Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Nov 5th)

Hello shopping friends, 

Even though a bunch of leaves have fallen since I raked yesterday, I'm glad I did it when I did.  We had some rain and it's cloudy and drippy looking outside today.

I won't be ordering the TSV today.  Puffer jackets were never my thing.  If anyone posting here orders it, I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Today seems to be the better day for me to pull the trigger and order the olive colored parka that I spotted at JCP yesterday.  Even the the ebates percentage is less, the price is almost $30 cheaper.

a.n.a Heavyweight Hooded Parka-Tall

The fur around the hood is removable and if the parka works out, the fur is going, lol.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Nov 5th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I like the coat you ordered -- sounds like you got a very good price.  I have never been into puffer coats either, but I sort of like the TSV.  I will not be ordering since I already have a winter coat that I have not worn for at least five years.  

Our weather is lovely -- sunny and highs near 80 degrees.  It was cool on my walk this morning, but warmer than it has been for the past few days.

I'm back from strong bones class (I was the leader today).   I found out that I am the youngest one in strong bones class, and one of the ladies is 90 years old.  You would never guess it to look at her.  Another one had her birthday today -- 87.  Yikes!  I hope that I am doing as well as they are when I get older.

Planning to do a little shopping soon.   I need some milk, and also a couple of cards.  Beginning to think I should keep sympathy cards on hand since I have used so many lately.  But, I really like to consider the circumstances, etc., which are different in each case. 

As I mentioned on the other thread, yesterday at church we celebrated All Saints Sunday, and I ended up crying a great deal since they read out DH's name and put it in the bulletin.  It was so bad that I thought perhaps I should leave, but then decided I needed to cry if that makes any sense.  Yesterday evening, his DD called, and we had a nice talk.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  you take good care of yourself and I have no doubt you'll be rocking the strong bones class into your 80's.  

You needed to let it out when you heard your beloved's name spoken during the service at church yeterday.

In July 2017 there was a Mass at our childhood parish and it was in honor of my eldest sister.  That church was packed because my sister founded 2 mass mobs (groups of people who visit churches that have low membership and need help financially).

When I wasn't chasing my youngest great niece around and trying to her keep her occupied , I was crying.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I do think you made a great purchase with the coat. Enjoy!! You may have delayed until a time that the eBates rebate was less but you made out with the new savings on the coat.

Linda--I agree with Bernie that with your fitness routine and strong bones class that you will be in for the long haul and may even be participating in your 80s and perhaps more. After all, the 90 year old is an example. It is understandable that it was an emotional time for you when DH's name was read during the celebration.

The TSV is nice but I have a DB puffer coat that is not an extreme puffer. I had my routine appointment with my Primary Physician today, and following that I got my booster Shingles shot. I now have a very sore arm.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Today's trivia based upon those who talk about the numberof returns they make, most of which are likely justified.Take a look at this:

The National Retail Federation estimated that Americans returned $351 billion worth of goods last year, or 10% of all sales. Of those returns, it estimated that $22.8 billion worth qualified as fraudulent, equal to about 6.5% of total returns.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was reading about returns somewhere in this community and I can't recall where, lol.

Anyway I think it's disgusting behavior @KonaKat.