Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Saturday, December 5th

@KonaKat

Gurl, get out of my head, lol.

My sister Mary and I were talking about Logan's Run (boy was Michael York beautiful) just the other day when we were kvetching about health care.

The subject of establishing expiration dates for people came up.  She brought up Logan's Run and I brought up Soylent Green (okay I took it to another level).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, What a rude little brat.  Our DS & DDIL come to CHGO as there is no direct flight to Madison from Boston.  Our DDIL was a nurse in the CHGO area for quite a long time & has lots of friends in the area too.  In fact, her matron of honor at their wedding has triplets & they always make time to see her family.  Two at a time would be fun but not 3 at a time.  The tree is up & the decorating will be done tomorrow.  Anything with lights on it makes me happy.  Right now I am very easy to please.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That is wild!! Some of those movies may have seemed unlikely at the time they originated, but the premise behind them may well become a reality. Who knows?

Twinny--I thought they could take a flight to Chicago and connect to Madision, which is what I did. Non-stop flights don't exist except between major cities in many cases. Now, we have the hub system with flights connecting to the hub and the cities the hub serves.

I am so good today. I didn't purchase any WEN but I did get another Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets. I have two of them from prior years. They are great!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I should have ordered this blanket when I had the chance.  As it is, I needed the twin and it's on waitlist so I looked at the full, also on waitlist :-(

Berkshire Oversized Queen Tribal Print Faux Mink & Sherpa Blanket - H206356

Edited to add - I did order Lessman eye vitamins today.  They dropped the price on the bottle of 180 and offered free shipping.  Couldn't resist.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You have to love those price changes and being able to keep on top of them all.Sorry you missed out on the blanket.

I ordered about an hour ago the Lessman cholesterol fighting dark chocolate special he was selling today. I thought about it for a long time since I first saw it presented after Midnight.  Now, I'm having mixed feelings about it. Pricely, little item if you order enough to be able to tell if it helps.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat

I can't tell you about his cholesterol lowering products.

I can tell you about Cholest Off plus by nature made.  I just bought a two pack (each bottle has 200 soft gels) from the Amazon (lol) for under $50.

My DH was on cholesterol lowering medication.  I don't know if it was Lipitor or what - it was one of the original RX's for it.

So, through diet and exercise he did well on the HDL and LDL.  His triglycerides were a problem.  So they put him on one of the new ones at the time - can't remember if it was Crestor back then.

Some patients can experience something called rhabdomyolysis when on statin drugs.  Well, wouldn't you know, DH got it and had to be backed off of whatever the newer medication was at the time.  Suffice it to say, that experience ruined him for all statin drugs.

His doctor recommended Cholest Off.  Didn't really do squat for the triglycerides, but didn't hurt him either.

So, in 2013 I go for bloodwork for the first time in like 5 years.  Not only do I have a shot thyroid (which explained ALOT of how I was feeling) but my LDL is 196 (kind of heart attack walking).   I learn that a hypothyroid can mess with LDL, so when doctor says I want you on a statin I say, sorry Charlie, no can do.

I start taking synthroid for the thyroid and then without talking to the doctor decide to integrate some Cholest Off plus, one pill with breakfast, one with lunch starting in like March 2014.

I go for bloodwork in July 2014 and my LDL is 141.

So, was it the synthroid or the cholest off that dropped it?  Don't know but have not stopped taking the cholest off.

I owe my doctor blood - I really need to call the office and ask if he put his wish list together when I saw him (he was rushing that day) in October.

I am very interested to see how well my LDL is maintaining.