Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Oct 31, Wednesday)

Happy Halloween to all who celebrate.  I have had my string of pumpkin lights in the front window as well as other decorations up for nearly a month now.  I'll probably take most of the Halloween-specific decorations down tomorrow.  But, most of my Fall decorations are fine for Thanksgiving as well.  I love pumpkins and colorful leaves, so that is most of what I have.  While I live alone, I still enjoy decorating the house -- probably silly, but harmless.

It is sunny and nice here -- high should be around 70 degrees or so.  Nothing exciting planned here for sure.  

I ordered the TSV sheets for one of my grandsons yesterday.  I guess he enjoys being toasty warm.  No TSV for me today.  I already have a Keurig from here -- purchased three years ago, I think.  It is larger, but I have a place for it on a rolling cart in my "Arizona room" where I have breakfast everyday and lunch when it isn't too hot.  

Yesterday I was contacted by text from a lady in my caregivers group who lost her husband recently.  I sent her a card, and she didn't recognize my name.  Perfectly understandable since I didn't know her name either before I asked the leader of our group.  She is having a very difficult time with her husband's death.  I'm sure prayers for Bev would be appreciated.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Oct 31, Wednesday)

Happy Halloween

Image result for halloween cookies and cupcakes

Thanks for getting us started today Linda @LindaLatte

I'm sure your grandson will enjoy the TSV sheets.  I'm not buying the TSV either however I think it's great that the manufacturer made a more streamlined model.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About a year after I joined Consumer Cellular for my mobile phone service I bought something called a home base that allowed me to leave AT&T for home phone service and still keep the phone number.  Basically the landline transitioned to another cell line but I didn't care, I wanted to keep the phone number because it was 'our' number.

When I lost power recently the home phone was useless Woman LOL  The base that the phone is plugged into requires electricity.

Today I was puttering around trying to call forward the home number to the cell number.  I tried everything that I read online and it was just not happening.  Discourage, I online chatted with Consumer Cellular about my issue.  I received the same instructions, did it all again and nothing.  When we got to the point of me needing to call in I asked if I could make plan change via chat.

I got rid of the fair trade/square trade (whatever it's called) for the cell phones (me and my sister's) because the phones are 3 years going on 4 years old and we are looking for new models anyway.  $6 a month for old phones seemed stupid.  I also said, let's end the home phone too.

I guess after all of these years, I'm ready.  It really makes no sense to keep the phone/base on the kitchen counter when the thing is useless with a power outage.

I spent well over an hour calling everyone and their grandmother (that I could think of) to change the 'home phone' number.  Gas company, electric company, credit cards, Fidelity, State Farm, Retirement Administration.  I took care of my bank and QVC online.

I'm tired from talking to all of those people.  I lied on a couple of calls and said it was a home phone.  That was after I told the first couple that the updated number was a cell phone and that I didn't want them texting me from here to the end of time, lol.

My family tends to reach out to me on the cell.  I'll contact the inlaws in AZ and let them know not to call the old home phone number.

Lots of work.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm sure your decorations are lovely and it makes sense to use many that extend throughout the Fall season. I'm sure that you  will be a healing force for many who are grieving or facing it.

Bernie--I just finished my first month with Consumer Cellular and have been very satisfied with it and customer service. I still have a land line.

I worked today after being called at 7am. Thankfully, it was an easy day.  I'm not scheduled to work tomorrow but am to work on Friday. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody - got back from our trip to Virginia late yesterday.  Had a great time.  Been catching up on a lot of stuff around the house today.  I'll try to post more tomorrow.  Hope everyone has been well  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xlvDoVriogQ/VBueldQcvnI/AAAAAAAB2Go/PbGBEg5nwHE/s1600/Happy%2BHalloween%2B1.pnghttps://www.columbuspubliclibrary.info/sites/www.columbuspubliclibrary.info/files/images/events/Trick-or-Treat-Bags-Black1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Welcome back home Charlene @cerb