Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday May 3rd)

Good Morning Woman Happy  We had such a beautiful day here yesterday that I couldn't resist being outside.  The grass grows fast this time of year so I dropped the height on the lawn mower from 3 to 2.5 (whatever that means, lol) and cut the grass.  It was breezy and sunny and it felt really nice to be outside getting some fresh air.  I opened the windows in the house and aired the place out.  I checked out the items recently aired for yesterday's Denim & Co show.

I'm not in the market for a skort however I think is a really nice one.  Solid colors and it looks more tailored.

Denim & Co. Active French Terry Skort with Seaming Details - A399461

The bandana print jacket is cute too.  I picked up a quilted jacket from JCP last fall so I'm not in need when it comes to a quilted jacket.

Denim & Co. Patchwork Bandana Print Jacket with Quilt Details - A396467

They're upping their game with this line.  Maybe if they put this jacket on clearance I'll rethink it.

It's raining softly right now and we are expecting rain (on and off) through Wednesday.  We need it.

How are you today?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday May 3rd)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you are having a nice day, we get rain and more rain.  I am not complaining, we need it and it is a slow drizzlily rain.  We cut our grass on Saturday and it was high, it took two chargings of the lawn mower batteries.   I like the jacket you show, I don't wear shorts so the skorts is out for me.

We are waiting for it to quit raining, we want to go to Lowes and pick up some items we need for the yard.  But I looked at the weather channel and we will be waiting for a while.  

Not much else to report right now, hope everyone has a nice morning.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it was a beautiful day here yesterday too.  I had a good walk before lunch and a moped ride touring around town.  It was in the mid 80's by afternoon, so I hibernated in the nice cool basement.  We need the rain & just got a few drops.  We are supposed to get more later this afternoon then cooler temps for the rest of the week.  Yeah!  I love skorts & bought 4 of them two years ago.  They look like the new yet and launder great.  I have a white denim one, red denim, indigo denim & a blue/white check seersucker one.  They are my go to for everything we do.  I have even worn them to church with a nice top.

So far I am 0-2 in making appts. this morning.  I tried to change my dh's 6 month lab/Dr. follow-up & there are no openings for next week instead of the following week.  I knew that the odds were slim to none. Then I called an eye clinic as he needs a vision test.  I am waiting for them to call back.  His brother our eye Dr. for 46 years retired last June.  Darn!

My DH and I got a graduation invite last week from our great niece in S. IL. We are so looking forward to going on a mini vacation that we are planning to leave here on May 14th, staying in a nice campground and getting there the next day for the party.  It's going to be outside with just a few of us.  We haven't seen them for almost two years & my brother and part of his family will there & we haven't seen him since last September which was at a graveside funeral.

We will be staying with my niece and her family two nights & getting back home on May 17th.  My dh's Dr appt is on the 18th.  I talked to our ds on Saturday night and he said since we are fully vaccinated GO.  He said that we can't stay home forever and knows that we will be wearing a mask inside the house, not staying in a motel & getting drive thru lunch/dinner.  

Our last vacation was 1 1/2 year's ago and we are so ready to hit the road.  Now I am praying for the best.

Last night we went into the hot tub with the Wine Cooler that we forgot to have on our 51st wedding anniversary in March.  The stars were so beautiful and we even saw a few airplanes.  It doesn't take much to make us happy.

No big plans today and tomorrow except going to the gym.  On Wednesday, we plan to use our new carpet cleaner and do all of the carpeted rooms.  It's supposed to be sunny and we can open all of the windows.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we are supposed to get off & on rain for a couple of days.   Need it, but I prefer a bit of 🌞🌞🌞.  Right now it's a bit hazy.  We have a new Farm and Fleet & the Grand Opening was all weekend.  We went on Friday which was a zoo to get caramel macchiato K cups.  Just as I got to the coffee aisle a lady put the last box into her cart. I have a rain check.  We went back yesterday and it was still busy but manageable.  My DH bought a bottle of the weed killer that he uses, two 6 packs of Pepsi for 4.50, & a black pair of jeans which are hard to find.  He is a Happy Camper.  We much prefer F & F over Wal-Mart.  We had a F & F, but it was much smaller than this one.  The new one  went into our vacant Shopko building. 

Glenda 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's raining today and forecasted to last until Thursday. So far the ground has been able to absorb most of the water before the next round of showers. Thunderstorms are in the picture so I hope that happens during the daytime instead of night.

