Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at a Time -- Monday, Sept. 21, 2015

Good Morning/Afternoon!   It is a rare rainy and cool September day here.  Since DH really does not like walking in the rain, we skipped our morning walk.  I did go to my strong bones workout, and today there were five of us!  One of the ladies is celebrating her 85th birthday tomorrow.  I think the rest of us are quite a bit younger, and we were impressed with her fitness.

No TSV for me -- don't care for the style, and the price is way more than I want to pay.   Any of you interested?  Nice that I'm not being strongly tempted by the TSV's lately.  I've had plenty of household expenses, and I'm helping DD with medical and other bills.

Our neighbor/builder has not arrived, so I guess the kitchen cabinet work will not be completed today.

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (off on your trip), Bernie, snicks, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Barbara (glad you had such a nice weekend), Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I plan to do a Leslie Sanson DVD next, and I'll be going to the audiologist to be fitted for my ear plugs after lunch.  No other big plans for me.   Hope many of you can post and let us know about your day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at a Time -- Monday, Sept. 21, 2015

Hello to all, thanks for starting the thread today LL.

I have no shopping plans for today. Nice that you are getting rain, now if you just don't get too much all at once. Glad you had a good group at your workout this morning. The 85 year old lady is pretty amazing it sounds like, good for her.

The box for our satellite dish burned out I guess, we can watch videos or Netflix, etc, but no actual TV programs, will need to contact them for a replacement in a little while.

Just in from mowing, did 2 of the 3 lots in the back, I think that last one will have to wait till tomorrow, lol. I am very worn out. Glad it is cooler and less humid though, that makes it much better for mowing purposes.

Not much planned for today, onward with polishing living room furniture I suppose. Still haven't heard from my doc's office about when they got my MRI scheduled. I'm in no hurry so it doesn't matter to me when it is.

I guess twinny is off on vacation now, hope she has a lot of fun and a safe trip.

My daughter (trucker) called this morning, in Pa, said the foliage is absolutely beautiful there, here it really hasn't started turning yet.

Nothing much going on here, so hope everyone has a good day. Waves.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.,I got my flu shot today...think I have a headache from it.,we had a fabulous weekend in Iowa celebrating my aunts 90th birthday. I got to reconnect with some cousins I am very close to. Memories...

snicks i I am glad you decided to stay on your meds. You are one ambitious lady. So is linda l.

We discovered sydnie had lice last night so after over a hour of treating and combing out her hair we think we got it all. Now today is washing all the bedding, spraying all of her stuffier. Yikes.

It is nice outside I got pretty warm so changed into some cooler clothes.

have a good day.

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends!  Bernie - had to laugh at the description of you traversing the construction zone.  Stay safe!  Good for cleaning out cupboards, even if it was late at night.  RockChick - hope you're able to find just the right church for you.  Snicks - food for all the mowing you do.  My DH does ours, so I'm spoiled.  Arlene - yes, kittens can be very NAUGHTY!!!  But they're so adorable too, I just love them.  Sydsgma - sorry about Sydnie's lice - hope they're gone for good now.  Glad that your aunt's birthday party was fun, and hope your headache goes away soon.

I've had a busy day so far.  My DH has the day off and asked to see the "honey-do" list I've been creating for him.  Jackpot!  We've spent the first half of the day washing all of the fans and light fixtures in the house.  It's so much easier to do with 2 people.  We're going to be cleaning the kitchen ceiling and light fixtures next (my DH is at the hardware store buying some replacement long flourescent bulbs and some new plastic covers which have yellowed).  So nice to get that job done.  

Do you remember a Susan Graver TSV about 6 weeks ago - it was a tunic sweater.  I returned the one I ordered for being too big, especially in the neckline, because it showed bra straps a bit.  I decided to wait until some showed up for sale "as is".  Well, today's the day.  They're available in almost every color and every size.  So I ordered several in different colors.  I hope that the smaller size will be correct.  Patience paid off.  It's item # A275150 if you're interested.

Hope you all have a nice Monday!   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

It's much cooler out today; I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything (I'm broke!), so I'll just get some work done around the house and perhaps get an early start to this week's homework; it was nice to finish and submit it early yesterday, rather than rush to beat the deadline.

I put the new vacuum cleaner together; this one doesn't even have screws, it just snaps togther. I went nuts trying to figure out where the end of the hose goes; as usual the instructions were no help whatsoever, and even the on-line video was useless. I ended up calling the company, and it turns out on this model one end of the hose doesn't go into the vacuum at all, it just snaps into a clip and you only use it with the tools.  Wish they had said that in the instructions! Anyway, this thing is supposedly better than a Dyson; never having had one I have no basis for comparison, but a pretty quick vacuuming (I'll do a better job later) pulled up three cups of pet hair and other yucky stuff.

