Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 28th)

Hello all, did anyone have issues logging into the community this morning?  Every time I tried I got sent back to the home page.  Was weird. 

It was really humid yesterday so I stayed in the house and puttered around and did laundry.  My new steel by design bracelet broke last night, lol, when the chain got hooked on a thread of my couch cover.  I thought, so much for stainless steel.  I removed and tossed the chain and will find a use for the crystal ring.  Since I bought it on easy pay and have only made one payment I am not tossing the entire thing.

We had some more rain yesterday and can expect on and off showers every day through this week.  Bless the person who invented air conditioning Heart

JCP is having a pretty good sale and I'm looking at a couple of items.  Right now I have them on my wishlist.  

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 28th)

Yes, I was just able to get in.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I agree with you about AC.  They are predicting the possibility of rain here as well.  Since we are in the midst of a terrible drought, rain would be welcome.  However, humidity can be uncomfortable, plus I will not be going to the pool if thunderstorms are predicted.  

Very sorry to hear about that bracelet.  What a bummer.  Hope you find something nice from JCP.  My new Bissell steam mop came from Amazon yesterday, and I really like it so far.  I have already ordered some extra mop heads.

Jean posted on FB about the reason for her weight loss during her Alaska trip.  Just in case she doesn't post it here, it turns out that most of the restaurants were closed or were booked during their stay.  Yikes!  As I mentioned on FB, this was a problem for my friend's son and family who went to Disneyland.  Not good.

My plans are for some cooking and cleaning as well as attending the last OLLI Hinduism class via Zoom. 

Waves to all of out posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny, hot, humid with thunderstorms forecasted for the remainder of the week. I have my fingers crossed that  the tree guys can take the last jumbo tree tomorrow before the "monsoon" arrives. Every day we go out and find more debris as we get some wind passing thru. It looks like most of our yard work will be the scrubs, holly and side hill garden. They were under some of the trees so it's looking pretty sad on that side. The insurance adjuster is to show the second week of July. I won't even start on that that conversation. Needless to say, it looks like we have tab. 

I did watch more of the CIJ programming than I planned just to calm down from it all. It was a good deterant not to press "order" on any item. So that was a good thing. I always sucker for glittered flameless candles or lanterns but I refrained this time. Is it me or have those items gone up by $20 or more? I was tempted with some of the Valerie trees because they go up so quickly but I don't need trees. The other issue was if we were going to be done with all our home projects by holiday time.

I finally saw Carolyn Gracie on early today with Joan Rivers and Attitudes. I was on the lookout for a work blouse for our DIL. It takes some time to find work clothes for her. 

Birdmama--That's a shame about your bracelet. It's a good thing you are so handy. It's good that it's not a total loss but it is disappointing. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. Hope everyone stays cool.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we have had rain off and on for the last few days and more expected through Thursday.  Thank goodness, it's been a nice rain and the 🍅🍅🍅 plants are loving it.  I have been picking a few cherry tomatoes & put a few of them in our salad for lunch today.  That's a shame about your new bracelet.  I bought a 3 pack of hoop earrings at least 6 years ago and still have one pair that I wear almost every day.  I lost one & threw the other one out.  The other pair went down in the opening near a window slot of our previous Subaru & I couldn't suck it back out.  

Linda L, I hope that you enjoy your zoom class today.  No restaurants open or already filled with reservations would not be fun.   Half the fun of going to a new place is trying different kinds of food.  I can't imagine being in the PNW at this time & no A/C.  

fressa, good luck with the final tree removal.  I am sure that the tree removal was messy.  I don need any cij things to entice me. We down sized our Christmas things 5 years ago and have not looked back.  If I saw a snowman ⛄⛄⛄ that I really liked, I would get it.  I love snow and snowmen.  

We are going to the gym soon.  It's been working out well as a mask is no longer required and there is  no limit on how many can go at the same time.  We have a mask with us just in case, but there were only 3-4 of us there last week.  More people are getting outdoors more.

Our weather has been very nice and we have been able to have the windows open for more than a week without any A/C.  

Our Saturday night fish fry was good & we saw friends that we haven't seen for more than a year because of the Pandemic.  We are planning to start playing cards soon.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda