Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - October 12th, Wednesday

Hello all,  feels like autumn in MI here and I am not complaining one bit.  Keeping busy at work.  My eldest sister, the one with GBS flew to Florida for a friend's kid's wedding.  I hope her disability doesn't prove to be problematic for her for the next few days.  She deserves a good time after what she's been through this year.  I've been praying..... alot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - October 12th, Wednesday

Hi everybody,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi02aqnq9XPAhWLaD4KHWtLDXAQjRwIBw&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuw0Xc-gfU&bvm=bv.135475266,d.cWw&psig=AFQjCNEDcnUL3D8NFDsxOLII69eGqVbuLg&ust=1476364148268830

Honored Contributor

Hi all, thanks @Bird mama for the start, I've been meaning to ask about your sister. Glad she could have a get-a-way, for a bit. I hope she doesn't have any problems. It is cooling down here  ever since early morning. down to about 54 degrees now, and cloudy.

@meallen616, cute puppy graphic. Thanks.

Not a whole lot going on here, I've been watching the crew work in my front yard. They dug up the fire hydrant, (I assume they found and fixed the leak), re-installed it. Packed all the mud they had dug up back in around it. Removed the mangled cedar tree (which was comical to watch, as it didn't appear that they knew how exactly to go about it), pretty much got things cleaned up. Once everything finally dries out, they said they would bring more dirt and smooth it over and re-seed. Gee I hope that is sometime before the snow flies, lol. Anyway, that has been my comic relief for the day. Gotta take the dog out. She's desparate, apparently, lol. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, like you we here in Chicago are also having a Fall day, rainy & cooler.  Hope your sister has a great time at the wedding, after all she's been thru it certainly is due, I'm sure she'll be fine.

@meallen616 Hi to you, & Happy Weds!

Got into one closet (again) today, sorting sweat shirts, etc, items usually just worn around the house in the cooler weather, some will be worn once then tossed, (can't toss clean) not good enough to donate, why I still have them no one knows  lol  I surely have plenty of "good" stuff to wear while home.

Still waiting for a good time to get the deck furniture, etc, put away, probably will regret not doing it sooner but that seems to be usual.

Waves & Hugs to all, enjoy the rest of the day

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I hope your sister has a great time in Florida, and you enjoy your MIchigan Fall days.

meallen--Thanks for the cute puppy graphic. I may be a cat lover but I also appreciate cute puppy pics.

Snicks--You had some interesting entertainment. Why is it that I think the crew will forget to add the dry dirt, etc. before the snow flies? It can be false promises have played a factor but hopefully that won't be a reality for you.

Essie--Good luck on the sorting, etc. As I wear something that is older, I am now making a decision as to its future. I'm sure that some will be worn around the house but I need to limit the number of those.

I worked today and it was a very good day. I start my physical therapy tomorrow for the displaced vertebrae. Right now, it isn't bothering me that much but that can rapidly change ranging from severe pain to numbness and tingling.

I read part of the thread on shopping malls. I used to love to hang out in malls, but lately the selection hasn't appealed to me. The mall in the city near me acquired new owners last year, with lease prices going up. As a result, some small shops are relocating at the end of the lease to lower priced small shopping areas in the same city.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is cool here too & I am loving every minute of it.  I am so glad that your eldest sister is able to do some traveling after a rough year.  

meallen, such an adorable graphic.

SNICK's. I hope that the job gets done to your satisfaction.  Frustrating for sure.

Spix, I like to declutter &  reorganize my closets.  It is a good winter hobby for me, since I can no longer ice skate or go on sleigh rides.

Jean, I am glad that you had a good day at work.  Prayers that your PT is successful.  I used to like mall shopping, but now I am only good for one store.  People watching is my new hobby.

My infusion went good on Monday.  Yesterday we met friends for lunch & beat the guys at cards.  

DH & I got flu shots today & no sore arms.  Then we went to see our fun accordion band.

After seeing the lawyer 2 weeks ago, I am waiting once again for him to call me about signing off on mom's estate.  I am so glad he wasn't in charge of selling mom's house.

I am not liking it getting dark so early.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening Ladies!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is still pretty warm here, but not as hot as yesterday when it reached 95 degrees.  

Nothing exciting to report from here.  I have visited DH once today, but I want to go again in a couple of minutes.  Hopefully, I can feed him dinner.  

When I visited this morning, they had a Zumba chair session, and it was lots of fun.  DH even tried to do a couple of things, and he enjoyed watching me as well.  I had made some banana bread, which they gave the residents for dessert after lunch.  I think some at least enjoyed it.  

Good luck tomorrow, Jean.  Waves to meallen, snicks, Essie, twinny (that lawyer would be driving me crazy as well), and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I woke up this morning to a lot of anxiety.  Had to run some errands - took my "old" boss a birthday cake and brownies (that made me very happy), got car registration and a prescription. Came home then went to lunch with my bestie. We had a good time as usual.  Got our favorite ice cream - an Austin brand.

Came home and actually took a nap with DH.  When I woke up I got busy and loaded clothes and cups/glassware today.  That was my goal and I'm about done and feeling good about what I've done.  Everything is getting bare.  What I'm putting in the little RV for my friends is the things we are using now.