Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time- November 21, Monday

Hello shopping friends, I hope each of you is having a good day.  It feels like Winter is at the back door around here.  I'm busy at work (not complaining).

It will be a short week - my company gives us Thursday and Friday.  I think I've ask for the following Monday as a vacation day, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time- November 21, Monday

Hi everybody,

Image result for shopping memes

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are busy at work.  It is cooler and very windy here today, but not cold.  It rained a little last night, and they were predicting more rain, but it doesn't look like it is going to rain anytime soon.

Funny graphic, meallen.  I think DD has had that experience.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, snicks, Essie, Susan, Marijane, twinny, Charlene, Barbara, Karen, butterfly, 3suwm5, Karen, Rosa, LindaR, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

The brunch was nice yesterday, but longer than expected.  Also, the hostess just talked and talked some more.  I was hoping to hear more from the other guests, but....

DH seems to be doing well, and there is a very nice caregiver there (yesterday and today).  Unfortunately, he is just on loan from a different facility since he seemed to be very good with the residents.  One of DH's Thanksgiving decorations is completely missing, and I know the culprit.  The new lady seems to move all sorts of things around, including other people's clothing.  At least she isn't getting into their beds now.

I made a pecan pie for them this morning, and they seemed to like it.  I was planning to wait until Thanksgiving, but they have all sorts of desserts planned.  Also baked some sweet potatoes and roasted some beets for myself as long as the oven was on.  The kitchen smells great.

Plan to go to the store to pick up a few things and do some cleaning.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Bernie - thanks for getting us started.  Have you seen any sign of Rocky?  Meallen - thanks for the graphics.  Linda - even though I'm in CA and you're in AZ, I think our weather patterns are quite similar.  We got some rain last night.  Always so happy to get rain.  Hope your DH continues to heal from his falls.  The pecan pie sounds good.

After being busy Friday and Saturday at the yard sale, on Sunday I woke up with a ferocious migraine.  Felt nauseous and slept most of the day.  My DH was kind and took good care of me.  Today I am doing a bit of laundry and ironing.  Don't want to do too much.  

Even as I type this, my DD is taking her National Veterinary Boards.  Hoping and praying that she passes.  She takes the state licensing exams after the holidays, and then still has to finish earning her DVM in May.  Tomorrow morning I am going to my DM's house and then we are going shopping for Thanksgiving groceries together.  I told her I would do all the carrying and put everything away for her.  

Hope everybody's prep for Thanksgiving goes smoothly (even if that means making reservations to go out to eat!)  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, our weather about the same as yours, we knew it was coming so I really enjoyed what we did have.

@meallen616, HAH that's me this coming Weds

@LindaLatte, Pecan pie sounds yummy, I've never made one as I'm the only one that would eat it.  Glad to hear DH is healing but they should watch that lady a bit more, does it upset the others?

@cerb glad the migraine has ebbed & you're feeling better.  As i've said big accomplishment for you DD, I'm sending hugs her way for the big test.

Had no intention of going out today but of course needed a few items & also to gas up the car,  Did get the upstairs cleaned or what passes for it  lol, tomorrow will tackle the downstairs, the kitchen will be a waste of time,  what with all the cooking to be done, but at least I'll know I did it

Waves & Hugs to All

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is sunny & 40 today.  Friday was windy here.  Have fun on your 4 day vacation.  My company had its busy season at Christmas, so we were lucky to get Thanksgiving off.  

meallen, nice graphic.  I was like that when I was working, but retirement is such a blessing to us.

CERB, Prayers for you & your DD.  I think that it is worse for us parents.  I was a wreck when our DS was taking his boards for his DC degree in 1996 & again in 2016 when he earned his DPT.   Too bad about your migraine.  

Linda L, pecan pie sounds wonderful.  Hopefully your DH 's Thanksgiving item returns.  Mom's home didn't have any "roamers" but the new lady that replaced mom seems to want to "rule the roost.". 

DH & I had our labs/6 month checkup this morning.  All is well.  WHEW!  Now I am hoping that my Colonoscopy follow-up tomorrow has good results.

