Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, June 6th

CERB, it sounds like you have a full-time job with yard work & your animals.  It is nice that your DD is lots of help.

FHG,  I am all about having fun this week.  I don't bounce back from stressful situations like I used too.  I am sorry about your not so fun classes.  

SPIX,  We have only had the A/C on once so far, but the windows have been wide open for a few weeks already.

Gayle,  Sorry about your nightmare with DH 's surgery.  My only hospital nightmare was at the Mayo Clinic.  I was there for 2 weeks about 14 years ago when one of the nurses knocked my eye glasses off of the bedside table & the frames broke.  They did pay for new frames, but it was a long time without being able to see.

While we were in the hot tub, I told my DH that my shoes are finally in order.  He asked me how many were in our master bedroom closet & I said 18 pairs.  He said "I am glad that there isn't a zero on the end of 18.". I Have 6 pairs that are my quick " go to" shoes in another closet.  I told him that he should be a comedian.  I donated 3 pairs.

Respected Contributor

Gayle, so sorry about your day.  We had a really bad surgery thing - didn't realize his pain meds were wearing off about the time we got into the car. An hour long bumpy ride after back surgery and needing pain meds was truly horrific at the time. I'm glad his things got found and you caught the mistake at the pharmacy! I hope recovery goes well and you both sleep good tonight.

Karen, so nice to see you dropping in.  I know DS must be very excited about the possibilities.  DD is home too and has quite the mess.  "Stevie's closet" is in her room and I couldn't get to it.  lol I watered a couple of her wilted plants and closed the door.

Better post this while I can, wifi is not dependable today.

Respected Contributor

Twinny that is about how many shoes I have.  Your DH sounds pretty funny. A lot of women have many more pairs of shoes and I do love shoes.  I think my boot collection is pretty luxurious since we barely get to wear them here.

Hellos and hugs to Birdmama, snicks, Charlene, Marijane, spix, and everyone that I missed.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie!  Glad your weather is nice today.

I think our weather is closest to Charlene's -- it got up to 110 or so yesterday, and that is the predicted high for today as well.  We are breaking records that we did not need to be broken.  At least it is a dry heat, but it has changed my habits -- try to get outside stuff done early as possible.  Again this morning, I took my walk quite early (5:40 a.m.)  I came home to find DH had wet the bed despite having gone before my walk.  So, I quickly changed the sheets before the caregiver came.  She found a large cockroach in the shower, and we were both chasing it around until I managed to kill it.  Good thing neither of us has a cockroach phobia.  I understand they come up through the sewer sometimes.  I have sprayed the house pretty thoroughly.

Hope the scrubber works well, Marijane.  Good for you with all those clothes ready for donation.  I am pretty sure I have a couple more pieces ready to go, but I'm still thinking about my choices.  It really should not be that difficult, but.....

Sounds like you have your hands full at work and home, Karen.  Hope the addition of your DS and his "stuff" doesn't bother you too much.  My oldest DGS (just graduated from college), had an interview last Friday, which didn't go well.  They had already hired another person, but wanted him to come just to see how things might go.  They offered him an unpaid internship which he declined since he wants a paying job, and has one at Macy's.

Hi snicks.  I like how you put it -- the options for indoor work are many.  That is true for me as well.  I'm trying to be nice to myself in hopes that I will be encouraged rather than discouraged about how much I need to do.  It is supposed to cool down here by next weekend, but cool down is the upper 90's.  

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, twinny.  Good to have a ME week, and great that your DH is preparing dinner for tonight.  I think you do not have an excessive amount of shoes, but your DH certainly did make a funny joke.  

I can't imagine doing yard work in this heat, Charlene.  Hopefully, you did the work in the morning and kept hydrated, etc.  I saw one of my neighbors out pulling weeds around 6:00 a.m. -- she was already complaining about the heat, and I don't blame her.

You are right about the electric company needing the money, Essie.  They are certainly getting plenty from us since I am running the AC plus lots of fans.

Sorry you are exhausted, Arlene.  It must be difficult to work so hard on subjects that are not relevant to what you want to do.  

Hope you can get some rest, Gayle.  The operation "logistics" sound awful.  Also hope your DH recovers quickly.

Waves to Kathleen (sorry about your DD's mess), Rosa, Barbara, pinky ann, butterfly, Jean, and all of our posters and readers.

The slippers we ordered from DH"s podiatrist were too small, so we are exchanging for a different style.  They do not make them in larger sizes, so if these new ones don't fit, I guess we will need to look elsewhere.  DH is doing fairly well today, but I don't think he can take this heat (part of the reason I am using so many fans and turning down the AC).  Also, his walking is getting worse and worse.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

RC, Yes my DH has a good sense of humor, but he has more clothes than I do.  I have 6 pairs of nice winter boots.  All of my boots have heels that I don't have to worry about slipping & falling down.    Sorry about DD's messy room.  We love being "empty nesters."

LL,  it is too bad that the slippers didn't fit.  It is good that you have A/C & extra fans in those temps.  I like my shoes & wear several different ones every day.  I remember when I was first diagnosed with CIDP & I only had one pair that my DH could get onto my little feet as I am so ticklish.  Now I am making up for lost time.