Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat. August 27th)

[ Edited ]

Hello all, what's cooking?

It's a beautiful day here, sun is shining, not too hot, light breeze.  I stumbled across the news about flooding in Pakistan.  My God, the film footage is horrific Woman Surprised

I mowed the grass today and it was a pleasure.  Even if it wears me out a little I've much to be grateful for.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat. August 27th)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad the weather is so nice there, and you were able to mow the lawn.  I have not seen the video of the flooding in Pakistan, but I have heard that it is just terrible.

It is hot and a bit humid here (having some sprinkles at the moment), so I am staying indoors with the AC and ceiling fan going.  It was even a little hot on my early morning walk, but I did some weeding afterwards.  Homeowners are responsible for weeding the alleys behind their homes, and a huge number of weeds had popped up after the rains we have been having.  

I'm feeling more energetic today, and did an exercise DVD.  I did one yesterday as well, but felt pretty tired afterward.  Hope to go to the gym tomorrow after church if I feel up to it.  I have not been to the gym all month due to my trip and COVID.

While it certainly wasn't a need, I ordered an IM waffle knit top this morning.  I had been watching it for months, and the price was good, so I took advantage of the free shipping.  And, Rakuten had a very good rebate today (8%).  Still waiting to get my SG blazer.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Glad you were able to get the mowing completed. The hubby is doing that today but not the back hill. It's way too hot and this is his first day outside from the poison "whatever" that he has on his legs. We were going to plant the other half of the patio yard with grass but have decided to wait until this week. 

The township came by this past week and painted the lines on the street gettting ready for school buses. There are a few tax $ at work. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte- Glad that you are feeling a bit better each day. It sounds like you got quite the bardain on those purchases. I love that when it happens. I was so preoccupied with dealing with a lost bill situation that I forgot all about the free shipping day. I finally managed to get the late fee off my account as I pay my bills weekly as they arrived. This charge changed their cycle and mail the bill the same week as the due date. I don't care for that so I won't use that card anymore. They also stated that the "courtesy credit" was a once in a lifetime of the card. Yesterday I had myself upset wondering what happend to the original bill but then decided that I'll just not use it at all,  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Another hot day here -- looks like it might rain, but no rain is predicted.  

Sorry about the lost bill issue, Fressa.  That sort of thing drives me crazy.  I don't blame you for not wanting to use that card any longer.  Several years ago, DH convinced me that the best way to make sure that the bills were paid on time was to go the autopay route if available.  I resisted, but eventually decided to go that route.  But, I still wanted to keep track of my spending/bills, so I spend a good bit of time checking them on-line -- at least weekly, and I receive emails about the charges.  

Yesterday, I received an email about my cable bill (internet and landline, no TV) and realized it had gone up $5.  Lots of checking revealed that the service I had picked up last year after an internet outage ($5 a month so they would help solve the issue without a charge of $75 a visit) had suddenly doubled in price. 

I had not used the service in a year. and tried to negotiate to have the price reduced with no luck.  They did offer me a higher internet speed (new modem, etc.) for $5 a month plus tax.  Another words, they would get their $5 extra one way or another.  While I don't have much problem with internet speed, I do have some issues with streaming on the TV.  So, I decided to go with the offer.  Hope that I don't regret accepting it.  Supposedly, the new modem will be here on Wednesday, and I should be able to set it up by myself.  Wish me luck.  

At church today, the pastor said many of the congregation, including the music director, are out with COVID.  The county says we have low COVID rates, but I suspect that is because most cases are not being reported to the county.  

"My" gym is closed for repairs, so I went to another one.  Many different machines and not as nice, but.... I was certainly not back to my normal strength, but I was proud that I could do as much as I did.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---All of the utilitties have increased their rates here. At first it started as $5 or $10 with the gas & lights. Then it jumped much larger the last two months. We are actually using less, The increases this time is in a second line "supply tax". Gotta love it. The garbage has increased by $10/month but Ifigure thtat's the gas. They did list a few other titems they will pick up so I wasn't as bothered by that.

Most of our bills want to push us to use the atuo draft but I'm dragging my feet on that until we get a new computer system in the house.