LindaL, you made me look at the TSV. At one time I would spend a lot for purses, but things like that just don't matter to me anymore.  I do like the compartments on the front, but I don't get the point of those double handles in addition to a shoulder strap. In any case, I'd rather find purses in B&M stores, as I like to actually see the size and compartmentalization.

Snicks, I have to do some yard work as well, now that it's cooler. Not my favorite job, but I have no choice.

Lice! Cat Surprised  Hope you got them all! 

I'm unusually hungry; I guess I'll make some lunch, then get some more cleaning and other boring stuff done.  I have two boxes about ready for the troops; I just need to get one or two more little things to fill the second one up.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Just lost my post.  So waving hello to all!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You are welcoming Fall in with a cooler and rainy day. The Leslie Sansone dvds are a great substitute when walking outdoors is not possible.

Snicks--Sorry that you are having problems with the box for your satellite TV service. I had to have my cable box replaced once because of a power surge frying it.

Barbara--Glad you got your flu shot. Although you may have some discomfort now, it will pay off later. I am sorry Sydnie is having a problem with lice. That is a very contagious problem in schools. Sometimes it requires treatment so I hope she is free of it now.

Charlene--I bet DH wished he hadn't asked to see the "Honey Do" list. It is great that he helped and made the job easier. Good job on being patient for the SG sweater to show up in "As Is." I'll take a look.

Arlene--What is the brand of the vacuum you purchased? It sounds as if it does a great job. Hopefully, it will continue to do so. You have a heart of gold to continue making time to bake for the troops.

I had a good day at work. I left this morning just as Bob Mackie was presenting a jacket I loved and I returned early in time to see him present a flannel jacket I have bought in the past and loved. I would have bought the charcoal but it was sold out. As far as the TSV is concerned, I like the looks of it but not the price.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, It's a Eureka especially made for pet owners. It was inexpensive, but I was looking around and it has 4 1/2 star reviews on the Walmart site.  I've figured out that the more expensive vacuum I had in the end was no better than the cheap ones; sure, the cheaper ones don't usually last as long, but it averages out to the same cost. This one has a three year warranty, so we'll see how it goes.

Charlene, can I borrow your husband?  Cat Wink  I'll feed him well, and send him home with goodies....

I made some cinnamon bun cupcakes that need to be frosted; I'll deliver them tomorrow.  Somehow, I always have trouble getting much of anything done on Mondays...

I love Bob Mackie's stuff, but most of it is dressier and I rarely have occasion to dress up; I have a number of his things I've yet to wear for that reason.  He's such a nice man - a true gentleman, which is rare these days. 

Maybe I'll get back to my rabbi's widow cozy for a bit...this one is "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Choir."  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Snicks, what is for supper?  I just redid my freezer.  Took me quite a while to find the right bins to fit but I finally got some at the Dollar store.  Can't beat that price!  And now it looks a lot better and I'm not afraid of stuff falling out everytime I open the door.  I am having to eat my ice cream because there is no room left.  Smiley Wink

Charlene, my husband loves to work on his list because I make a BIG fuss when he's done. I love to give the men in my life a chance to be the Hero.  I just found out my brother is coming for the weekend, to Mom's, and I'm wanting to go see him.  Don't know if I will or not. Love the sweater - I would get one myself but it rarely gets cold enough to wear a sleeve or sweater material.

Barbara, we got our flu shots last weekend.  So sorry about the parasites.  They are so awful.  Strike fear into the heart of every Mom.  Poor kiddo - I hope they are all gone. 

Honored Contributor

Sydsgma, hi, glad you got your flu shot, I will be getting mine soon, can get them free at Walgreen with a form from my hubby's work, so that is what I will be doing as soon as it is available. Sounds like you had a great trip and visit with your relatives over the weekend. You made me laugh, I am not ambitious at all, I just can't stand for the lawn to get overgrown. Now the housework is another matter, I can always find some reason to put things off in here. So sorry about the lice situation, they can be hard to get rid of, but it sounds like you have it under control.

cerb, once I retired and hubby is still working I took over the mowing, he did it up till then. It is good to get those honey-do lists taken care of, I have one a mile long, lol. Good job on getting the SG tops you wanted at a savings. Love it when that happens.

FHG, sorry you had to call the company, but good for you getting your new vacuum put together. I do have a Dyson Pet model and love it, however I am sure there are others that work just as well.

KK, I did not get a new 'box' for the TV today, so won't be watching "The Voice", which I really enjoy, oh well. Glad you had a good day at work.

RC, I made a pot of chili for dinner tonight, we like no matter the time of year or the temp. Glad you found the bins you needed and got your freezer all straightened up. Real shame no room for the ice cream lol.

Hi to birdmama, and anyone else I may have missed. Think I am heading out to sit on the deck for a bit, it is such a nice evening. Have a great night everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".