Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, August 24th)

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ladies!  Glad you had such a nice birthday, Bernie.  

I don't have much new news about, Jean.  She posted on FB this morning that she is still in the hospital, and was waiting for breakfast.  Also, that they were doing a lot of bloodwork (every four hours, I think).  Someone asked what happened, and she said it was a "long story".  Hopefully, she will recover soon.  If you are reading this Jean -- sending lots of prayers your way.

It was pretty nice this morning -- low 70's for my walk, and it is not expected to make it to 100 degrees for a few days at least.

I will be doing my usual Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review, plus going on a hospice visit this afternoon.

Nothing else to report.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, August 24th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   thanks for the update on Jean.

Hey Jean @KonaKat  if you see this, I'm praying for you Woman Happy

Earlier this morning I threw on an old french terry cardigan that I bought from the Q almost a decade ago (lol) and pruned the evergreen shrub just inside the side gate (narrow piece of property and sidewalk that runs along the garage).  I just finished mowing the front yard and am taking a break.  It's so nice to do this work in cool and breezy weather.  I have a 4th birthday party for youngest great niece tomorrow and by Monday I think it's going to be warmer with a chance of rain.

Once I get the backyard done I need to swing by the ATM and get some money for great niece's birthday card. 

Right now I'm contemplating lunch.  I'm not really hungry and don't have a taste for anything.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Happy belated birthday, Bernie. It sounds as if you had a fun day.🎂🎂🎂

Hope we hear from Jean soon

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1   I really did have a great day and thank you for the birthday wishes.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today, and thank you for the update on Jean.  Glad you are getting your walks in early, I don't envy your weather.  We are having a cool spell, and I am loving it.

Jean - Hope you are doing better and get back to Midnight quickly.

Bernie -  Happy belated birthday!!!  Hope you had a good day.  Have fun at your niece's birthday party.

Not much happening here, DH is still having sciatic problems.  I have been chauffeur here, he can not ride anywhere except my back seat.  We have to get an appt. for a back injection to relieve the pain.  We are waiting to the doctor to make the appt.  

Well off to watch some TV.  Our new favorite is Midsommer Murders on Netflix.    Hope everyone has a great evening.