I washed the Candace tees today so I have my fingers crossed that there isn't any shrinkage. I like the fabric. The colors were different than what I thought but I thought I might as well try a new color. The fit was okay. They said not to size up but I'm wondering if I should have. I'll see how they fit after they dry. 

Saturday was a nice day here so we did quite a bit of yardwork and mini "fix-its". The status on the patio rugs keeps changing from backorder to preparing my order which isn't good. The round rug arrived. It was tightly woven so the wrinkles were a challenge. I put the table on it and moved the bench on the one side and some bricks on the other. It looks fine today from being soaked in the rain.  I thought I mights as well toss out the old rugs regardless of when/if the new ones arrive. We cut those up for the Monday garbage pickup. It looks much nicer just to have the old ones out of there.

Tomorrow is the A/C annual check with the new company. They are still on schedule regardless of the rain. I do have some appointments to make up but I'm going to wait until the a/c gets checked off the list and then start a new "line up".

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.

I am copying a post from SteffieG, a poster from the past just in case you might have missed it.

Contributor
steffieg

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, APR 21)

It's Stephanie, it's been a few years since I posted, so I stopped by to say hello to everyone!

So here is an update:

1.  My oldest son got married in January of 2019.

2.  My daughter got married on September 1, 2019.

3.  Became a 1st time "NaNa" on April 7, 2020 during a pandemic; son, wife and new baby girl did extremely well during that time.

4.  We unfortunately lost our dog Hart the day after my piano recital in December 2019.  He was 16 years old.

So that's about it.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I will stop by periodically to send greetings!

Have a wonderful day!

SteffieG

Esteemed Contributor

Now I am back.

Glad you had such beautiful weather yesterday, Bernie.  It was very windy here, and today is cooler and still windy, but not as bad.  We could use rain, but none is predicted.

I have seen several D&Co. items of interest lately, but the lack of need and prices have kept me from ordering so far.

Glad you are getting needed rain as well, Susan.  The grass must have really been growing there.

Good that you will be able to attend the graduation, and enjoyed your hot tub and wine cooler, Glenda.  Have fun at the gym.  Is Farm & Fleet the same as Tractor Supply?  We have a Tractor Supply here, but I only went there a couple of times before the pandemic.  They had some nice clothing, but not much else of interest for me.  Hope you are able to get the appointments you want.

Nice that you got so much yard work done, Fressa.  I think it is a good idea to get rid of things before a big trash pick-up. I decided to go through some of the items that I planned to donate (particularly books), but have not been able to.  It seems like all the donation places around here have decided not to accept books for the time being (and have not accepted them for many months).  While I hate to trash them, I am very tired of them sitting in the corner.  

Hi SteffieG -- good to hear from  you and congratulations on your first grandchild.

Nothing exciting going on here. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

StephanieG, congrats on the two weddings and being a first time grandma.  Spoiling them is part of the fun.

Linda L, I think that Farm and Fleet is like Tractor Supply, but we have only been to one of them. We can't remember where we were, but it was 2 years ago when we were heading to the World's Largest Fish Fry in Paris, TN.  It was my dh's birthday & he bought 3 very nice snap front shirts for a great price.  They still look new.  We were either in KY or TN as we don't have one near us.  That's too bad about not being able to get rid of your books.  Our senior center takes them & put them in a certain place for 3 or 4 days before they are put back out.  My bf is having a 3 day garage sale with her dd starting on Thursday.   She has hundreds of books for sale and she told me that she has at least 400 books in the house yet.  They have a huge amount of things to try to get rid of.  

fressa, we need rain, but not 4 days in a row.  I like getting rid of things that I don't want asap.  Before my dh changes his mind.  Lol.  Cutting up cardboard is what we usually cut up so that it fits in the recycling bin. It only gets picked up twice a month, but garbage is picked up weekly.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your friend is able to sell the books, Glenda.  My friend who had a "estate"/"moving" sale a few months ago  said that the lady organizing the sale told her that books were not selling -- even if nice books at a very low price.   So, she tried to give the books away with not much luck.  It is a bit weird since I know many of the seniors in our area a big readers, but perhaps afraid to buy used books during the pandemic.  Currently, our library is allowing you to check out books, but like your senior center, they are put away for several days before being put back on the shelves.  

Trusted Contributor

Linda -  Can you put a table out with the books on it with a sign that they are free?