happy

I have two of these (cheapies) from the home depot.  MIne are a little darker, not quite navy and have a fake woodgrain appearance.

Related image

I do like the idea of the picnic table aspect, even 1/2 a picnic table (if I buy one).  If my sister comes over and we eat outside, the table would be there in lieu of the banged up, semi rusted old card table that I have to cover with a throw away plastic table cloth to make it presentable.

What color is appealing to you?

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small glass topped plastic table and chairs on the back patio, but I rarely sit there.  DH and I used to sit outside under the covered patio a lot, but then we had the "Arizona room" put where the roof for the patio was, so there is no shade over the patio.  I bought one of those umbrellas, but it is just way too much work to get things up just for a meal when I could easily eat in the Arizona room and have a nice view.  

I do sit on the front porch and read sometimes, but there really isn't much room for the TSV bench.  

The white birch is nice, and I also like some of the wood grain (tan) ones.  It does sound like you might use it, Bernie.  Definitely better than the one you have.

Sorry the Wal-Mart was so crowded, Jean.  Ours has been crazy busy lately, which is probably due to our "winter visitors".  Hope you love the TSV if you order it.  I think it is so pretty and practical.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, snow on your ground would be crazy and maybe a little fun for the snow lovers like me.  It is nice that your dh's dd keeps in touch with you.  Have fun at the 90th birthday party.  My mil is 93 years oldold &  we gave her a nice pool/birthday party at one my dh's brothers placeplace . The pool party was in August and just a couple of weeks before her birthday.  We gave my mom a 90th birthday & a 95th birthday party.  At 90 she was in good shape, but not so much at 95.  It's the thoughts that counted though.

Jean, I like the TSV, but I don't think that we would use it too much.  I like your Bliss recliner.  It's too bad that your Wal-Mart was so busy, but it was nice that you had a good lunch out.

Bird Mama, the TSV looks nice, but I have a wooden glider on our front porch.  I like your cheapie Home Depot chairs.

CERB, I didn't know that your goat was pregnant.  Good luck to her.

I had a running around morning starting at our bank.  I ordered some checks in January and they were supposed to be free.  Yesterday when we got our checking account statement, we were billed for $106.  The automated message said that they were free, so I ordered 4 boxes of them.  The Teller told me that we are Privilege Plus Members, but we are only allowed one FREE box a year.  I told her that they needed to change the auto message.  They are calling me back on Monday.  Then I went to the library.

I made my DH the ripe olives/green olives/cream cheese and sour cream dip that he has been wanting since Christmas.  Then I made him a batch of SF fudge that he wanted at Christmas time.  Since I had January labs Dr/lab ppointments today was the day.

We had freezing rain all last night, & the tree's were beautiful this morning.  Then the rain this morning did some major thawing.  We might get a little bit of snow tonight and then very windy tomorrow.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

I debated and debated and decided to try to convert a bench tsv in the sierra timber option.  I wanted something less glossy and sierra timber looks more matte.  

I think it was the first summer that we lived in this house that my husband bought a swing like this.  It was naked wood, I think pressure treated, looked like a blonde oak (but it wasn't).  He stained and glossed it and we used to sit on it in the evenings in the summer.  After he died, I reglossed it and no matter what I did, the joy of being on the swing was gone so I gave it to my youngest niece when she was pregnant.  I figured could rock her baby on it. 

I think part of me went with the sierra timber option because it reminded me, in a way, of that swing. I'll still keep my blue woodgrain plastic adirondack chairs (they match my shutters).  

Image result for wood bench swing

Esteemed Contributor

Great choice, Bernie.  Sweet story.