Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., May 11th)

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon (or morning) everyone Woman Happy

I woke up early for a Saturday (6 am) and decided to stay up.  Watched some of A.M. Style then headed off to the pet cemetery to put out the spring summer solar lighting.  

I literally bumped into these in Meijer's a week or so before Easter.

IMG_2599 (310x400).jpg

These are solar and there is dainty fairy light stations that come on when it's dark.  Since my Ma's ashes are with her beloved dog, even though I always did nice decor for both dogs (mine and hers) I do try to step up the decor now that she's there too, lol.

I mailed my dental/vision COBRA bill at the post office and have pretty much been putzing around the house since.  I check my VISA and AMEX accounts online a couple of times a week to make sure nothing fishy is going on.  Because it had been 12 years since I received my AMEX card, I guess the company felt it was a good idea to ask me about my income.  I was honest about the decrease in annual income.

All I can say is wow, they move fast.  I only ever had a credit line of 11,600 and they dropped it to 7,440.  I immediately checked their version of FICO and didn't see a drop in that.  I'll check that again next month.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., May 11th)

@Bird mama : Read about your Amex. Every time I log in to check my account that request for my income comes up. Our income hasn’t changed but it annoys me enough that I won’t give it to them.

They say in that request it’s to better help the customer....they helped you all right.

I pay off every month and never get close to my limit. That is so interesting that they lowered yours so quickly. 

I guess on the one hand it’s good to keep people from overspending but they have your long time records and can see you have control.

Spent the morning digging up some spent spring flowers and worked the bed and put fresh fertilizer. Wanted to go to the nursery to stock up on replacements to plant tomorrow but the sun's too hot. Will do that early tomorrow.

Even though I don’t join you guys I really enjoy your posts. You’re a lovely woman.

Have a great weekend

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie   Amex hasn't made so much as a dime in interest off of me since I got the card.  If they want to reduce my limit, okay.  If they want to cancel the card, okay.  I use their money and they get nothing for it Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I don't respond to those requests for current income. I have large credit lines but have never used more than 10% of them, and that was for a special purpose. I have an Amex but haven't seen a request for income lately. I've always paid it in full despite them trying to get me to buy, buy, buy, take out loans, etc. I don't like that AMEX has quit giving a true Experian FICO score but is using a Vantage score.

I'm tired as I got up at 5am to get ready to go to Columbus, Ohio. It is 166 miles from my house but it is a beautiful drive and I'm quite willing to drive that distance to save thousands on hearing aids. For those that don't know, Costco is now the largest provider of hearing aids in the nation, ranking only behind the VA. They do provide a quality product and would not have gone back to replace the ones I got 5 years ago if my original pair had not worked well at a fabulous price.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama : Same here except I don’t think it’s their business since I never carry a balance.