Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Nov 14th, Wednesday)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We are having mostly sunny, but colder than normal weather again today.  And, the cold wind is supposed to kick up again.  I was very uncomfortable on the first part of my walk, and I think I will try a different route tomorrow (not so much shade.)   The irony is that I spend much of the year searching for shade, and there really is not too much of it where I live.

The house felt chilly to me, and I turned up the heat to 65 degrees to get some of the chill off.  It is still pretty chilly (64 degrees according to the thermostat.)  I plan to go to the Post Office in a few minutes, so I guess I will wait until I return before turning it up again.  While twinny, Bernie, and others may enjoy cooler weather and snow, that does not apply to me (or Jean) for sure.

The senior lunch program went pretty well, and I volunteered to help out with the Thanksgiving meal they are having next Wednesday.  This means I will have two Thanksgiving meals (one there and another at church on Thursday).  I will probably do a little extra cooking for me, but no turkey, etc.  Just too many leftovers.

I saw that Jean's area might have some nasty weather, and perhaps DD's area as well.  Hope that the weather does not cause any problems for our posters and readers.

Your pictures on FB are great, Charlene.  Looks like a great trip.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Nov 14th, Wednesday)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  it's pretty chilly here too.  I had to make a quick trip to the post office to mail my dental/vision COBRA payment and it was 29 degrees, according to the car, lol.

While I've appreciated the invitations (2012 - 2017) from my eldest sister and then her eldest daughter for Thanksgiving, I went into the season this year wanting to stay at home.  On Sunday, middle sister didn't want to come over for TG dinner.  I'm not a foodie so it makes no difference to me.  Yesterday she said she was coming over for TG dinner so I've been making my list of what I need from the store.

She's going to make sauerkraut and kielbasa and a butter bean dish.  I need to tell her to skip cheesy potatoes - it's just 2 of us and that really was not part of 'our traditional meal'.  I guess i want a dinner like Ma made.

I'm actually not a bad cook, especially when I'm cooking for someone else.  I won't be making a full bird.  Probably more like a turkey breast, which I will be sending home with sister, lol.

Sara Lee makes a really good 'bake at home' apple pie - almost tastes like my grandma's recipe so I'll bake a pie too.  

Then there's the usual sides.

I'm getting stuffed just thinking about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Nov 14th, Wednesday)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I agree that finding a comfortable route for your walk is important. Yes, I'm finding the temps dropping also but for some reason I think of your area being warmer. Enjoy your Thanksgiving meals including the one at which you are so gracious to help serve.

Bernie--Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure that your Middle Sister and you will have an enjoyable time. If there are the two of you then a turkey breast is sufficient...and you will likely have some leftovers.

I don't worry about Thanksgiving meals. Just give me pumpkin pie or a slice of pumpkin roll and I will be happy. The family dynamics during the holidays were not the best when people gathered, so there was always some tension, etc. As a result, I now enjoy the peace of dinner alone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.