Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, June 6th

Hello everyone and welcome to a new week :-)

I was nice a cool this morning.  I think the high is expected to be 80.  Now that is what summer should feek like to me.  Unfortunately it's going to get hot - mid 80's near 90 hot by the weekend.  Eww.

Keeping myself busy at work. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, June 6th

hello Ladies....sounds like we are having the same weather as you Bernie....this morning I was also chilly but it has heated up...The "wild weather" that was predicted for yesterday never amounted to much...just a steady rain,which we needed, then a beautiful sunset.   

I received my s/v scrubber today and it is charging up...takes 8'hours the instruction said so it should be ready tomorrow......it seems heavy to me....hope that won't be a problem....I think Charleen and Jean ordered it too......I hope Jean is having a nice time...not sure when she said she would be back.

That's about it..I have 3 bags of clothes to drop off so hopefully tomorrow morning.....I'm going out to float now.   DH is making chicken Marsala for supper tonight so that lets me off the hook for tonight.     

have ve a nice day everyone........Marijane

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  Bernie, thanks for starting.  It was nice and cool here this morning, too...but getting hotter by the minute.  I think it's supposed to be mid to upper 80s this afternoon.  After yesterday's rain, the grass looks so green and my flowers look wonderful.

Trying to get some decluttering done, but that is a slow go with DS moving back home with us for the next year, until he's off for his fellowship.  Right now, there is "stuff" all over.  Not good for my crazy self.  He is off to Michigan this afternoon for an interview tomorrow, so I'll be taking him to the airport in a bit.

Meanwhile, it's been quite busy at work...we have a few new clients that need to be brought current.

Keeping all those struggling in my prayers...gotta run, enjoy the day!!!!

Regular Contributor

We must have been posting at the same time, Marijane.  I have a black and decker scrubber which works pretty well...when I remember to use it!!!  Hope the TSV works for those who bought it!!!  Enjoy the sun!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, thanks @Bird mama for the start today. We are at 82 degrees now supposed to get to about 86 or so today here, then cool off tomorrow, but then get hot, hot, hot. I don't think any rain is in the forecast for several days.

@Genny1, glad you didn't have the wild weather yesterday. I hope the scrubber you got works out well for you. I think I used to have a B&D one, don't have any idea what ever happened to it. It did work. Enjoy floating and dinner tonight.

@ksmitty28, I can imagine what having another person's belongings in the house, once you are used to it not being there. Good luck to your DS on his interview.

I straightened the house this morning, went out and did a tiny bit in the yard, and now am contemplating what I should do first back in the house, believe me, the options of what needs done as many. I seem to have slacked off over the winter, cause last summer I was on top of everything, this year...not so much, lol.

Hope KonaKat is having a great time on her trip, I don't remember when she was returning either.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves to all...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we are still having beautiful 70's, but it will be in the upper 80's starting Friday.  Ewww! Is right. Not humid just hot.

Marijane, Have fun floating.  We had a 5 minute shower yesterday after DH watered my tomato plants.  My DH is grilling out for dinner.  It is nice not having kitchen duty isn't it?  I did finally get my shoes organized this morning.  YEAH, as that job should have been done last week.

Karen, It is wonderful that your DS will soon be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with his schooling.  I know that it seems like they will be students for ever.  Our grass is green & now we need to put some flowers & bushes in.  The lawn guy just came & put down a load of dirt & grass seed.

SNICK's,  you are very busy with outside, so it is hard to do inside chores too.  I hung 2 large loads of wash out this morning.

I am like the energized bunny today.  I hung laundry out, organized my shoes & vacuumed the closet carpeting.  Made pancakes & sausage for breakfast.  I amn ready to hot tub & then take a two hour nap.

It was sad in church  yesterday as we are a small church & losing our friend was a huge loss.  We did have a wonderful potluck though & a nice bridal shower afterwards.  The wedding will be on Sunday at the family farm.  

DH & I went to a lovely wedding on Saturday night.  Last week was an emotional one for me so I am having a "ME" week this week.  I am walking with a friend tomorrow & then we are going to have a nice lunch out.  Wednesday DH & I are having lunch out & then going to hear our accordion band.  Friday night it is concert on the square if I can take the heat.

I did wash 3_windows & screens today so that will continue tomorrow.  My next infusion is just two weeks away & my fatigue usually starts the week before.

It is so nice & sunny & not hot so I am HAPPY CAMPER!

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - it got well over 100 degrees over the weekend, and is a little cooler today.  Yes Marijane, I ordered one of the scrubbers, but I think I'll gift that to my DH for father's day, lol.  I'll find a more "fun" gift to include with it.  I hope it works.

We did a lot of yard work over the weekend, and now I have indoor-type chores to do.  Nothing special, but it seems like I never get quite caught up.

Hope you all have a fruitful Monday!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, my weather is same as yours, so I guess the a/c will be running non-stop, well ComEd does need the $$  lol

Not much going on here today, really quiet in the hood

Hope all are having a good day

See ya later

Essie

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, I wasted an entire day yesterday doing homework on stuff that I'll never need - what do stock ratios have to do with a degree in Human Resource Management? Cat Frustrated I was exhausted and couldn't finish one last assignment; I'll get to that this evening. It's going to be a day late, but at this point, I don't care.

The rain has ended and it's supposed to be hot and sunny for the rest of the week. Today I may take the dogs for a drive since they didn't get an outing yesterday, then later this week I need to get the floors and rugs washed, the office organized yet again (it's sort of a "catch all" room), and some (ugh!) yard work done. I still haven't gotten around to swapping out my purses; I need to get to that as well.

I'm glad you're having a week to yourself, Twinny - you've earned it!  Too bad you don't live closer; we could go out and have some fun.

I'm totally exhausted; I think I need a nap...I'll check in later.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

In post operative mode (my spouse).  It was day surgery.  Everything went fine with the actual surgery but the logistics were a semi nightmare.  His eyeglasses were misplaced (but eventually found), the hospital lost track of his location one time when I inquired re: his status (that was interesting) and his refills were done wrong but I caught that before leaving the pharmacy.  I am kind of worn out.  We had to get up real early so it is hard to feel on top of your game but anymore you have to be.  O.K. done unloading, I hope everyone has a good day!  Gayle