Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, October 1)

Image result for fall fashion illustration

Good Morning and Welcome to a new Month Woman Happy 

It's been raining since I awoke this morning and I think we might hit the mid 60's today.  It's supposed to reach 70's the rest of the week with more opportunities for rain. 

Short of a couple of things on my Amazon wish list (no hurry to have them) I'm not feeling any urges to shop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, October 1)

http://www.naijanewsplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/October.jpghttp://www.okclipart.com/img88/dlanbuphxeonmkxhfzss.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we started getting rain yesterday and it looks wet until tomorrow morning.  At least we are getting 50's & 60's instead of the 80's & 90's.  The 3 pairs of D. & Co. pants that I ordered last  Monday, finally shipped out yesterday.

meallen, cute graphic.  Fall is my favorite time of the year, followed by winter.  

It was interesting to hear that Bird Mama & Marijane were/are katers.  I started roller skating at age 4.  We lived right across the street from our elementary school & had sidewalks all around the block. We wore heavy metal skates & had a key hanging around our necks.  When winter came, the school yard was flooded & then we ice skated.  We also went to the indoor roller skating rink.  We had our own white leather skates with a big pom pom on each skate.  We also had a fancy red/white blue metal skate case.  We wore long pants or shorts to the indoor roller skating rink.  How fun that Marijane had short skating skirts 

Since it is raining, I am going to get caught up with housework, decluttering my closet and maybe transferring some summer clothes for winter clothes.  I am anxious to start wearing my boots and fleece coats jackets.

We are going to be watching the Brewer's playing against the Cub's this afternoon. Marijane you need to cheer us on.  lol.

Supper is pork chops and a butternut squash in the oven.  St

Respected Contributor

Good morning to you @Bird mama and everyone else...it's cloudy and I am not doing any shopping today...just enjoying a cup of coffee and relaxing...Feeling good because UPS delivered my packages before noon and this will go in the Guinness Book of World Records!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello Ladies....nice picture Bernie.  it's sorta cloudy but warm,I think we are due for rain tomorrow.

Twinny I received those pants on Thursday ..I was afraid they would be too short..since my usual size in length is 29-30 inches...but they are perfect....maybe I have shrunk again?    WE also used to skate with those skates like you described they clamped onto shoe ,we wouldroller  skate in the streets with them....and also wore the key around our neck on a shoe lace, but  once and awhile we would go to,the roller skating rink,or take the subway into NYC to Central  park to ice skate. there  was Rockerfeller Centertoo but I think that cost a lot of money to skate tnere,probably still does. NOw there is also  ice skating in Bryant Park,which is a lovely park in tne city.    GOod luck to your team today..the Yanks  play Wednesday with the A's.  

NIce that you received your package already GAQshopr53...most of my items have been coming by mail lately..even big items.

Thanks for the graphic Meallen .hard to believe the summer is over...you usually have the same weather as me.    

went out this morning and picked up some salmon for supper........have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

GAQshopr53 & Marijane.  Wow!  You both got your packages delivered in record time.   I ordered the d & co. pants last Monday and they are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I forgot to say that our 15 year old dgs smiled nicely on the Homecoming picture and his date wore a very pretty geometric design knee length dress. They had dinner at the Olive Garden.  As far as I know, he survived the "big dance."

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Nice picture.  We are having a rare rainy day here.  It rained a bit yesterday afternoon, and then when I was taking my walk this morning.  I foolishly did not bring my raincoat or umbrella, so I was a bit wet when I got home.  I actually used the hairdryer since my hair was soggy.

Nice graphic, meallen.  Wish we had a real (by my definition) Fall here, but I sure don't miss winter cold, ice, and snow.  I know that twinny is a fan, but......

Glad your DGS smiled for the picture and his date was wearing a pretty dress, twinny.  Interesting about your skating adventures.  Despite not liking the cold, I did a lot more ice skating than rollerskating when I was younger.  There just weren't many rollerskating facilities nearby, and the neighborhood was hilly with few sidewalks, and not great for roller skating.

Great news about the early UPS delivery, GAQshopr53.  I don't think that happens here very often.

Glad the pants fit you so well, Marijane.  What great memories about skating in "the city" as my MIL used to call it.  My ex grew up in Garden City on Long Island, and his Mom was always talking about NY.  I have heard of  Bryant Park -- I think the Q did a show from there one or twice -- fashion show, I think.  It did look like a nice park.  Someday I need to get back to see New York city again.

I had my "strong bones" class this morning, and one of our "regulars" was back from her summer in Greece (she has family there, and is fluent in Greek.)  She had a great time and ate very well.  Another member told me that her husband is no longer eating, and she fears he will die soon.  I'm sure prayers for Jean (not our Jean of course) would be appreciated.

Since I am a little unsure about taxes, etc., I went ahead and made an appointment with our accountant for later in the month.  I wanted to wait until some of the estate stuff was settled before I talked to him, and I'm at a pretty good stage.  Still plenty more to do, of course, but......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Linda you are right about some fashions shows the q did from Bryant park,  I had forgotten about that.  At Christmas time the place is all decorated...they also have a great  resturant in there.

It's nice your GS had a good time at his home comingbTwinny......How is your DH doing....and also your team?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda L, we got a little bit of rain this morning, but now it is foggy. Prayers for your friend's DH.  

Marijane, my DH is recovering nicely, but fatigue is still making him want a nap most days.  The Brewer's won & it was exciting.  Our 13 year old dgs is shy, so he surprised all of us.