Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, October 10th)

Good Morning/Afternoon Woman Happy

It's been a while since I've placed an order with JCP and I've been browsing their site online this morning.  I added several items to my 'wish list' and will give them some thought.  I need absolutely nothing but when has that ever stopped me Woman Very Happy

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, October 10th)

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama, thanks for getting us started this morning. 

You always do very well with the sales at JCP. Sometimes you need a thing or two ro refrese what you have in the closet.

Both of our computers are on their last ounce of power. Timing for us alwaussucks. We've been watching for some sales for the hubby's set up but hehas specifics for his work. I've been using an very old one put together with odds and ends of other systems. 
Well, it's been freezing on me for months and finally starting to freeze more than it worked. The last piece of the new equipment arrived today and he''ll start to transfer over everything tomorrow. It will save me so much time in the mornings and frustration. Thank heavens we fond a sale. We'll still searching for his business computer. Crossing my finger for a sale. 

Today is sunny but a bit cool. The leaves are starting to turn so my allergies are crazy. I think we have a few weeks before I have to cover outdoor furnitre. I picked another batch of peppers the other day and we may have a few more before I have to toss those plants. It must have been the new veggie planters and all the rain we had. It was just nice to have peppers that were wilting by day 3 to use.

I did watch a little of the Fall fashion programs but the prices stopped me from being tempted. I've been having some decent luck with one or two lunchtime specials" so I think I'll continue with that option. Works with the budget.

I spent Saturday washing all the dogs blakets from their kennels. I had to replace the bed pad because the old down throws were worn out. I can't remember how old they were so it was time. It took me awhile to find anything close to those at a sensible price but I did on HSN. I like to have a back up so one can be drying while one is in the kennel. The discarded ones we use in the cars when we'll hauling garden or Home Depot supplies. 

We heard from our DGS that he's on the list for solar panels for his home. Estimated wait time is 2-4 months. New windows are next and last on the list. (I think  he must must have my "list making" gene LOL

Prayers to all those in need.

Have a good afternon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Like you, I need absolutely nothing, and that has never stopped me either.  

Having free S&H was a very difficult test for my resolve, but I didn't order anything.  There were two tops on my wishlist, but I decided one would probably not look that great on me, and the other was overpriced despite being on sale.  If the price is lowered in the future, I will probably order the lovely SG top.

The TSV today is an easy pass -- not only do I have plenty of jeans (including a KG pair that I have not worn yet), but I am not fond of the brand.  I hope any who order them like them very much.

Today is a very quiet day for me.  My Monday OLLI class was canceled by the "study group leader" (aka teacher).  I woke up to see some of AM Style and then Kim Gravel came on.  I really like her jeans and was very tempted by some new grey bootcut ones.  But, I kept repeating to myself that I don't need more jeans plus I am not that fond of bootcut.

My plans for the day include some cooking and cleaning, plus doing an exercise DVD.  It was nice and cool on my walk.  

I heard from Jean that she is going to have a cardioversion tomorrow.  Pray that goes well for her. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

We are heading back home.  It was so nice staying overnight in Shipshewana, IN last night.   We always like to go to the Amish grocery store to buy SF candy, an acorn squash & SF jams.

We are not on a busy Hwy so I am glad.  It's a nice  sunny 75°  day.  I have no idea what our weather will be like when we get home.

I will be busy doing laundry and getting 2 weeks worth of mail.  DH  might have to mow the lawn.

Prayers for Jean.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

My husband built his computers too @Fressa   I thought about getting a new desktop when my old one just died and could not be revived.  This sticker shock I felt was real when I looked at prices.  My laptop doesn't have an open port at this point.  I have the internet jacked in directly, a solid state drive plugged in to store things elsewhere, the printer is using one of the ports, the monitor is using the other and the last one is accommodate a dongle that controls the wireless keyboard and mouse.

I'm surprised this thing hasn't started smoking Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I like jeans that feel like jeans which usually means I buy men's jeans.  I finally solved the larger waist than I needed problem when I stumbled across Arizona brand men's jeans from JCP.  They were athletic fit which meant they would accommodate a woman's rear and end and thighs.  I'm so glad I stocked up every time I saw a sale - they now make them 'flex' which means stretch.  Stretch jeans tend to grow on me as the day goes on and my heart goes out to the men who like me, loved the Arizona jeans brand.

Thanks for letting us know about Jean's procedures - prayers sent.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70  thanks for giving us updates from the road.  Safe travels home to you and your beloved.