Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., June 19th)

Good Morning all,  not too much is going on in my neck of the woods.  I went to my annual endocrinologist appointment on Thursday morning.  I had a 10:30 am appointment, got there a little early and still didn't get out until 11:30 am.  Half that time was spent waiting to get into the exam room and then waiting for the doctor, sigh.  They took blood and based on the results posted in the portal my TSH and T3 doesn't look that different from past years so I'm pretty sure my RX won't change.  I've been lucky - the dose of Synthroid hasn't changed in 8 years.

Masks were required at the office and I didn't mind one bit.  Restrictions for my state are being removed early - this Monday.  I'm not there yet and will likely continue to mask up around crowds of unfamiliar people.

The Q finally shipped my Steel by Design bracelet and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Jean - I'm so sorry that you got stung with high dollar repair charges on your car.  I need to make an appointment for an oil change.  I still haven't hit 10,000 miles on my car, lol.  I bought it in October 2017.

We got rain twice yesterday morning and are looking at rain today.  Many of the really bad storms went south of my town, more along the Ohio border.  Folks at the Michigan/Ohio border always get hit with storms.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., June 19th)

Hi Everyone!

We have another round of storms that moved in yesterday and are forecasted to remain for a week. UGH!!! The tree crew still arrived arrived late afternoon and cleared the huge limbs from our neighbors yard. We expect the entire crew on Monday for 5 days. There's a chance we may see a fw guys this weekend depending on the weather. In the mean time we are outside gathering the smaller branches and stacking them in piles away from the downed trees. We sure know how to have fun around here.

I did watch some of AM Style this morning. I sure like the Kim Gravel line the more I see the details. That may be the new line I purchase for my DIL for her work clothes. She's built like a petite version of KG.

I like Sketchers but am still not sure about the "woven" top. I thought it might be more accomodating to bunions, etc but would it snag/tear in rose bushes? It was an easy "no" for me today.

Mask wearing changes weekly in our state. They have everyone confused. I keep wearing mine because of my health issues. I'll wait for the "all clear" from all of them which I think may be after the 4th of July.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry for the wait at the endocrinologist office, but glad the results seem to be okay. 

I thought I didn't drive much, but I think you have me beat.  Of course, I haven't done much driving at all since COVID and even before then after DH wasn't able to travel.  The garage commented on the fact that the car doesn't have 60,000 miles on it yet -- it was purchased 12 years ago next month.  

Hope you like the bracelet and the storms don't cause any problems.

Good that the tree clean-up is underway, Fressa.   I am attracted to the Kim Gravel line as well, but I am definitely not built like Kim.  I really like the pants and capris I have ordered from her, but the two tops just hung on me.  I think I might need to size down next time I order.  Hopefully not soon since I have so many clothes.

I like the TSV shoes, but just didn't feel that I could take a chance on sizing, etc., given the expense of returns if that became necessary.

Another too hot day here, and the excessive heat warnings are supposed to continue through tomorrow night.  We had a brief power outage yesterday afternoon, and I panicked.  Thank goodness the power came back on.  

I went to the pool again yesterday, and the water was a bit too warm even for me, which is saying something.  The great part is that I ran into a couple I know, and we had a good time catching up.  The wife asked, and I gratefully accepted my first in-person hug since COVID.  We were so grateful we made it through the virus okay.

There are no COVID restrictions here (masks, social distance, etc., etc.), but some places (like medical facilities, nursing homes, etc.) are allowed to require masks.  I still wear mine when I go out to the grocery store, etc., but not to the pool or on my morning walks.

I made yet another Amazon purchase this morning -- storage canister for whole wheat flour.  I hadn't used the whole wheat flour in a while, and discovered the top (Tupperware container) was ajar -- three bugs were in the flour!   I will not buy more flour until the new container arrives.  I have some ice Lock and Lock, but went with the Rubbermaid Brilliance type since I could receive it so much sooner than from here.  By the way, the Brilliance type doesn't get the "pitting" from tomato sauce, etc. as some other containers.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it looks like you had a good Dr. appt. despite the wait time.  They are pretty quick at our local clinic and my Infusion Center.  I like your Steel by Design bracelet and wished that I had seen the show.  I bought several things years ago and still have a favorite pair of hoops that I wear often.  We got a few good showers this week too & could use more.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and Monday.

Fressa, I missed seeing that you got a lot of storm damage.  Sorry about having to have a lot of trees cut down.  Pricey I am sure.  Those woven top shoes look hot to me.  I like to watch KG presentations. 

Linda L, sorry about the power outage, but it's a good thing it was a short one.  That's even too long in such hot weather.  The pool would be my favorite place to hang out.  It's extra nice to meet friends that you haven't seen for a while.  I say YUCK to the bugs in your flour container.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy week.  On Monday, we spent two hours walking around my families cemetery looking at all of the different options we have for a marble bench. We know what we want, but we are waiting for the lady that sells the monuments to call us back.

We left on Tuesday morning for Two Rivers which is about 3 1/2 hours away.  The weather was perfect.   Upper 50:s at night and low 70:s by day.  We stayed two nights at a very nice campground right on the waters edge with a lot of beautiful yachts.  It was so much fun getting sand in our toes again.  The waters are very cold, so we didn't swim in it.

On Wednesday, we headed for Door County.  It's a nice drive.  They have a lot of  places to spend your $$.  We bought a couple of SF cherry jams and a couple pkgs of cherry chocolate coffee.  Yum.  Yum.  We got back home on Thursday night and were tired, but it was a Good Tired.  I

Yesterday was a hot 85°.  Ugh.  It was a good laundry day though.  I am with Bird Mama and Fressa.  The 100's would be a big no go for both of us too.  We have traveled in September a few times where it was a dry hot day and we couldn't wait to get out of there.  It was like an oven.  

We just got back from the cheese factory.  Our 2nd dgs graduated from HS a couple of weeks ago & we are meeting him and his Dad for a fun lunch on Monday after I get done with my infusion.  We bought him a couple of pounds of the Orange Rind Muenster & a pkg of sausage beef sticks which we just got with our 1/2 of a side of beef.  They are his favorite things as he eats no sweets. We wanted to give him something fun to open along with the card and $$$.  

it was nice to get into the hot tub this morning.  It's hot so I am enjoying the A/C.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and Monday morning, but we still need it.  My tomatoes are loving this weather.  

Glenda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glenda @twinny70   I never saw the bracelet presented and I hope I don't regret that Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise