Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - November 14th, Monday

@PAlady wrote:

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today, glad work is going well.  How is your sister doing?  Hope you don't have to rake much more.

Linda -  Hope you get some answers on DH, he may have gotten himself up this time from a fall.  He may have scared himself enough he found the strength.  I hope he doesn't have anymore problems.

Twinny -    I wish you luck tomorrow. 

Snicks -  Yes, I also have the exciting job of cleaning bathrooms today.  I will start that fun project soon.

Marijane -  Chicken pot pies sound good, I have a couple from Schwan's in the freezer, that may be supper tonight.

Butterfly -  Sorry about DH's long shifts, when we used to rake leaves, I found it very therapeutic, but we didn't have as much as what some of you have. mActuallt, we don't have trees in our yard, they come from the neighbors trees.

Went to the mall this morning to return some shoes and picked up a couple things, that is the fun for the day.  Now it is time to clean bathrooms -  I know you are all just too jealous right now..

Have a good evening everyone.

@PAlady I am so jealous, :smileywink:another never ending job, but necessary, I'll be getting at mine early next week

Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Bird Mama, it was chilly here on Saturday morning, but 40's this morning.  DH is about done with leaves as our one red maple has no leaves & the other one is getting barer each day.  My parents had a mulberry tree & pies were DELICIOUS!

SNICK'S, I made the most of another beautiful day & hung out two loads of laundry.  I am usually done hanging outside by Thanksgiving, & it is almost here.

Linda L, it sounds like your DH definitely fell.  I doubt that he did it to himself.  It is a law here  that all falls need to be reported.  Mom fell 15 times between her rehab facility & assisted living home.  I got so many calls at home that I was afraid to look at the answering machine.  She had no fear whatsoever.  I was almost never at her place when Hospice visited her, but they always called me too.

I hung laundry out & at lunch time I took my moped downtown for my walk.  I don't want to watch my DH eating when I can't.  He is grilling burgers tonight & eating them down stairs in the family room.  That is my excitement for the day.

Tonight I will be in my "Queen's room.". Not much sleep tonight as I have things to do early tomorrow morning & check in time is 6:45. 

Hugs to all of you.

@twinny70 Good Luck with the colonoscopy or I should say with the prep, treat yourself tomorrow

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@LindaLatte

I hope that your DH is feeling better and the nervousness is only temporary. I am concerned for you and DH, since the incident is still a mystery. Prayers for both of you.

@spix

Where are you? I miss you here ❤️

Good afternoon everyone, 

My husband went to work at 9:00 AM Sunday morning and finally finished at 5:00 AM Monday morning. The company is required to allow 8 hours before another shift. Needless to say it was a long shift and he was tired this morning.

The leaves are a weekly job here also. Just when you think you are finished......more leaves appear. 

I hope everyone has a blessed Monday.

@butterfly123 Hi my dear, Thanx for missing me, just been spinning my wheels.  Wow your poor DH he deserves a good rest.  Take Care :heart:

Respected Contributor

@Genny1 wrote:

Hello Ladies......sound like you are having a good day at work Bernie....it has been chilly mornings here but temps rise to high fifties during the day and sunny.....a little unusual to still be this warm but I am not complaining .

Snicks we still have a piles on leaves on the ground....we have had  two clean ups so far...they didn't come this weekend maybe they are waiting for the rest to fall,our Japanese maple has not lost one leaf yet.

That's pretty weird about your dH and no one knowing about his fall....wouldn't' somebody have to help him get up?  I hope you get answers soon Linda.

Nothimg new here, I took Charlene's idea from last week and making chicken pot pie for tonight.             

HAve a nice day .....Marijane

l

@Genny1, chicken pot pie sounds good, I rely on "Marie" for mine, not near homemade but good in a pinch

Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sounds like you are keeping up with your leaves,  and work.  I always preferred being busy at work.

Hi snicks.  It is strange not having a regular lawn out here in Arizona -- just stones and a few plants.  My yard work is mostly pulling weeds and picking up things blown into it.  I could do some shrub trimming, but I find using a landscaper so much better.

I visited DH early this morning when I took my walk, and then I returned to talk to the director and visit again.  What happened on Friday evening is still a mystery.  At least one of the caregivers speculated that DH did not fall, but just scratched his head.  I really don't think so due to the lumps, etc., but there were no witnesses to a fall who have admitted it.  The director said he will continue to look into it.  Meanwhile, DH was very nervous about sitting and standing this morning, but now seems much better.  

I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon, so I don't plan to return later.  But, I'll be here for a wile so I can feed him lunch.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

@LindaLatte, I also think DH had a fall, sorry to hear about the negligence of the facility, when my DM was in one, they called me all the time, she's ok but she tripped, fell, etc, I think it is the law, maybe State by State.  Good that he has you watching over him.

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Hello everyone, and thanks @Bird mama for the start.
I'm in the same shape you are as to the leaf raking. I got the back done yesterday. Will have another round, or two of the front and sides mostly due to neighbors not raking theirs. I haven't touched inside the pool fenced in area, ugh! I looked around in there this morning, it will take a day to get it cleaned up properly, due to not wanting to disturb the mulched areas very much.
Today I am just doing sheets, comforter, cleaning bathrooms, etc., really fun stuff let me tell you, lol. I'm waiting till I think Wednesday to do more outdoors.
Nothing interesting happening here, that's for sure, so what about the rest of the crew?
Waves to all.....

@Snicks1, Well everyone is working on their leaves, ours are still clinging to the limbs, don't know when they'll come to clean my gutters, at this rate it'll be Dec.

Btw, did get the see the Cubs section at the Bohemian Nat'l Cemetery here in Chicago, amazing, the crypt (only ashes in there no caskets) is covered in ivy, also a home plate, 4 chairs, all from Wrigley Field.  Many placks covering the walls, most say "wait till next year"  The "scoreboard" says "Cubs fans foreever, beyond the vines" people leave all sorts of memento's, baseballs, tickets, beer bottles, I'm a born & bred Chicagoan & never knew this, I am ashamed.  Did take pix with my phone but haven't been able to figure out how to post, tried experimenting but it didn't work, if I ever get it I'll post

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello everyone, it was pretty chilly (30's) this morning.  I did get the front yard done yesterday.  My neighbors aren't raking their leaves so I see one more go at it in my future before the snow flies, lol.

I'll tackle my backyard this coming weekend.  Leaves are small on the walnut tree and I'm waiting for the mulberry tree to start shedding.

Short of being busy, in a nice way, at work, not much else going on with me.

So how, is your day going?

@Bird mama, Thanx for the start, glad your work day is going well, I keep hoping for a good wind to come along & blow what leaves down I have further away :smileywink:, in what I call the "apple orchard"  6 apple trees that only produce wormy fruit, I don't bother with the leaves, let them fertilize the ground, it's a section to the side of the garage enclosed on 3 sides so really not worth bothering with, or so I say.

Honored Contributor

@spix, I did see the Bohemian Nat'l Cemetery, on FB, not in real life. Pretty amazing thing. Cubs sure do have life long loyal fans.
"To each their own, in all things".