Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, March 2nd)

Hello all, not much going on in my part of the world today.  I have a dental cleaning and annual exam tomorrow so I've already checked for wild eyebrow hairs, chin hairs and random nose hairs.

I should probably cut back on my daily Biotin. Woman Very Happy

What's good in your world today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, March 2nd)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  That is funny about the biotin.  I have been taking biotin for years, but haven't made the connection with chin hairs. etc.  Your new sheets, etc., look nice.  I am happy with the new shower curtain that I ordered.  The old one was okay, but it was several years old, I was ready for a change, and the price wasn't too bad.

Hope Jean's work is going well.  With your health issues, I think it is good to keep the hand sanitizer around, twinny.  Continuing to pray for Charlene and her DH.

It is mostly sunny here with highs predicted in the low 60's plus rain this afternoon.  Strong bones went well this morning, and I took my dress for the wedding to be altered.  Small, local shop, but it was hopping.  I think they are reasonable and do good work plus they are only open three days a week.  I let the owner make suggestions on alterations, and she will be making several -- shortening and taking it in, plus shortening the sleeve length of the jacket.  I think it will fit amazingly well when she gets done.  The price for the alterations is $49,, which I think is good, and with the low price of the dress ($20), it will come to little less than $70 which is great.

I went to the Wal Mart yesterday -- mostly to pick up a few food items, and the store was very crowded, particularly near the cleaning/sanitizing and OTC drug aisles. Shelves were depleted.   I think the virus has gotten our attention.  Praying that it can be contained and serious illness and death will not be a big problem in the U.S.  

Hope to visit my hospice patient this afternoon.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

OH MY GAWD!  To hear you say you do the "facescaping" thing before a dental appt made me laugh - hard laugh.  I thought I was THE ONLY ONE!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's rainy off and on today. The forecast for the week is a little bit of everything. I'll just be content if the temps stay cool. I see more and more buds sprouting so I hope they don't forget to grow of freeze off before Spring really arrives. It's always so "sad" looking to see one flower here and there when I planted 30 bulbs. LOL

I'm dragging today. I guess I need to take a couple of days to just rest and recharge my batteries but that never seems to come up on my "to do" list. I am so behind on all of my appointments and everything else. I know that eventually it will all get done but I'd rather have it be sooner than later. The dogs really do need a bath but the temps need to be in the mid 50's for that to happen. 

We have a stray deer and fawn in the yards all day. They love to munch on the wild mint and clover or whatever else that I planted at the end of the parking pad. It's like it's their secret stash. I see a few of them have discovered a few of the bulbs that were at the fench edges. The fawn is on the front porch by the door searching thru a few leaves. I'm not crazy about being ont he porch because the older ones can be dangerous with the reflection in the glass. The dogs usually bark them off but they are napping in the family room. I don't like to spook them (especially the babies) They usually find each other eventually. Well, I finally was able to get her to move from the front garden and move to the wooded side of the house. What a relief......

So far, I've been on target with not ordering any clothes, etc. I did see a few Linea and Basso items but I know I'm going to find clothes that I forgot about once I start re-doing the closets. That's what I keep telling myself. Actually, after the last jean crop pant that I ordered and the trouble with the sizing it has me a bit hesitate to order anything. Shipping is so slow so by the time you receive it then your chance of an exchange is reducted by 50% (IMO). 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Sometimes a new shower curtain just perks up the bathroom.  I'm sure the dress is going to look fabulous on you.  When I went grocery shopping last week I didn't pay attention to the availability of sanitizing products.  I'll look this week and see if the shelves are empty.

I hope the visit with the hospice patient goes well.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby  Naw you are not alone.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My yard is fenced in and if I looked out and saw a deer in my yard or on my patio I would freak out, in the best way @Fressa   I know what you're saying though - you don't want a wild animal crashing through a window.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I just make sure that I don't have lipstick on.  We were in the 50's and 🌞🌞 yesterday.  It's going to be nice all week and probably next week too.  

Linda. Getting a new shower curtain seems to "spruce up" the room. I will be looking for a new one  before our ds, ddil and my niece and her family come for our huge Cheese Day's celebration in September.  That's a great price for getting your dress altered.  It's a difficult job.  You will look lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, I was dragging two weeks ago.  It seemed like everything was going on that week.  My DH saw a deer walking down the middle of the road last year when he was on his walk. At first he thought that it was a large dog since we live in a residential neighborhood.  We have a lot of squirrels running around here & they are a lot of fun to watch.  Good luck with your many projects.  Like you say, It's one thing at a time.

ko, welcome to the boards.

It's another beautiful day & it's supposed to be nice for 8-14 days.  We hot tubbed before lunch & after lunch we went to the gym.  We got there at a good time.  Nobody was on the 4 things that I use. We got back the pic that was taken of us at the couple's party.  It looks nice & we haven't had our pic taken by a photographer for a long time.

I have beef stew in the oven for supper.

I need to go out tomorrow to see if I can find a good hand sanitizer.  I would love to go to JCP tomorrow & lunch out, but staying healthy is more important right now.  

Hugs to all of you.