Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, November 2

I can't imagine dealing with what you had, twinny.  Thank God you are doing as well as you are now.  

I'm another one who doesn't care at all for long flights.  I am pleased that Jean is able to deal with them since she enjoys Hawaii so much.  

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  

I do NOT like it getting dark so early; I feel like the day is over before it's even begun! Cat Sad  I woke to pouring rain yet again, but it stopped by the time I went out - I had to go and pay that fine from kangaroo court. Cat Mad  Even the clerk agreed I did nothing wrong when I told her what it was for, and I told her that when he runs for re-election this judge can be assured I will do all in  my power to let everyone know how his runs his courtroom. It's like a Sharia court:  If a government official - no matter at how low a level - is there to testify, you're automatically guilty. 

I'm trying to get hold of the guy to fix my tub knobs; I'm getting really fed up with these people - seems no one wants to work!  I've called several times, but he doesn't have his voice mail set up.  Really?  And how do you run a business?  (He moonlights from his FT job, but still...)

Yesterday I went to Walmart just to get out of the house and got a load of candy for the soldiers' Christmas goodie bags as it was all half price.  I got mostly the huge bags of assorted individually wrapped items, but also a half dozen bags of Hershey's kisses - I can sort out the ones wrapped in red and silver, and keep the orange and copper wrapped ones for myself.  Cat LOL  On the way home I stopped at Bojangles because the sign said they had sausage biscuits for 99¢, so I got one for each of the girls. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and was starving, so I took a good-sized bite out of one, and OMGosh, it was AWFUL! Cat Surprised  In fact, I vomited not long after eating it.  I'll never go there again - not that I do anyway (because of their "It's BO time" slogan Cat Wink), but I won't even stop there for something for the dogs. 

LindaL, please do take care of yourself, and promise us you'll see a doctor if you feel nauseous again, OK?  I wish some of us lived near you so we could give you a hand; I can't do a whole lot physically, but I could cook. 

Bird, I always just cut the grass and leave it for mulch. I should probably do one last cutting for the season - maybe I'll get to it later this week.  I'm still working on getting the inside cleaning; today is furniture polishing day.  If I break up the work into smaller jobs it doesn't seem so overwhelming.  I picked up some window cleaner in Walmart that my cousin said is fantastic - it's called Invisible Glass, and I'll try it either later today or tomorrow.  Hopefully it'll get my car windows clean; I can't seem to get them without streaks.  I did get the rest of my summer tops put away and filled the chest  in my bedroom with sweaters. One day soon I have to haul all the plastic bins of sweaters into the hall and go through them - I should be able to donate at least a dozen.  I also went through my winter PJs - I had no idea I had so many!  Cat Surprised So...no more clothes shopping for the rest of the year...

Glad there are no more problems today, twinny.

Well, I have dinner in the oven; I guess I'll call the guy about the tub knobs again.  I'm getting really, really fed up with people!

Have a blessed evening, everyone! 

Esteemed Contributor

I am so hating it getting dark at 5:30 CT.  DH & I went to see mom this afternoon & she is still very confused.  She said that they told her that she could have surgery for something which she does not know for what & she said NO.  Then mom told us that she met a gal that we used to go to church with & come to find out the lady in the bed next to mom's it is her sister-in-law.  This ladies DH heard us talking & he said that we were talking about his Daughter-in-law.  He then asked mom if she would like to go to an assisted living place & oh my did that ever open up a can of worms in the wrong way.  Mom said NO & then told them that I was trying to get her into a home.    Mom still insists that she did well for 90 years & can do so again.  My brother will be seeing mom tomorrow night so hopefully she will listen to what he thinks needs to be done.  BIRD MAMA, It sounds like you have full control of your new lawn mower.  I am tired so praying for a good night's sleep.  I am loving this moped weather as it won't last forever.  lol.

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I'm sorry the biscuits made you sick.  Did they have the same effects on the dogs?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Well Bird, put it this way...if I don't watch the dogs, they'll even eat the "chocolate crunchies" from the litter boxes with no ill effects, and if a cat vomits they clean it up before I can, so no...they're fine.  Cat Wink  But boy, were those biscuits NASTY....the sausage was even more dried out than the biscuits.  Ugh!!

Turned out my phone battery died and the plumber guy called, so he'll be here tomorrow.