Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday May 3rd)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion, Susan, but no one ever seems to pick up items that I have put out in the past. 

I also listed  some books on Nextdoor (neighborhood electronic newsletter), and no one was interested in them.  A couple people expressed an interest in a popular book, but then decided they didn't want it.  Hopefully, the books will denigrate in the landfill rather than plastic items that will still be a problem for hundreds of years. 

I am a "friend of the library" locally, and they have so many books in their re-sale shop that they had to rent warehouse space, and they are only accepting paperback fiction.  The books I have left to donate were my late husband's -- mostly hardback and almost all non-fiction.  Hopefully, people will start buying again   I'm not "trashing" all of them just in case they do.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L,  I am hoping that my bf sells a lot of books.  She has spent a lot of time putting them in shoe boxes with each author in a different box.  She reads a lot of series by different authors and has spent quite a bit of $$ on them.

We are getting a thunderstorm right now.  We need the rain, but not this much at once.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----I just had a thought about the book donations-----so the shelters in your area accept them?  I think our one women's shelters has a list of specific items and most of the other ones prefer $.