We had lunch at the clinic as we were both fasting.  There was a Craft fair going on, so I purchased a bar of lye soap for $3.00 & a nice scrubbie for $2.00.  

I went to Shopko for my emla cream.  They were out of it last Friday.  Exciting I know.

I am anxiously waiting for my clinic to get their faxed order for my new infusion orders.  Not there when I had my labs done at the oncology dept.  Good thing that my IV is 11 days away.

DH is blowing leaves again.  The trees are bare but the leaves came from somewhere.

Our church's Thanksgiving meal was wonderful yesterday.  I had lots of things to choose from without going off the deep end.

Supper is BBQ chicken & baked potatoes in there oven.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, and thanks @Bird mama for the start. Glad you are busy, but not swamped. Makes for a good work day. We've had cold mornings for a couple days now, but into the 40's up to about 50 during the day. Hope you enjoy your long holiday weekend. Do you have plans?

@meallen616, lol, love that graphic, been there, done that.

@LindaLatte, sorry the hostess was long winded yesterday, would have been nice to let others speak too. Glad to hear your DH is doing nicely, and that he's had a nice caregiver for a few days, too bad he's only on loan. Your pecan pie sounds great.

@cerb, I'm sorry the overload of work to help with the yard sale resulted in a migraine for you. Keeping your DD in my thoughts as she takes her boards. I'm betting she does fine. My Thanksgiving prep was making reservations, lol, and it's all done, except I will make pumpkin pie for here at the house in the evening. Gotta have that.

@spix, you sound busy as usual. Always something needing done, isn't there.

@twinny70, glad to hear your and DH's checkups went well. Hope there is no delay with your infusion, seems they've had plenty of time to get the renewal script by now

Granddaughter and I had fun together last night putting up the tree. It was funny to me, that everything we opened up to use she would say, someday I want to have something like this. I was thinking to myself, well, sweetie, you are probably getting this one of these days. She is really the only one who shows much interest in decorations and such. She will hit the jackpot one of these days, lol.

This morning I did a small amount of raking, where the leaves had piled up from the wind, burned them, vacuumed the upstairs, putzed around here with laundry and etc.

I plan to do one more big round with the leaves on Sat & Sun as temps are supposed to be back in the 50's, after that, they will stay where they land, till Spring.

Still have a few little things needing done today, then I'm calling it a day, even if it is early yet.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

spix, as soon as I wash the kitchen floors, I make a mess.  This year, DH & I are eating out, so I don't need to worry about it.  There are 4 good options in our hometown, so we will see what calls our name on Thursday.  Enjoy your company.

Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's, how fun that your DGD likes your nice things.  When mom passed away, very few things were wanted.  I ended up with things that were nice, but I really didn't want either.  My DGD would be the only one that would want my things.  I might tell my DH to put my cherished "English Mugs" in my coffin with me.  lol.  DH & I declutter often, so that is a good thing.

I just got a call from the UW- Clinic that my ivig order was just faxed to my clinic.  My clinic just called & said that my orders are good for another year.  YIPPEE!  Now I can sleep tonight.  Insurance companies drive me nuts.

I am not liking it getting dark before 5:00.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

SNICK's, how fun that your DGD likes your nice things.  When mom passed away, very few things were wanted.  I ended up with things that were nice, but I really didn't want either.  My DGD would be the only one that would want my things.  I might tell my DH to put my cherished "English Mugs" in my coffin with me.  lol.  DH & I declutter often, so that is a good thing.

I just got a call from the UW- Clinic that my ivig order was just faxed to my clinic.  My clinic just called & said that my orders are good for another year.  YIPPEE!  Now I can sleep tonight.  Insurance companies drive me nuts.

I am not liking it getting dark before 5:00.  

@twinny70, oh good. I'm glad that's all straightened out for you.

About 3 years ago I went through and decluttered my Christmas decorations, got rid of a ton. I did buy a few new things this year, just for fun. I do need to de-clutter my closet though, I keep putting it off, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".