Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Nov 9th, Friday)

Good Morning, Ladies!  Our days are certainly getting shorter, at least in terms of sunlight.  It is after 6:30 a.m. and the sun really isn't up quite yet.  In June, it can be sunny not much later than 4:30 a.m.  At least it isn't cold or stormy here.  It is cooling down, but still should make it into the 70's after a cool start (upper 40's).  I was so sorry to see the horrible fires in California once again.  Hope there is no loss of life.  

Today would have been my late  brother's 70th birthday, so I am thinking of him.  It is also my son-in-law's birthday.  My family had winter birthdays (November, December, and January), and DD's family has several  (two in November and two in December).   

I see that the Q has several good buys, but nothing that is a big "want" for me which is a good thing.  

Today is my last OLLI class (Aztecs) for the "semester" (I did not take many), and I plan to go grocery shopping after class -- mostly fresh produce.  It is amazing how much fresh produce is available here these days -- between Sprouts, 99 cent store, Safeway, etc., I find all sorts of good (and healthy) produce.  It certainly helps that I am retired and can go to several stores plus they are nearby.  I am sorry that Jean and others need to drive so far to get what they would like.

The sun is rising, and I want to head off for my walk now.  Yesterday, I received notification that since I have  walked 8,000 miles since I got my first Fitbit (about two years and four months ago).  Yikes!  I have been overdoing things, but I guess it is better than some other excesses.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Nov 9th, Friday)

Good Morning Linda @LindaLatte and thanks for starting the thread.  I awoke to snow falling and snow gathering on the trees and grass.  I doubt the snow will linger on the grass for too long.  It looks so pretty and I'm sure Twinny is with me on this Woman LOL

I feel so bad about the wildfires Woman Sad

I'm sure your brother knows that you are thinking about him Heart

I need to hit the grocery store myself.  Boy Scouts are collecting food for a local food bank tomorrow morning.  Of course, the flyer and attached plastic bag arrived last Saturday (after I had done the grocery shopping).

It would probably be easier to just write a check to the food bank (I donate to them directly) however I like to support the Scouts and encourage their community involvement.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it is starting to get lighter at 6:30 a.m , but it is also getting darker by 4:30.  I always look forward to Dec. 21st as I think that is the shortest day of the year.  We have a lot of January birthda's in both of our families.  Good job with getting that many miles on your fitbit.  We have 3 main grocery stores in the same area and they all had good deals today, so we went to all of them.  

Bird Mama. Yes, I was happy to see it snowing early this morning, but we only got 1/2".   I think that it was enough to track a 🐱🐱🐱,  but I haven't heard how many snow falls we are expected to get.  After getting a lot of 80's & 90's last summer, I will never complain about snow and cold weather.   We get several plastic bags for  donations too & we got one last week from a church that we hadn't heard of.  We usually oblige, but we have a few favorite local ones that we give a check to.  

It is nice to see the sunshine today.  After grocery shopping, we went shopping for the "Christmas Shoe Box" project for our church.

Tomorrow we are going to a cute little Swiss town for customer appreciation day.  Even though this is the shop that I severely hurt my ankle about 6 years ago, I still go there for special events. I hope to find something with my 25% off coupon.  Not a big deal I know.  Then my DH wants to fill the gas tank in the Subaru.  Gas prices are $2.69.  

On Sunday we are going to a cancer benefit for some friends of ours.  Their 45 year old  DD has Stage 4 uterine cancer & getting palliative care. It will be a sad day for all of us.    I met the mom many years ago when out dc were young. She & I worked 2nd shift and our dh's babysat.  Those were the days.  We did a lot of fun things together.

Supper is tilapia and ff.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  I'm saddened to read about your friend's daughter's illness.  She's so young Woman Sad 

I paid 2.45 per gallon at the tank yesterday

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Walking over 8,000 miles since getting your FitBit is quite an accomplishment. I agree that the Q has some bargains right now, but is it saving money if one buys something just because it is on sale and not really needed? The California fires are a sad situation.

Twinny--I'm glad you got your snow as you like it so much.It is truly sad when a young person is faced with cancer of a fatal nature. It is good that you found good deals on groceries in your area. I do hope you find something special in the Swiss town when you visit.

Bernie--I did my grocery shopping in the city yesterday as the prices are so much better and the variety of foods is also much better, Despite using 3 gallons of gas for the round trip, the savings on the foods justifies the trip as I can get so much more for my money. I also filled up with gas while there as the price was $2.65 a gallon but is $2.89 here.

We have the s---w word in the forecast for some areas of our state . I even heard some students referring to "the four letter word in the fforecast." 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw this and couldn't resist posting it with the love of some for snow. Yes, it is pretty but it can be treacherous. How is this for advice?

snowadvice.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat   Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I am surprised that my DH doesn't drive to MI to fill the gas tank in the Subaru.  Yesterday he filled our mopeds  & it cost him $1.25 for mine and $1.50 for his.  For some reason, he hates spending $$$ at the gas station.  I think that it started when we were dating and he had to pay his folks a buck or two when he came to see.m

Jean. If I lived in your area, I wouldn't love ❄❄❄ either.  It is worth your drive to get a good variety of groceries & cheaper ⛽⛽⛽ prices.  Neither of us ever had to drive to work.  We either mopeded or walked.