Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Sept 23rd)

Image result for happy first day of fall

Hello, hello, hello, today is the first day of my favorite season Heart

To celebrate (not really), I broke down and placed an order with JCP Woman Embarassed  I guess today was St. John's Bay day.

I picked up 3 pair of these athletic pants.  I think I've mentioned in the past that Presto (sparrow) has a thing about me wearing a white top and gray pants.  I should have exposed her to more colors when she was a baby.  She's 6 now and I am not stressing her out at this point.  She's seen me in other colors, she just looks at me as though she's seen the face of Satan Woman LOL  So, when I am bopping around the house I keep it white and gray.

If ever there were clothing items that go above and beyond as far as return on investment, it's these pants and the long sleeved tees in the next photo.

Three of these (time to refresh the whites for fall and winter)

St. John's Bay-Womens Crew Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt Tall

Cardigan in two colors

St. John's Bay 2 Pocket Cable Cardigan - Tall

St. John's Bay 2 Pocket Cable Cardigan - Tall

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Sept 23rd)

Hello Ladies happy fall.....although the past few days seem like the start of summer....in the high 80’s.  When I went upstairs last night I turned on the a/c..it was over 80 and very humid. The other morning it was 48!.......I think this will probably be the last of the hot weather till next year ,thts what the weather guy said this morning anyhow!

Sat we had gone into NY out on  Long Island,we left at 11.30 and didn’t get back till 10 pm.that night .....three hours each way.......then just sitting the rest of the time. My  legs yesterday were killing me all day and all I did was sit......they are feeling better today.

Nice stash of clothes you ordered Bernie.....funny how Presto is only comfortable around you in those colors.     

I have not seen Downton Abby yet Linda,I am happy that you liked it..I know a few people who have seen it too and they say the same thing about it.

Not much is new here......going to do some laundry ..exciting life!    Have a nice day everyone.... Marijane

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1   I was under the impression that my sister was a rabid Downton Abbey fan because we would talk about it over the years.  When I heard the movie was coming out I said, we gotta see Downton Abbey on the big screen.  She said, nah, I'm not interested.  I said WHAT??!!!

That's when she told me that she was never really into it after Matthew died. 

I guess that took care of that Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly made a good selection to order from JCP.

Marijane--Our temps have been more like Summer but that may end after this week. It may be Fall but it doesn't feel like it yet.

I don't have anything much to report. I worked today, will work Wednesday and Friday with cardiology appointment on Thursday.  I"m not into Downtown Abbey, so I won't be seeing the movie. I did see the TSV presented when I turned on the TV when arriving home but won't be ordering. I just have too much stuff right now, some of which has rarely been worn. I like new things but I like my favorites also.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Love those things you ordered.  I was desperately looking for a cardigan sweater in blue, and finally ordered one from LL Bean -- it was on sale, but still not inexpensive.  I had checked JCP, but nothing was available at the time.  Oh well.....

We have been waiting for thunderstorms all day, and they are still not here.  It ls cooler today (highs in the 80's) and should be that way for the rest of the week, at least until Thursday.  I think it is probably cooler here than where many of you live.  

Sounds like a very uncomfortable long ride you had Marijane.  Today I had my first cortizone shot in my knee (had one in my hip), and I'm hoping that will help with my upcoming trip.  Between the varicose veins and arthritic knee, I can be miserable on long trips.

I am pretty sure you will love Downton Abbey as well since you enjoyed the series so much.  Seeing that scenery on a large screen is great.  Guess quite a few people didn't enjoy the show, and I think the movie would be a waste for them.  I really don't know why I enjoyed it so much (the series), but I really did.  To each her/his own. 

Glad you worked today, Jean -- you have a busy week ahead.  The TSV is not calling me either.  And, I have a lot of excess "stuff", particularly clothing and shoes.

I had strong bones class this morning (went well), and grief group this afternoon followed by a "coke float" with Jo Ann.  She seemed to be doing pretty well.  But, I am pretty sure she will decide to move to be closer to family (her son and family in CA or her sisters in CO) based on what she said.

Several of the "regulars" at grief group have decided to leave the group since it has been a year or more since the death of their loved ones.  This was my last meeting, but I hope to keep up with Jo Ann (maybe meet her after the meeting sometimes).

I think I did not mention my hospice visit on Saturday.  Not very good, unfortunately.  My patient slept the entire time I was there, and her son said she is sleeping 16 - 20 hours a day, and he thinks both of them are ready for her to go.  She is quite elderly, and I think she is just worn out.  I found out that she has AFIB, and has trouble just getting from the bed to the bathroom and back (using her walker, etc.) -- she has trouble catching her breath.  

I still hope that I will have a chance to visit with her again after my trip, but I'm not counting on it.  Although I know this is just part of hospice/life, I can't help but feel sad at the prospect of her death.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda